AVIC411.com

IDT skin#1 v5.5 03/02/10 9download link to be updated)

Hey IDT,

Just wanted to report that I experienced the reboot problem again with your latest 4.9 version. I did have the speedcam option enabled with all the speedcam coordinates loaded. It was working fine in 3d mode, but when I switched to 2d and clicked on the area with the speedcam, the constant reboot problem appeared. I don't know if it's worth mentioning, but I also switched the speedcam alert from full to simple, then back to full prior to the reboots.

i just checked and i'm not having any problems with it, could you try reloading the mod,

anyone else having this problem?

I've reloaded it and it is working again. I'll try to find the exact steps to replicate the problem and report back to you. Hopefully, it is not just me that's having this problem.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey IDT,

Just wanted to report that I experienced the reboot problem again with your latest 4.9 version. I did have the speedcam option enabled with all the speedcam coordinates loaded. It was working fine in 3d mode, but when I switched to 2d and clicked on the area with the speedcam, the constant reboot problem appeared. I don't know if it's worth mentioning, but I also switched the speedcam alert from full to simple, then back to full prior to the reboots.

i just checked and i'm not having any problems with it, could you try reloading the mod,

anyone else having this problem?

I've reloaded it and it is working again. I'll try to find the exact steps to replicate the problem and report back to you. Hopefully, it is not just me that's having this problem.

please do,

FINAL UPDATE

-navigation progress bar,

-on/off setting for navigation progress bar

-for MSN and TMC users i was able to fit the favourites button on the shortcuts

-beep warning slider

this would be the last version, i think that all i need is already here and i'm pretty happy where it's sitting right now,

as far as bugs, i will still update it if someone finds any, i have devoted so much time on this skin and i'm seriously happy with what i achieved, thanks to BORISM, N-S-E-W, andr2000, keeper22, all users that volunteered to test it,

i'm going to be working on another skin so expect a release soon,

there are 6 versions of this final mod, 2 for the regular users, 2 for MSN users and 2 for TMC users,

the reason i created two for each is because of the unit setting varying from different locations (setting a speed camera), so if the first one doesn't work for you then use the one with the alternate at the end of the filename

1) first off this is not an auto installer,

2)extract files and transfer all files to a freshly formatted SD card (for F500 users, you have to edit the device type part first to reflect the device type of the F500 before transfering it to the SD)

3)this already has testmode file so no need to add anything else

4)insert SD to unit,

5)boot up unit

***if this is your first time,PLEASE BACK UP YOUR FILES

6) copy DATA.ZIP, SYS.TXT, and DS-DIGI file to igo folder

7) to add a different scheme, add the contents of scheme folder to MYFLASHDISK\APL2\IGO\CONTENT\SCHEME

**IT'S MANDATORY TO DELETE THE SAVE FILES, it's in My Flash Disk\USER\UserData\iGo\save, everything should be deleted except for favourites.dat if you have it

8) once done copying turn off the unit, remove sd card and then turn unit on,

any comments, suggestions, requests are welcome, anyone who wants to be a tester for upcoming mods please send me a PM,i need more than one set of eyes to get this thing going

any donations thru paypal are very much appreciated juliusniiya@yahoo.com

DOWNLOAD LINK http://www.4shared.com/dir/21077539/1fe9d17d/sharing.html

CHANGE LOG

Aug 4/09 v1

-screen off

-quick day/night scheme button

-Address shortcut button

-poi shortcut button

-gps signal button

-navi setting button

-return home button

-route info button when with a route

-itenerary button when with a route

-navigation guidance mute button

-delete route button

-simulation controls

-speedcam

-speedcam voice

-speedcam mute/hide

-road sign setting (for turn restriction and speed limit sign)

-8.3 style direction icon

-changed route function lay out

-MSN button for MSN users

Aug 8/09 v2

-multi-route

-trip computer

-road blocking

-manage screen

-snap to road option

-building setting

-fading shortcuts

-plan mode screen

-some other stuffs i can't remember

Aug 21/09 v3

-tripcomputer onscreen by pressing the current speed)

-multidraw on long click of multiplan button

-cosmetic fixes

-fixed return home bug

-fixed calling from poi screen

-removed gps button and replaced with favourites button

-fixed a whole other stuff that i can't remember

Aug 23/09 v3.1

-poi onmap onrelease will go to search by name and onlongclick will bring you to poi search screen

-included in the download is a bunch of schemes, i edited the scheme to have different colors for the multidraw screen including the edited stock pioneer schemes

-if you want different sky on your nav just replace sky.bmp on GFX/DAY and GFX/NIGHT on the data.zip

Aug 28/09 v3.5

----version made specially for EU users

-UK style speedlimit sign

-housenumbers were reversed for EU users

-TMC shortcut

-sys.txt already fixed to reflect the device type and TMC icons

----signpost on/off setting

----fixed scheme button

----history shortcut onlongclick of the address button

----added a ROAD SIGN settings page for speedlimit sign, sign post, turn restriction

----i don't know if you guys noticed that the software bypass was already included since v2 and i just kept forgetting to mention it,

----there's a couple other stuff that i can't remember

Sep 1/09 v4 BETA

-----return button on plan mode screen onlongclick will return to map screen

-----added elevation sign on map screen

-----on/off setting for elevation sign

-----added lane guidance option

-----on/off setting for lane guidance

-----reduced the size of the signpost

-----when signpost and speed camera are valid, speed camera warning box hides and a simple speed camera warning sign shows

-----more visible route information

Sep 10/09 v4.3

-added a custom audible alert (this is now where you select the spoken alert setting)

-added speedcam spoken alert volume slider

-added beep warning distance

-when adding a speedcamera instead of having the kph on top of the mph speed i just had it to display appropriate units depending on your regional unit

-fixed time and date color

-map color shortcut onlongclick of day/night scheme button

-moved lane guidance to the right

-added zoom control button on planmode screen

-fixed problem with the speedcamera warning box not showing up (from v4 BETA)

-schemes that are attached to the download were all edited to include clip_plane part

-added housenumber background for better visibility

-fixed roundabout number not being centered

-navigation cruise page when time/compass area is pressed (onrelease=simple and onlongclick=advanced) extracted from gj skin

October 1/09 v4.9

-fixed speedcamera reboot problem

-added an option on how you want the speed camera warning to display (Full or Simple)

-when the speedcamera warning box is pressed it reverts to the simple camera mode, onlongclick mutes all the speedcamera warnings and goes to simple mode

-spoken alert changed to female voice (the male alert files were the ones causing reboot)

-removed a couple speed camera settings that i found not usefull

-fixed audible warning not saving upon reboot

-added a custom setting button on the navi setting screen

-added an option for the fading buttons

-added a navigation text color setting (for the streetnames, next streetname, distance etc, also controls the time and date color)

-there's a couple more stuff that i did that i can't remember

-currently i haven't found a way for the elevation to display feet on all unit settings,

-still working on the signpost covering the speedcamera warning box

to change the 3D arrow to a car model download the 3DCars.rar file on the download link provided and extract it

and you have to edit the sys.txt

change the current values of this

3dcarsizemin=2500 
3dcarsizemax=5000 
3dcarsizemul=15000 

to this

3dcarsizemin=5000 
3dcarsizemax=8000 
3dcarsizemul=30000 

and add this part to the [3D] section

car_day=hot_rod_red.mdl  
car_night=hot_rod_red.mdl
ghost_day=hot_rod_red.mdl
ghost_night=hot_rod_red.mdl

you now have to transfer the desired carmodel and tex file to the gfx folder in the data.zip and change the names of the above code to your selected car model name, i haven't tested every car model out as i already like the hot_rod car, but it's just a trial and error thing

October 10/09 FINAL

-navigation progress bar,

-on/off setting for navigation progress bar

-for MSN and TMC users i was able to fit the favourites button on the shortcuts

-beep warning slider