AVIC411.com

Official Firmware 3.0 Status Thread!!

anybody wanna sell me there's after they install?

instead of buying from them i can buy from someone here and it's a win win situation for both of us. send me a message if interested

I think each "Media Number" can only get the password once, so that will not work.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The software bypass does not work after update. I tried searching and gave up. Does anyone have the link on how to do the software bypass for 3.0?

So if the software bypass does not work.... My question is will the wire bypass still work? I assume it will but I just would like confirmation before I upgrade!

The software bypass does not work after update. I tried searching and gave up. Does anyone have the link on how to do the software bypass for 3.0?

So if the software bypass does not work.... My question is will the wire bypass still work? I assume it will but I just would like confirmation before I upgrade!

Both bypasses work, in exactly the same manner as before.

Both bypasses work, in exactly the same manner as before.

Excelent!!! Thanks for the input Borris!

My F900BT update "shipped" last night. No tracking number. From what I have read from others, I think Pioneer's definition of "shipped" really means "finally charged your credit card, considering putting the item into a box sometime soon........maybe" :-P

Did they give you an invoice? My shipping notification came w/ an invoice. In the "Carrier" section there is a "PRO#" - this is the tracking number. My card was charged when I ordered a month ago. Mine is supposed to arrive today.

So my roommates accepted the package while I was at work. Ug, I know all I have to do is call UPS and tell them I don't want the package... sigh! haha.

Has anyone seen any benefit from keeping this update? I downloaded the one floating around here earlier and I'm good with it so far. The only down side is that the ipod cable doesn't read my ipod

Ok now get this............

I am in my front yard when UPS pulls up with my delivery, as I am chatting with the delivery guy I open the box (which was quite large for just a CD case with SD cards in it) and to my and the drivers surprise all it contained was the inflatable packing material and nothing else! :evil:

What a crock, is Pioneer that lame as to send a shipment without the product?

I handed back to UPS and told them I refuse delivery and return packing material back to Pioneer.

I have also left voice mail and sent email, with of course no reply.

If you have the 3.01 version from x series, my guess is your going to have to go back to 2.006 or earlier for the flash to work.

Obviously the update was designed to recognize a legit version to update from. if its not there it will prob just boot up as normal. I made a copy of 2.006 just before i copied over the x series flash disk. It is amazing how well that worked, don't think pioneer thought of that one. Guess even if they did how would they prevent it anyway?

Also, one would assume once someone has done the flash, a backup of the drive may be possible. Unless of course they some how made it only work on your particular unit when its activiated.

guess we will find out soon enough, i will be happy to post my flash drive once the update is done, just to see if it will work.

Hey guys.. I was wondering are we going to need a password from off the unit to install the new maps? I had this installed at a shop, so I wouldn't have a clue as to how to pull it out or what. Any clarification on this would really help. :D

NO! You will follow the instructions and after SD#1 there is a (device number) that your unit will give you.

Write that down and go online to get your password. That's it!!!