AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V1 - UPDATED: 12/1/09 FINAL

These mods have been replaced by version 2. I have fixed the search bug so that searching works correctly. I also went ahead and made it so that the search button from the quickmenu does a large scale search upwards of 450 miles. If you like this menu system better then feel free to use it. Otherwise the currently maintained version is located here:

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=29404

If you are getting memory errors or reboots I suggest you try version 2 and turn off illustrated text.

These mods were tested and made on a US based F90BT running 3.01. So this does have MSN in it. Feel free to remove the MSN stuff on your own if you don't want it.

I did a lot of coding on this to make additions and adaptations to what was there but the original mods are done by the following people:

Keeper, Stanislavovich, NSEW, andr2000 and myself.

This zip contains DIAFTIA's Hybrid mods all in one:

• 1. I have completely ported my mods over to another mod set. My mods now run on Stanislavovich’s, andr2000 and N-S-E-W’s mods. I have taken all of the layout from the original Keeper mods tweaked it a ton and ported them over to this new one. This has gotten rid of some of the bugs when coding that I was not able to fix not matter what I did. For example settings saving as they should when you turn off the AVIC. I have created new speed signs and elevation signs that are bigger since many people requested this. There are also added things in the settings that have been adopted to the new mods such as when and what things can be displayed. You can also click on the things like the time to destination and get the time at destination as you could in the original mod set. Also setting the top bar to show the waypoint in green or the next turn in yellow also works on the speedometer screen as well.
    2. This new release features the Stanislavovich tripcomp and Tripdial, the speedometer by Keeper, Diaftia derived from the Gurjon skin. The ported Multiroute from Diaftia and and all new quickmenu by Diaftia.
    3. Updated default schemes to support multiroute functionality rendering in different color on the map.
    4. Software bypass for those of you who haven't done a complete hardwire bypass.
    5. Branding.zip file updated by flyboyindy. This will give you icons on the map if you enable them that are the actual brands rather. For example you will get a Chevron logo at a Chevron station rather than a gas pump icon for a gas station. If you don’t want them don’t copy the file. This includes VBLUE24’s red diamond icon fix in the main config.

Here are the steps to load it... Put all of the folders/files including the testmode folder onto a freshly formatted SD card You only need to deal with 3 different folders and they are labeled on the folders themselves that the files are in.

Also make sure you have a full back up of your FLASHDISK. Really, you are going to edit a lot of files here and it will be nice to go back if you want/need to.

ONCE SD card is in and your AVIC is booted into testmode:

• 1. Click Start - Programs, Explorer then click on SD Card
    2. Click on Start Again - Programs - Explorer then click on My FlashDisk - you should now have 2 Explorer folders open in the quick start menu at the bottom of your windows screen.
    3. Using the SD card window click on the folder called Copy and Paste to APl2-iGo.
    4. Scroll your pointer over the 5 files titled "bnt.ttf", "DATA.zip", “Branding.zipâ€, “Digital.ttf†and "sys.txt" to select them all. If you want to show sky in the 3D map mode then edit out the semicolons in the [map] section of the sys.txt file before copying over to the AVIC.
    5. Go up to EDIT at the top window click COPY
    6. Go to the FLASHDISK explorer window at the bottom of the screen and open it
    7. Navigate to APL2-iGo
    8. Click EDIT at the top window and PASTE
    9. When the prompt comes up asking you if you want to change files click the option that says "YES ALL" wait for it to copy files (because you made that backup right?)
    10. Go back to your SD card explorer window hit the back button at top of the screen and then go to the folder titled "Copy and Paste in APL2-iGo-Content-Speedcam" and open it
    11. Scroll and Copy 3 files here Red_Light_Camera_us.txt, Speed_Trap.txt, and SpeedcamUpdates.spud
    12. Now switch back to your Flashdisk explorer window and now click on Content, Speedcams EDIT - PASTE - YES ALL (Really, you made that backup?)
    13. Go back to your SD card explorer window hit the back button at top of the screen and then go to the folder titled "Copy and Paste in APL2-iGo-Content-SCHEME" and open it
    14. Highlight and Copy 4 files here Pioneer_red_day.zip, Pioneer_red_night.bmp, Pioneer_blue_day.zip and Pioneer_blue_night.zip.
    15. Now switch back to your Flashdisk explorer window and navigate to My FlashDisk/APL2/iGo/Content/SCHEME. Select EDIT - PASTE - YES ALL to copy the files to the MyFlashDisk/APL2/iGo/Content/SCHEME folder.
    16. You need to delete the save files so that your settings are built fresh with these new mods. They are in “My Flash Disk\User\UserData\iGo\save. Everything should be deleted except for a favorites.dat file if you have one.
    17. Power off your ignition to turn the AVIC off.
    18. Pop out your SD CARD and then power back on to restart AVIC.

NOTE STEP 16: THIS IS A NEW SET OF MODS. You need to delete the save files so that your settings are built fresh with these new mods. They are in “My Flash Disk\User\UserData\iGo\save. Everything should be deleted except for a favorites.dat file if you have one.

I just went through Boris' post with andr2000 and Stanislavovich's comments. Here are all of the usage items relating to settings I could find. I have kept their respective quotes since it was all their provided information. I have made some changes since some of the original information did not apply due to the changes I have made:

Here's an official description of the mod:

- Cockpit design:

* Trip Computer output is not adjustable:

"destination ETA" or "current time" (if no route).

"distance to next via point" is toggle-able to time to next via point.

* Clicking Maneuver - choose/cancel detour with mute and delete route functions

* Clicking the Compass switches: "3D navigation with track up<->2D navigation with North up", 2D Standard

* Clicking the Plan Route button (via quick menu) switches to "Map" mode. Return to Cockpit mode is always possible with the "Map" hard button.

- In "Map" mode

* Button on the left displays 2D zoom presets. Save zoom adjustments with long click. Preset buttons disappear automatically after a few seconds.

* Button on the right (flags) shows/hides route planning buttons/

* Button below it displays vehicle type and route calculation method. Clicking displays method selection buttons. Those disappear automatically after a few seconds.

- In the Route menu

* Itinerary - Route description with via points -- how far and when you'll get there. From there you can visit via points on the map and select to avoid a street in a route.

* Multiplan -- only alternatives, preserving via points..

Settings features:

* "Next Info" in "Screen setting" - What to display in the upper line of the Cockpit -- next street or next via. !!! Via's NOT displayed in simulation!!!

* "Guidance superiority" in "Sound Setting" - force camera sounds off if it overlaps routing directions. There's a bug/feature in iGO 8: cameras turn route directions off, author chooses to sacrifice cameras instead.

- Camera settings:

Any camera type can be turned off separately (no yellow border). There will be neither visual nor sound warning when approaching a camera.

Custom Audio Warnings:

For every camera type you can select audio behaviour

* Off: No audio notice.

* Alarm: If not going faster than camera speed, there will be no audio alarm. If speed is within acceptable range: In 1000, 450 and 250 meters there will be one warning sound for attention. If going faster than limit + overspeed: In 1000 meters there will be a single alarm, then, starting with Alarm distance there will be constant alarm sound, increasing in frequency as you approach the camera. In 150 meters there will be last attempt to bring you to your senses. After that, warnings are useless anyway.

* Warning: If not going over camera speed: no sound. If speeding (no overspeed applied): From specified alarm distance until the camera there will be constant audio warning of the dangerous zone.

* Reminder: In 800 meters there will be a single reminder, independent of speed.

Usage samples: Alarm – Speed Camera, Warning – speed bump, Reminder – POI.

* Verification beep - Always do a single beep 150 meters before camera. Used for testing camera locations.

------

* Distance cameras (average speed?) not checked

* Diaftia added voice warnings.

Lane warning is a beep that plays when lane info changes on screen. Because lane info (stay in left two lanes etc.) does not usually prompt voice announcement but is something you want to know, this mod, and few others, add an option of having an audible warning when that information is updated. (this can make the unit beep constantly at times like when in cities)

Overview mode is the same, basically, as in factory skin -- when does the unit switch to large-scale 2D mode when there's a long distance to the next maneuver.

TMC button must be in the Destination screen. it is unhided if vBeta equal 1 or 2 (EW or AU), Please check that you do not switch on TestMode in the Regional Settings. it must be OFF.

To run any application you must copy it in any next folder

\Storage Card\Programs\

\Usb Disk\Programs\

\My Flash Disk\Programs\

and rename it into "application.exe"

it will run :-)

Re: Speedcam Warning settings:

"Full" and "On" are the standard behavior of iGo speedcam warning system. "On" warns only if you are overspeed, "Full" - forever. The way how to warn, sound etc are managed by exe and sys.txt.

"Custom" is fully mod-designed warning completely substituting standard one. In fact "custom" switch off standard speedcam warning and the mod produces own logic and mod-determined sounds.

Change Log:

10/8/09 (Pictures on page 34)

Added a no GPS Signal Icon for when GPS is turned off or no signal is detected.

Made the text larger for distance to destination and time to destination/waypoint toggle.

Made it so that distance to destination brings up itinerary

Cleaned up the text in the settings to hopefully better reflect what the secondary direction distance settings do.

FIxed the full screen cockpit to show an alternate view for people that do not like a lot of information on the navigation screen.

Changed the house numbers to follow suit with the theme of the mods.

Fixed a problem where the mute icon was not showing on the speedo screen when navigation was muted.

Fixed an issue where when the signpost was very large it would overlap a the your speed sign slightly.

10/10/09:

1. Turn restrictions toggle with default of off

2. Tilt/Zoom controls in 3D mode

3. Smart Zoom settings now include toggle for on/off

4. Signposts option of on/off/while navigating only (Stanislavovich change that he made to his last set of mods)

5. Added version with no MSN.

11/5/09 (screen shots on page 48):

• 1. Made time to destination long format for easier reading.
    2. Made next road text dual color, scrolling, bolder and shielded.
    3. Made current road text dual color, scrolling, bolder and shielded.
    4. Made header, footer and navigation info boxes transparent.
    5. Made the map, mute and cancel route buttons transparent when in route to match the transparent backgrounds.
    6. Search button in quick menu now goes straight to search and does a large scale search.
    7. Dynamic volume now does not go to 100% when set over the min speed threshold.
    8. Spoken Speed cam warning added.
    9. Fixed map centering problem in 2D mode
    10. Elevation in feet fix (file added in extra link below)

12/1/09:

Fixed search and added in large scale search

Links updated 12/1/09 @ 11:20PM

MSN Version

http://www.mediafire.com/file/3nmlfnzgt ... 2-1-09.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/315119140/D ... 2-1-09.rar

Non-MSN Version

http://www.mediafire.com/file/2nnmnt5yl ... 2-1-09.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/315120635/D ... 2-1-09.rar

If you often travel at a higher altitudes and would like to have the elevation in feet past 5280 feet (so it doesnt say 1.1mile) use this ezrider.exe (this also includes the traditional hack as well as license file for extra maps)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/j2fgwjm5t ... vation.zip

Donations:

There have been a few requests for a PayPal address for donations. Feel free to use ajgregory@me.com (thanks to all those that have offered and donated!) I wouldn't take it but my wife keeps asking me why I do all this for free and tells me that I should be spending time on things that earn cash. ;)

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice work combining all the components and re-ordering buttons/etc like that. Shuffling through all the different contributors can be time consuming/etc.

Thanks,

Ben

Thanks Ben... yeah it did take a lot of time. I spent most of the time reverse engineering your trip computer mods then you put the writeup in your thread. There was the Full screen variable that I couldn't grep because it had "TC" in it and not "trip". That helped a bunch!

Hi diaftia,

Great mod and thanks for posting! I have a quick question for you. I have a F700 so I obviously don't have MSND, I've already gone into navigatemap_800_480.ui and removed the code for the quicklaunch buttons for MSND and moved the Trip Computer buttons up, but I also wanted to move the Delete Route button when you have a route set back to where it is above the mute button in the original keeper mod. Is the code for the delete route button in navigatemap_800_480.ui as well or is it in a different ui file? Thanks in advance

Hi diaftia,

Great mod and thanks for posting! I have a quick question for you. I have a F700 so I obviously don't have MSND, I've already gone into navigatemap_800_480.ui and removed the code for the quicklaunch buttons for MSND and moved the Trip Computer buttons up, but I also wanted to move the Delete Route button when you have a route set back to where it is above the mute button in the original keeper mod. Is the code for the delete route button in navigatemap_800_480.ui as well or is it in a different ui file? Thanks in advance

nm, i think i found it.. ";Stop Nav Button" Sounds about right!

Hi diaftia,

Hey johnny-

You have the right file. Its in navigatemap_800_480.ui under ";Stop Nav Button"

Change the following line:

To this:

Looks good.

Regarding the trip computer, the trip computer will only log data when there is a gps signal. It also does not have memory so it will lose the data when shutdown and post all zeros upon boot up. When booted it will start counting in all the trip fields. We haven't figured out how to stop that from happening. The people using the F500BT model can avoid losing the data by using the standby more instead of shutting down as long as there is battery power.

On-Screen Trip Computer:

To reset trip - press the furthest left bmp titled TTL TRP TIME

If the original coding was left intact: To access the Trip Computer interface - press the bmp tltled MAX SPEED

To go back one trip - press MOVING TIME

To go forward one trip - press AVG DR SPEED

To pause the current trip - press TRIP DISTANCE

To resume current trip - press AVG SPEED

Which ever trip is showing in the TC interface is the same one that's outputted to the blue boxes on the screen.

If you want additional trip fields you can add this to your sys.txt file:

[tripcomputer]

num_of_trips=4

Just change the number 4 to whatever you want. I only tested it up to seven though. The bar under trip start time is three steps. When in trip 1 the bar is to the left side of the screen, trip 2 the bar is in the center of the sceen, trips 3 and beyond are in the furthest right position.

If the tripcomputer 800_480 file was left intact, you'll also have twoo shortcuts from the trip computer screen. Touch the time to be brought to screen to change the scheme, touch the date to go to map settings. From there you can turn on/off the on screen blue boxes.

mikeinnj had nothing to do with implementation of the trip computer or helped in any to get it activated. No need to plaster him with questions about it. Everything I know about it has been posted in a few other threads as well as this one.