AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V1 - UPDATED: 12/1/09 FINAL

Hey Diaftia, this mod is awesome! I'm loving it! There is one thing that I would like to change on mine and I'm not sure how to do it so maybe you could help me out a little. I have noticed that when I open up the drop-down menu and then open a sub category, if I close the whole drop-down menu while that sub category is still open, only the first column of buttons goes away and after a few seconds the sub category goes away. I would like to make it so when I close the drop-down menu, all buttons that are currently displayed disappear instead of just the main ones. I probably don't make much sense right now because I'm pretty tired but if this does make sense, is there a way that I can do this? Thanks for the help!

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Diaftia, this mod is awesome! I'm loving it! There is one thing that I would like to change on mine and I'm not sure how to do it so maybe you could help me out a little. I have noticed that when I open up the drop-down menu and then open a sub category, if I close the whole drop-down menu while that sub category is still open, only the first column of buttons goes away and after a few seconds the sub category goes away. I would like to make it so when I close the drop-down menu, all buttons that are currently displayed disappear instead of just the main ones. I probably don't make much sense right now because I'm pretty tired but if this does make sense, is there a way that I can do this? Thanks for the help!

Hi Boots-

That is a valid bug that I should fix. I have not come across it but your description is accurate enough to reproduce. It's simple enough with the insertion of some hide statements. I will take a look at it. I am on a business trip starting tomorrow so if I get some down time I will look at it.

Thanks,

Alex

Amazing mods, my favorite by far. I think Pioneer should hire some of you lot on. Thanks to all who contributed!

I read back a few pages and didn't see anything about this, so I hope I'm not repeating anything but...

The screen off/power button by the trip computer (TC doesn't work at all for me btw, looks cool though)... Anyway to make that function like the "screen off" option under the nav -> settings? The clock is nice for some I'm sure, but I'd trade it in for a proper dark screen if I knew how. The backlight makes the black look so grey, even when turned down all the way.

If anyone has time for a noob, I'd be grateful of course. =D

Amazing mods, my favorite by far. I think Pioneer should hire some of you lot on. Thanks to all who contributed!

I read back a few pages and didn't see anything about this, so I hope I'm not repeating anything but...

The screen off/power button by the trip computer (TC doesn't work at all for me btw, looks cool though)... Anyway to make that function like the "screen off" option under the nav -> settings? The clock is nice for some I'm sure, but I'd trade it in for a proper dark screen if I knew how. The backlight makes the black look so grey, even when turned down all the way.

If anyone has time for a noob, I'd be grateful of course. =D

Hey Ezra-

I have done some reading on this from other threads. It seems as though that functionality is not accessable from the nav software. Think of it as there are two pieces of software on these units (3 if you include the OS) that cannot really interoperate. That function is on the Pioneer side and not accessable via the iGo side. If someone has a way to do this I would be happy to change it it as I already have a clock in my car.

Thanks,

Alex

Hi Boots-

That is a valid bug that I should fix. I have not come across it but your description is accurate enough to reproduce. It's simple enough with the insertion of some hide statements. I will take a look at it. I am on a business trip starting tomorrow so if I get some down time I will look at it.

Thanks,

Alex

Sounds good, have a good trip!

Had 30 minutes or so to take a look at this just now. New compass and quick menu fix:

9/2/09

1. Changed compass to a larger one so that selecting a different map view is a bit easier. Used the IDT compass.

2. Fixed bug where shrinking the quick menu without selecting a function from one of the expandable menus would make it so the menu collapsed but the expanded menu would still be showing.

post-26802-12872758877421_thumb.jpg

Had 30 minutes or so to take a look at this just now. New compass and quick menu fix:

9/2/09

1. Changed compass to a larger one so that selecting a different map view is a bit easier. Used the IDT compass.

2. Fixed bug where shrinking the quick menu without selecting a function from one of the expandable menus would make it so the menu collapsed but the expanded menu would still be showing.

You are the man. Thanks a lot bro!

Man, I love this mod. My favorite thing by far is that the second direction line actually tells you how far after the up coming direction the one after is, and not how far from where you are. This has been one of the only things I hated about the unit. Thank you!

Would it be possible to have the elevation while in route be another selectable option under "map display", giving three displayable choices? It was that way with another mod I was using on 2.0 but I'm not sure how to implement it. I don't really have a use for elevation.

Thank you for the fantastic mod!

FF

Man, I love this mod. My favorite thing by far is that the second direction line actually tells you how far after the up coming direction the one after is, and not how far from where you are. This has been one of the only things I hated about the unit. Thank you!

Would it be possible to have the elevation while in route be another selectable option under "map display", giving three displayable choices? It was that way with another mod I was using on 2.0 but I'm not sure how to implement it. I don't really have a use for elevation.

Thank you for the fantastic mod!

FF

Hey FF-

Its definitely something I want to look at. The original stats when routing were set to be static. So none of the info line settings in the map display settings work.

There are two configurable fields normally. There could be three. I know where to configure them to get them in the settings, the problem is linking them to what is actually displaying. Especially when the background image that is behind all that info is a fixed image.

Give me a little bit to work this one out but know that its on my radar.

Alex

Hey FF-

Its definitely something I want to look at. The original stats when routing were set to be static. So none of the info line settings in the map display settings work.

There are two configurable fields normally. There could be three. I know where to configure them to get them in the settings, the problem is linking them to what is actually displaying. Especially when the background image that is behind all that info is a fixed image.

Give me a little bit to work this one out but know that its on my radar.

Alex

Fantastic! I look forward to the improvement to an awesome mod. Thanks for all your work on this.