AVIC411.com

IDT skin#1 v5.5 03/02/10 9download link to be updated)

Just trying to figure out what it means when I am on the expressway and the road will be yellow and have a blinking black line directly over the road.

Also sometimes I will see a little yellow circle with a number inside it like 30 or 40. My wife and I really like this update, but we were just trying to figure out a few things while in my car today.

I think she now wants to take my radio for her car.

Is there any kind of manual that will inform me of all the nuances of this update?

Any help appreciated.

the blinking light i think would be MSN or TMC, check the units manual regarding that as my unit doesn't have MSN or TMC,

regarding the manual for this mod, a fellow member (terron) was kind enough to create a manual for it, he's still wroking on it so just check every once in a while to see if it's up,

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just trying to figure out what it means when I am on the expressway and the road will be yellow and have a blinking black line directly over the road.

Also sometimes I will see a little yellow circle with a number inside it like 30 or 40. My wife and I really like this update, but we were just trying to figure out a few things while in my car today.

I think she now wants to take my radio for her car.

Is there any kind of manual that will inform me of all the nuances of this update?

Any help appreciated.

the blinking light i think would be MSN or TMC, check the units manual regarding that as my unit doesn't have MSN or TMC,

regarding the manual for this mod, a fellow member (terron) was kind enough to create a manual for it, he's still wroking on it so just check every once in a while to see if it's up,

Dare I say, its done (until someone comes up with something wrong or missing). I will upload it tomorrow.

**IT'S MANDATORY TO DELETE THE SAVE FILES, it's in My Flash Disk\USER\UserData\iGo\save, everything should be deleted except for favourites.dat if you have it

I followed these instructions and now my unit is stuck at "System Startup in Progress. Please Wait"

When I followed the instructions above, I deleted 2 subfolders in the igo\save folder. Would that have caused my unit to hang on startup? Can I just recreate them? If so what were they named? TIA

**IT'S MANDATORY TO DELETE THE SAVE FILES, it's in My Flash Disk\USER\UserData\iGo\save, everything should be deleted except for favourites.dat if you have it

I followed these instructions and now my unit is stuck at "System Startup in Progress. Please Wait"

When I followed the instructions above, I deleted 2 subfolders in the igo\save folder. Would that have caused my unit to hang on startup? Can I just recreate them? If so what were they named? TIA[/quote

looks like you have deleted the wrong save folder.The one you should have deleted is at the root of my flash drive.ie my flash drive/user/userdata/igo/save which is exactly as IDT quoted.You seem to have gone into the IGO directory and deleted a couple of vital files.Did you make a back up of your drive before attempting the mod(of course you did!)If so copy the bits you deleted and try again,If not.....

looks like you have deleted the wrong save folder.The one you should have deleted is at the root of my flash drive.ie my flash drive/user/userdata/igo/save which is exactly as IDT quoted.You seem to have gone into the IGO directory and deleted a couple of vital files.Did you make a back up of your drive before attempting the mod(of course you did!)If so copy the bits you deleted and try again,If not.....

I thought so too, but I went back and triple checked and that's the folder I emptied. Of course I have a full factory backup, which I restored and then tried this update again with the same results. I'm trying to use the MSN version (tried both) and It actually reboots my unit about every 5 minutes continuously. I'm going back to an older rev and see what that gets me.

I thought so too, but I went back and triple checked and that's the folder I emptied. Of course I have a full factory backup, which I restored and then tried this update again with the same results. I'm trying to use the MSN version (tried both) and It actually reboots my unit about every 5 minutes continuously. I'm going back to an older rev and see what that gets me.

Are you sure you are using 3.0 and not 2.0? Just curious.

Firmware or IDT update? I have 2.0 Firmware, the IDT 3.0vFinal update doesn't require the new firmware does it? I read the update instructions over and over and can't see where it lists that as a requirement. I admit that I didn't read the entire 95 pages of the thread, is it hidden somewhere in a previous post?

Firmware or IDT update? I have 2.0 Firmware, the IDT 3.0vFinal update doesn't require the new firmware does it? I read the update instructions over and over and can't see where it lists that as a requirement. I admit that I didn't read the entire 95 pages of the thread, is it hidden somewhere in a previous post?

lol

You need the 3.0 firmware and updated software. If you've gotten this far, the update should be a piece of cake.

Great. Well, I guess it's not for me then since it's a big secret on where to get the 3.0 firmware. If I do manage to get the 3.0 firmware, what do you mean I need updated software? Are you referring to the IDT 3.0, or something else?

he means the 3.0 software, the name "IDT 3.0" just refers to my mod for 3.0 firmware, search the thread and you'll find links on where to get the hacked firmware, if you really want to try my mod and are still using the 2.0 firmware you could try using the mod i have for 2.0 on this link http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=22695&start=0

Great. Well, I guess it's not for me then since it's a big secret on where to get the 3.0 firmware. If I do manage to get the 3.0 firmware, what do you mean I need updated software? Are you referring to the IDT 3.0, or something else?

It isn't a big secret, there are no less than three threads in the hacks subforum that detail where and how to make the update. And it is TOTALLY worth it, the unit is absolutely light years faster than 2.0 and IDTs mod makes much better use of the navi screen than before.

he means the 3.0 software, the name "IDT 3.0" just refers to my mod for 3.0 firmware, search the thread and you'll find links on where to get the hacked firmware, if you really want to try my mod and are still using the 2.0 firmware you could try using the mod i have for 2.0 on this link http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=22695&start=0

Thanks. That's what I went back when I realized that you latest mods all require 3.0 firmware. I've been using you mods for a while now, and I even sent you some Paypal a while back because I like them so much.

It isn't a big secret, there are no less than three threads in the hacks subforum that detail where and how to make the update. And it is TOTALLY worth it, the unit is absolutely light years faster than 2.0 and IDTs mod makes much better use of the navi screen than before.

Can you point me to one that you know is working, because I have tried several and nothing is currently working to get this done.

Thanks. That's what I went back when I realized that you latest mods all require 3.0 firmware. I've been using you mods for a while now, and I even sent you some Paypal a while back because I like them so much.

glad you liked it

Can you point me to one that you know is working, because I have tried several and nothing is currently working to get this done.

i think someones requesting for a hosting for it, if i find a place that can host a file that big i'll let you know

glad you liked it

i think someones requesting for a hosting for it, if i find a place that can host a file that big i'll let you know

I'm hosting the file but only giving out the link to individuals, rather than putting it out in the open because I don't want to put my ISP through enough traffic to get bandwidth charges. If an individual requests it it, I can give them the link and they can download it.