AVIC411.com

IDT skin#1 v5.5 03/02/10 9download link to be updated)

Hi, I am a newb! I got a few questions. Right now all I have is the Red Theme as far as hacks are concerned. I have the original firmware, I believe it is 2.0.

1) Is this hack for version 3.0 or will it work on my 2,0 firmware?

2) Do I need just the three files as there are so many, IDT_3.0v4.3_EU, IDT_3.0v4.3_MSN, IDT_3.0v4.3

3) Will this mess up my Red Theme?

Sorry, these are probably stupid questions, but 68 pages is too much to read, Thanks, Andy

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi IDT.Regarding reboot and speed cameras.Yesterday I did a journey of about 70 miles.Once during the trip the unit suddenly went onto the start up screen and remained there for ages.Funny thing though it continued to give verbal instructions for the route.Then without me touching a thing it started working ok and was fine for the rest of the journey.Thanks again for the mod it is truly awesome.

Hi, I am a newb! I got a few questions. Right now all I have is the Red Theme as far as hacks are concerned. I have the original firmware, I believe it is 2.0.

1) Is this hack for version 3.0 or will it work on my 2,0 firmware?

2) Do I need just the three files as there are so many, IDT_3.0v4.3_EU, IDT_3.0v4.3_MSN, IDT_3.0v4.3

3) Will this mess up my Red Theme?

Sorry, these are probably stupid questions, but 68 pages is too much to read, Thanks, Andy

1)this for the three

2)EU is for European users, MSN is for those who has MSN and the other one is for regular users (F700)

3)yes

Thanks, that was perfect.

Now what I am looking for is how to change the following:

1. When you have a route, at the bottom of the screen it will show how long it estimates it will take to get to the destination. I would like to change this to show the estimated time of arrival instead. I know the variable to use (textmodel_time="navigation.eta_at_destination"), but I cannot find where to make the change to use this instead.

2. I would like to change the elevation to show feet instead of miles. Is this possible?

Thanks again...

--Dave

you could change it on the displayed info setting

Thanks.

That took care of the ETA, but what about the Elevation? Is there a way to show feet instead of miles?

Thanks, that was perfect.

Now what I am looking for is how to change the following:

1. When you have a route, at the bottom of the screen it will show how long it estimates it will take to get to the destination. I would like to change this to show the estimated time of arrival instead. I know the variable to use (textmodel_time="navigation.eta_at_destination"), but I cannot find where to make the change to use this instead.

2. I would like to change the elevation to show feet instead of miles. Is this possible?

Thanks again...

--Dave

you could change it on the displayed info setting

Thanks.

That took care of the ETA, but what about the Elevation? Is there a way to show feet instead of miles?

i'm working on it,

quick question, what do i need to use schemes located on dpdurst mod page, that wont effect your mod. i see the gfx and sys.txt file?

bmps on the gfx folder, check the color.ini and/or color3d.ini in the scheme and look for these,

[other]
texture="gfx/day/texture.spr"
sun="gfx/day/sun.spr"
sky="gfx/day/sky.spr"
heightcolormap="$skin$/common/dayheightcolormap.bmp"
background_picture_0="gfx/day/sky.bmp" 
sun_picture_0 = "gfx/day/sun.bmp"

whatever bmp is being referenced on this part of the scheme you should have that on your gfx folder,

Thanks for the quick reply IDT RE: dpdurst 3.0 mod1.2 . Installed GFX in GFX folder,Schemes in Scheme folder, the unit starts ok and runs ok until I try to make a change in Monitor colors then I get a Message

(Failed to open files: "UI_IGO8/common/dayheightcolormap.bmp" exiting application.)

That note stays on map screen until I clear all files from the SAVE folder except favorites.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks again for your help.

This is what i did that suited me.

by adding this code into navigatemap_800_480.ini

;Time on blank screen

;DATE

[attachment=0]ScreenHunter_01 Sep. 18 10.16.gif[/attachment]

i just added this and i keep getting stuck at the startup. i also added the file in the navigate.ui file and it wont work. is there something else i need to add?