AVIC411.com

IDT skin#1 v5.5 03/02/10 9download link to be updated)

Wow !!! Theres so many options !! Will figure out what does what, and so.... At the beginning, i wasn't sure if just copying the DATA.ZIP file in the igo folder would work, but i had to copy the entire files (unzipped) in the igo folder.. Reboot.. et voilĂ  !! Great interface ! Many thanks !!!!!!!!!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having a weekend of IDT 3.0 V1, I'm stoked.

I'm not sure if I've hit a known speed or redlight cam yet as I haven't had a warning, but I'll print a list of known locations and go hunting this week.

Here's my $0.02 - I reckon some of my comments might be MOD related, some might be AVIC.

3D Map Screen: Zoom Preferences are not remembered. If I zoom in, switch screens then return to the map, I'm zoomed back out. My factory 2.0 maps showed streen names much further ahead of time. Even zoomed in, I don't see a street name until I'm almost on top of it.

Contact Info: No contact recognition on incoming calls or outgoing calls placed from my iPhone (much easier dialing from my phone than navigating through hundreds of names in AVIC). Does anyone else have this issue? Do most people get caller ID for incoming calls?

Compass: As already commented on, the compass is too high for me to see with my factory location.

Beer money is on it's way Julius.

Thanks for all the incredible work!

Wow !!! Theres so many options !! Will figure out what does what, and so.... At the beginning, i wasn't sure if just copying the DATA.ZIP file in the igo folder would work, but i had to copy the entire files (unzipped) in the igo folder.. Reboot.. et voilĂ  !! Great interface ! Many thanks !!!!!!!!!

no prob

Having a weekend of IDT 3.0 V1, I'm stoked.

I'm not sure if I've hit a known speed or redlight cam yet as I haven't had a warning, but I'll print a list of known locations and go hunting this week.

Here's my $0.02 - I reckon some of my comments might be MOD related, some might be AVIC.

3D Map Screen: Zoom Preferences are not remembered. If I zoom in, switch screens then return to the map, I'm zoomed back out. My factory 2.0 maps showed streen names much further ahead of time. Even zoomed in, I don't see a street name until I'm almost on top of it.

Contact Info: No contact recognition on incoming calls or outgoing calls placed from my iPhone (much easier dialing from my phone than navigating through hundreds of names in AVIC). Does anyone else have this issue? Do most people get caller ID for incoming calls?

Compass: As already commented on, the compass is too high for me to see with my factory location.

Beer money is on it's way Julius.

Thanks for all the incredible work!

3D mapscreen: do you have your smart zoom on or off? if it's on try turning it off and let me know if that fixes it,

Contact Info: this is part is not handled by the navigation so i won't be able to help you with this,

compass: i'll find a better location for it,

thanks for the beer money

Got a question for ya IDT. Who is responsible for the implementation of the "Can't make a left/right turn" sign that appears on the right side of the unit? I am guessing that is is a function of the iGO software implementation than your mod. I am wondering because I have run into quite a few situations where it is completely wrong and is more a distraction than help. Is there a way to remove that? Thanks.

Got a question for ya IDT. Who is responsible for the implementation of the "Can't make a left/right turn" sign that appears on the right side of the unit? I am guessing that is is a function of the iGO software implementation than your mod. I am wondering because I have run into quite a few situations where it is completely wrong and is more a distraction than help. Is there a way to remove that? Thanks.

Funny you should mention the turn restrictions. I updated to 3.01 Thursday evening and have been adding back some mods. This one I added it into my mod over the weekend and it's very unreliable. No where near the accuracy of the previous map files. I was going down a street in Chicago today that every other street is an opposite no left/no right turn street. The display kept telling no left turn on virtually every street for about a mile stretch.

Just comment out the code in the navigatmap800_480 ui file. It should have a reference to turn restrictions in the code.

Funny you should mention the turn restrictions. I updated to 3.01 Thursday evening and have been adding back some mods. This one I added it into my mod over the weekend and it's very unreliable. No where near the accuracy of the previous map files. I was going down a street in Chicago today that every other street is an opposite no left/no right turn street. The display kept telling no left turn on virtually every street for about a mile stretch.

Just comment out the code in the navigatmap800_480 ui file. It should have a reference to turn restrictions in the code.

Interesting. I was driving in Portland OR today and noticed every one way street was showing a turn restriction in the wrong direction from the actual restriction. I tried commenting out that code but got a recoverable error on boot up saying something like the script was undefined. I went ahead a modified the turnrestriction.bmp to swap the left and right no-turn signs. Will have to do some more driving to see if this works better in my area.

Interesting. I was driving in Portland OR today and noticed every one way street was showing a turn restriction in the wrong direction from the actual restriction. I tried commenting out that code but got a recoverable error on boot up saying something like the script was undefined. I went ahead a modified the turnrestriction.bmp to swap the left and right no-turn signs. Will have to do some more driving to see if this works better in my area.[/quote

Check the navigatemap ui in the common folder. Not sure how IDT enabled his. He may need to help disable it.

I am from Canada and its so funny that i just noticed that exact same No Left Turn sign and wondered as well if it was part of the version 3.0 or your MOD. But I interpreted the sign as No Left Turn on Red Light rather than a no left turn ever because i thought i saw a Red light under the Arrow, but i might be mistaken. Have to go back to that intersection and and pay closer attention. :lol:

I had the same thing happen in Chicago this past weekend. Thought I was going crazy! Of course it didnt stop me from turning either :)