AVIC411.com

Official 3.x Firmware Opinion/Results Thread

I got the update from the pioneer webite...seems that there is a free version for canadians only... no idea what could be different from the us ver.

Update was simple from the web directions. However the version number does not seem to be updated

I notice the same improvements as others mentoned

The bluetooth works though when I pressed hangup on the screen It appeared to work, but the phone didn't actually hang up will have to keep an eye on this as it could be costly.

Slow load time on sd card and problems with flash drive have not been fixed.

It does not appear that any new or updated maps were included

Thats version 2.006.

This is the 3.0 version for $75

http://www.pioneerelectronics.ca/POCEN/Shop/Navigation/Upgrade+Discs/ci.CNSD-100FM.Shop

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the update from the pioneer webite...seems that there is a free version for canadians only... no idea what could be different from the us ver.

Update was simple from the web directions. However the version number does not seem to be updated

The bluetooth works though when I pressed hangup on the screen It appeared to work, but the phone didn't actually hang up will have to keep an eye on this as it could be costly.

Thats version 2.006.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.ca/POCEN/Shop/Navigation/Upgrade+Discs/ci.CNSD-100FM.Shop

Thats version 2.006.

I've been using the 3.0 upgrade for about 2 weeks nowin my F90bt.

Pros:

Radio is almost instant after startup.

Maps look better and the sign board is very helpful.

MSN Direct 100 times better than before.

Cons:

If I get a phone call while connect by BT the screen will revert back to maps which is very annoying.

BT still takes forever to connect. I could a mile away from where I started and the BT still won't be connected.

Over all I am pleased with the upgrade, and now might actually keep my F90bt in my daily driver rather than my weekend car.

updated to 3.0 on saturday. start to finish it took 53 minutes and went smoothly. No hangups, reboots or anything like that.

Initial impressions, by no means scientific.

boot up is faster, probably by about 10 seconds

button response is marginally quicker

map rendering seems smoother, but i havent played with the zoom and everything yet

signboards work well, pathing seems the same but i havent really gone anywhere yet

yet to test:

ipod function

bluetooth sound quality (connection seems about the same amount of time)

harder route for the navi, all been highway so far.

still annoying:

sirius screen only displays 1 line (is there a hack to make it display artist and title?)

sirius presets still say "preset 1" "preset 2" etc. rather than station

I just finished my upgrade to the official 3.0. I had previously dont the Avic X 3.0 upgrade on my F90BT. Had a hell of a time making the official SD cards work. Tried replacing the LPUE080*.HTM files to my original 2.0 versions, didnt work. Then replaced the LPUE080*.VER files as well, still no go. Finally I took an SD card with original 2.0 on it, and went into service mode and "upgraded WinCE (with format)" to the 2.0 version. Didnt install anything to "My Flash Disk", put in the Pioneer SD1, and restarted, and the upgrade worked great!

Only complaint is that I told the unit to SAVE my startup splash screen, and it didnt. So now I have to put it back on, but not a big deal. MSN direct update was a bit odd, as I didnt think it would work as I am not in a covered area right now, but the unit finally started the MSN upgrade and that went through without a hitch as well.

Upgrade went flawlessly (well, minus me writing down the password wrong). Not a single error.

Display looks nice, and touch response is better. Only played with it a little, and was disappointed in the SD playback. It got so bogged down that it became unresponsive to any screen touches, queueing them up, and then performed them all at once when it was ready.

Version: 3.0

Model: F700

Legitimate: Yes (Pioneer 2 sd card set from Crutchfield)

Opinion: Copying error on SD 1, failed install

Possible Improvements: Wish I had ignored the Pioneer 2.06 upgrade notice

Report:

SD 1 inserted, install starts

install failed at 94% installed

red error screen: Copying error/Storage card/LPUE080/APL2/IGO/.....speech/components/vf ....

Rebooted:

Menu screen comes up

went to system settings

System settings

Map set : None

System ..: None

didn't proceed .....

Version: 3.0

Model: F700

Legitimate: Yes (Pioneer 2 sd card set from Crutchfield)

Opinion: Copying error on SD 1, failed install

Possible Improvements: Wish I had ignored the Pioneer 2.06 upgrade notice

Report:

SD 1 inserted, install starts

install failed at 94% installed

red error screen: Copying error/Storage card/LPUE080/APL2/IGO/.....speech/components/vf ....

Rebooted:

Menu screen comes up

went to system settings

System settings

Map set : None

System ..: None

didn't proceed .....

I did the 2.06 upgrade and had no problem with 3.0. :?

I did the update CNSD-100FM on my Pioneer Premier AVIC-F90BT which I paid $60 for plus $10 shipping and tax.

I had no problems with the install but did not complete the MSN portion. Took about 35 minutes when using SD card 2.

unit seems to boot faster, better touch screen reaction time, everything seems to work better, I would recommend the upgrade to anyone who has not yet upgraded. The F90BT is more what I wanted when I first purchased it.

Just wanted to add my two cents, since some people reported problems, I was expecting some but they never happened.

Thanks

Pioneer :D

F700BT. Never installed any hacks prior to the update. Installed 3.0 about 2 weeks ago.

Installed failed twice at about 96% & 98%, but hitting the button continued the install. No further install issues.

Have noticed that the USB drive I have connected to the accessory cable sometimes fails to show up, so the radio is turned off when the unit boots. Have to unplug and re-plug in the USB drive. Never had this happen before.

Bluetooth connection doesn't seem to be automatic anymore with either of our Samsung Eternities (it was before), but the Nokia N95 has no such problems. However, I can't get the N95 to transfer the entire phonebook to the unit, only one contact at a time.

Button presses are much more accurate and I get faster response. The nav is much easier to read than before. Note on the currency of the maps: a roundabout in my town that has existed less than 6 months correctly shows up on the maps!