AVIC411.com

IDT skin#1 v5.5 03/02/10 9download link to be updated)

Again, great mod and an excellent update. It really brings functionality to the unit.

I wouldn't presume to ask for custom changes but I do have a function issue. Sine I originally installed your 3.0 beta and each following update (including today) my elevation reads 0.2 mi. On the GPS signal statues screen I get actual elevation (1108 ft.) but on map, nav, trip screens it always 0.2 mi. Any thoughts?

And one generic question, can I install 3.01 from Pioneer over your mods? Will I be able to at all? Will it delete your mods? If so can I just re-instal your newest version?

Thanks again for your help and improving AVIC's everywhere.

Vic

this is something i'm still looking into,

regarding 3.01 i'm not sure on how important that update is, AFAIK if you do the 3.01 everything will be deleted and you'll have to install the hacks again, other than that i don't have any ideas as i'm running 3.0

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem or not ?

I do not know if it's a real problem, but the EU version when I made a navigation with destination and I click on the window of speed, window-board computer does not open properly. Only the button "out" and "pause" to appear.

Another thing, when there is a radar warning and I click on the large window, the little icon opens but I can not revert to standard mode? Finally, when I made a long and supports the standard windows warning radar, the mute function is not activated?

the current speed is not designed to show up when you have a route so i don't know how you made it,

for the speed camera warning box functionality, i will still to work on the displaying back and reverting of the sounds,

thank you for your reply.

For display of speed in navigation mode, I changed the parameter to "gps.valid". With my settings in your other mod version of the window-board computer on the left appears correctly, but it does not matter.

I just did this mod, upgrade from the previous mod, the icons along the top haven't changed, no favourite button, although the new mods are there, the option for fading the icons and text colour change.

I'd like the fav icon displayed but i don't want to loose the TMC icon, would it be possible to change the screen off icon for the fav icon, thereby still keep the TMC ?

Thanks IDT, paypal coming to you soon.

Paul.

I also like the Favourites. I would be happy to loose either the day/night or the Screen off icon to have it.

>IDT, I was trying to see if I could do this myself without bothering you yet again. I had a look at ui_pioneer\800_480\ui\navigatemap_800_480.ui and could see that the line for the favourites icon exist but is commented out. So I tried commenting out the day/night icon lines and activating the favourites line and change the location to be the same as the day/night. Sadly I get a FFUI ERR box pop up about unknown object identifier in script "sc_Navi_MenuAlphaRestore" command 5, so I guess it is more complicated than that (seemed to good to be true!). It did actually all work OK after ticking OK on the error box, but I get the same error everytime I startup.

checj your navigatemap.ui and comment out the btnNMB_changescheme , and then uncomment btnNMB_favourites_onmap and chane its x value to the x values of the day/night scheme

Actually I've managed to come up with another solution. By playing around with the x values for the existing icons, I've squeezed them a bit closer together to make a space for the Favourites, so I can have that as well as all of the existing options. It all works great except if I set the icons to fade down, the Favourites one doesn't fade with the others. Not a big problem, but if it is another one-line change that I can do I would do it just to get it 100%.

The rest of it is all working perfectly. Great work. Thanks again.

Hi IDT.Wonder if you can help me here.Installed latest update(4.9 eu) and realised no speed cameras showing on map.In the speedcam folder showed 2 folders but zero bites.Checked this against mt v2 flashdisc back up which showed 2 files 1.2 mb.So i copied these 2 files into my v3 folder.After a very long start up,the speed cameras showed on the map so i thought i had sorted it.Not so.When i searched for poi's the nav rebooted.Again a very long wait time and no start up image.Anyway,i have deleted the 2 v2 files from the speedcam folder(in apl2/igo/contents) and all seems ok again.That still leaves me with no speed cams again.Thanks for all your support.

i think the speedcam file you have is too big. try downloading it from here and load it to your unit http://speedcamerapoi.com/download.php, let me know how it goes

Yes that was it.Thanks as always. :)

Hi IDT.Wonder if you can help me here.Installed latest update(4.9 eu) and realised no speed cameras showing on map.In the speedcam folder showed 2 folders but zero bites.Checked this against mt v2 flashdisc back up which showed 2 files 1.2 mb.So i copied these 2 files into my v3 folder.After a very long start up,the speed cameras showed on the map so i thought i had sorted it.Not so.When i searched for poi's the nav rebooted.Again a very long wait time and no start up image.Anyway,i have deleted the 2 v2 files from the speedcam folder(in apl2/igo/contents) and all seems ok again.That still leaves me with no speed cams again.Thanks for all your support.

i think the speedcam file you have is too big. try downloading it from here and load it to your unit http://speedcamerapoi.com/download.php, let me know how it goes

Yes that was it.Thanks as always. :)

no prob

In the next version of the mod, it would be possible to add an option to disable the speedcam mobile alerts?

i already removed that option on this mod

The speed cam alerts settings seem to be a bit of a headache. IDT says it is a very complicated part of the firmware, and it is not easy to decide the best way I would like it to work even if the programming of it was easy.

I know I want to be warned in the unlikely event of approaching a fixed speed camera at over the limit, but I don't want to be warned for the majority of the time when I pass one at or under it. That is OK as I can turn off voice warnings and set up the beep for over limit only. Ideally, I would prefer a voice warning with the speed limit mentioned rather than a beep, but I believe that is very difficult to achieve.

The mobile camera situation is different. Here in the UK they are often over Motorways or Dual carriageways where I could well be slighly over the limit as (like most people) I cruise at over 70 on a these when it is clear. So I don't want a warning in those cases as there are so many in-active locations that it would become very irritating. I also understand that they set the bar quite high on those so that unless you are over 80 mph they don't bother.

I have decided that my solution is to remove the mobile cameras (type 5) completely from my speedcam database. There are so many false alarms with them and, while I might miss seeing a fixed speed camera hidden behind a roadsign, I reckon if I don't spot a big white camera van, I probably shouldn't be driving anyway!

I would prefer a voice warning with the speed limit mentioned rather than a beep, but I believe that is very difficult to achieve.

when i thought about it if ever i make a voice warning option when over the speedlimit it will behave strangely that you'll hear it over and over again overlapping each other, so let's your over the speedlimit what it'll do is call the spoken warning and announce it but after the first word is announce it will announce it again and after the first word on the 2nd announcement is not even done it will announce it again and will only stop when you stick to the speedlimit

The mobile camera situation is different. Here in the UK they are often over Motorways or Dual carriageways where I could well be slighly over the limit as (like most people) I cruise at over 70 on a these when it is clear. So I don't want a warning in those cases as there are so many in-active locations that it would become very irritating. I also understand that they set the bar quite high on those so that unless you are over 80 mph they don't bother.

I have decided that my solution is to remove the mobile cameras (type 5) completely from my speedcam database. There are so many false alarms with them and, while I might miss seeing a fixed speed camera hidden behind a roadsign, I reckon if I don't spot a big white camera van, I probably shouldn't be driving anyway!

so you're saying that even if the warning beeps are turned off there's still a moobile beep, could yo uplease calrify as this would be a bug,