AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V1 - UPDATED: 12/1/09 FINAL

Hey Diaftia, very great mod!!! I use it for a few days now and I like it very much - won't miss it again!

But now I've seen, that there is a new release of it and here comes my problem:

I'm from germany, so I use a modified Version of your skin! But I don't always want to aks the guy who modded it, to do it again, if there is a new release!

Could you please post a "How-Tom" with what I have to do / change to use your mod in Germany / EU!

I (maybe) found a bug in my german version - the speedcam voice is still english and not german - is there a way to fix it? Or does it use different voices than the navigation voices? And could this speedcam voice be set a bit less noisy?

Can you tell me, where to find the pictures of the roadsigns? I would like to have the arrows on the roadsigns, that show the lane to choose, in green, not in white! (Path / Filename?)

What icon do I have to change, if I want a 3D-car instead of the arrow in 3D-mode? (Path / Filename?)

THX

Dozer

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Diaftia, very great mod!!! I use it for a few days now and I like it very much - won't miss it again!

But now I've seen, that there is a new release of it and here comes my problem:

I'm from germany, so I use a modified Version of your skin! But I don't always want to aks the guy who modded it, to do it again, if there is a new release!

Could you please post a "How-Tom" with what I have to do / change to use your mod in Germany / EU!

I (maybe) found a bug in my german version - the speedcam voice is still english and not german - is there a way to fix it? Or does it use different voices than the navigation voices? And could this speedcam voice be set a bit less noisy?

All of the audio files for the speedcam voice are in the Audio folder in the data.zip. They are the OGG files. I guess you would have to find German versions of these files. Regarding the volume of the voice, it looks like IDT has added a voice volume slider as of recently. Or at least is planning on it. I will look into it.

Can you tell me, where to find the pictures of the roadsigns? I would like to have the arrows on the roadsigns, that show the lane to choose, in green, not in white! (Path / Filename?)

In the ui_pioneer\common directory I think you want these files:

signpost_template_bg.bmp

signpost_template_border.bmp"

signpost_template_fade.bmp

What icon do I have to change, if I want a 3D-car instead of the arrow in 3D-mode? (Path / Filename?)

in the ui_pioneer\common directory you want to change daycar.bmp and nightcar.bmp to whatever images you want to use.

THX

Dozer

Sorry. You said you made an update tonight. Is it downloadable with the links related to 09/14/09? Because there is no new link in the 1st post this evening...

Thanks

I did update the links in the first post. They look the same but they are new. :) I will put an updated time on them.

Thanks,

Alex

Thank you very much for that information!

How about the changes (roadsigns / speedlimit /etc) to use the whole mod in EU / Germany?

By roadsigns I guess you mean signpost signs that show on the freeway? If so, those are the three signpost template bmp's I posted.

As far as the speedlimit, current speed and elevation bmp's those are speed.bmp, your_speed.bmp and elevation.bmp in the common folder.

From the instructions we are told what to do if we want black backgrounds (I prefer the black). To change the speedometer screen the instructions are fine. To change the Cruise Dial screen, this is what it says:

A) As with the speedial screen the background is easily customizable. Black background and OSX Aurora included as default. Open the data.zip and edit the tripdial800_400.ui file. The instructions are clearly marked for editing. Black background is included. If you want this over the Aurora then comment it out with a semicolon and and remove the semiconol from the Back backgorund line.

What it should say is: ...and edit the DestinationDial_800_480.ui.

Just thought I would let everyone (inc Alex) know.

First of all thank you very much for your hard work on this little project. You make my AVIC an amazing machine! I have a question and a request. I like to have the elevation on the screen... must be the pilot in me... anyways I live in Canada and we use KM for distance, but I know no one who uses elevation in meters! Is there any way to have the navigation to be kept in metric and have the elevation in feet???

Thanks and all your efforts are appricated!

From the instructions we are told what to do if we want black backgrounds (I prefer the black). To change the speedometer screen the instructions are fine. To change the Cruise Dial screen, this is what it says:

A) As with the speedial screen the background is easily customizable. Black background and OSX Aurora included as default. Open the data.zip and edit the tripdial800_400.ui file. The instructions are clearly marked for editing. Black background is included. If you want this over the Aurora then comment it out with a semicolon and and remove the semiconol from the Back backgorund line.

What it should say is: ...and edit the DestinationDial_800_480.ui.

Just thought I would let everyone (inc Alex) know.

Thanks Harvey- good catch. Will update the instructions.

Alex

First of all thank you very much for your hard work on this little project. You make my AVIC an amazing machine! I have a question and a request. I like to have the elevation on the screen... must be the pilot in me... anyways I live in Canada and we use KM for distance, but I know no one who uses elevation in meters! Is there any way to have the navigation to be kept in metric and have the elevation in feet???

Thanks and all your efforts are appricated!

The values are pulled from a system variable. Then (in the case of the speedo screen) there is an added unit of measurement value. All that simply does is display the unit of measurement (feet, miles; meters, kilometers). The main value is set based on the system setting. What you are asking is to make one of them static in a different measurement and I am just not sure that is possible. Someone with more skills than I can chime in here if I am wrong. It's possible there could be a value to read in a specific measurement I am not aware of.

Hello,

Just tried this last one : very fine and easy, I like this very much.

Maybe some remarks (not so important but...)

- As I'm in Europe, the only button very needed in the MSN submenu isthe TMC one. All the others are not really useful, as we don't have MSN services in Europe... May be an european version with just the TMC button in place of MSN sub menu??

- The speedcams visuals are in the background of the highway signposts, so we can't read them. I think (not sure) you're working on this, may be IDT system is not the best one, I prefer the smalls speedcams icons from the original pioneer...

- Every boot up, I have to tell the system to sound for speedcam, this setting is not memorized by the system

But except this, your mod is very good and easy to uses, thanks!

Franck

Hello,

Just tried this last one : very fine and easy, I like this very much.

Maybe some remarks (not so important but...)

- As I'm in Europe, the only button very needed in the MSN submenu isthe TMC one. All the others are not really useful, as we don't have MSN services in Europe... May be an european version with just the TMC button in place of MSN sub menu??

- The speedcams visuals are in the background of the highway signposts, so we can't read them. I think (not sure) you're working on this, may be IDT system is not the best one, I prefer the smalls speedcams icons from the original pioneer...

- Every boot up, I have to tell the system to sound for speedcam, this setting is not memorized by the system

But except this, your mod is very good and easy to uses, thanks!

Franck

Regarding the sound for speedcams do you ever mute the speedcams by touching the red alert box on the map? When that little icon shows up and you bring it back up it resets things. Just trying to get a clearer description on what is happening.

I think the speedcams need some work. I believe IDT has done some improvements and its time to update.

Thanks for the feedback I will look into them.

Alex