AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V1 - UPDATED: 12/1/09 FINAL

Installed the mods on the F500.

Is it possible to change the speed and speed limit signs to a different location, so they would not interfere with the highway signs?

Thank you.

The signs are so big that is just about impossible. Lower left is the iPod logo when connected... along the bottom is the street info. Left side is the menu and navigation info. Nothing left. :(

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sounds like most likely it's a hardware problem or the gps antenna is picking up interference? especially since you said "My unit will show movement EVEN IF I AM STANDING STILL".

Any GPS receiver will show some movement even when standing due to accuracy errors. (There are ways to pretend you are in one spot by ignoring any movement under a certain cut-off speed, but I am not sure if AVIC does that)...

You might want to compare your SYS.TXT as well... there might be some differences there.

Its usually only when first starting and tracking to a satellite for me. It will show 1 maybe 2mph and then rest at 0mph.

I took IDT's sys.txt and made mine the same as his sans-3D map mods being commented out.

Do any of you guys that it works fine for have the VSS hooked up?

Bud,

There's definitely something else going on that's affecting the operation.

I'm attaching my trips from today so you know it does work. Yourself and diafia are still the only two reporting "issues".

The 8-17c picture is the combined of the morning and afternoon trip. I forgot to reset the start of it when I booted it this morning. I also didn't pause it when I went into standby. Notice the trip times, speeds, distance and altitudes. Nothing abnormal in any way whatsoever.

Hey N-S-E-W-

Did you happen to look over his install destructions in his thread? I assume that you have by now but I just wanted to see if you had since maybe he forgot a step? I had done a lot of reverse engineering but ultimately used his instructions to full in the gaps which could be why we are both having the problem.

My next step is to run your mods for a while and see if it happens in yours at all. If it does then maybe its something else like VSS or something. I am waiting for your newest batch of mods before I do though. ;)

Thanks,

Alex

Thanks for replying Bud. I had not had a chance to with everything going on today. This is the exact same thing I have been experiencing as well.

Maybe we got the "lemons", bro :x

All I know is ever since I upgraded to V3.01 this thing is even SLOWER not faster like everyone has said. I even did the complete upgrade twice...everything. Screen taps are SLOW. Response is SLOW. Button taps are SLOW. Boot up time is the same.....SLOW (maybe faster than the very firs AVIC's..but still slow).

All in all I am less than impressed by this unit but I hang on to it and continually f**k with it in hopes it will **miraculously** heal itself. Until such time it is better than a big, double-din void in my dash.

:)

Thanks for replying Bud. I had not had a chance to with everything going on today. This is the exact same thing I have been experiencing as well.

Maybe we got the "lemons", bro :x

All I know is ever since I upgraded to V3.01 this thing is even SLOWER not faster like everyone has said. I even did the complete upgrade twice...everything. Screen taps are SLOW. Response is SLOW. Button taps are SLOW. Boot up time is the same.....SLOW (maybe faster than the very firs AVIC's..but still slow).

All in all I am less than impressed by this unit but I hang on to it and continually f**k with it in hopes it will **miraculously** heal itself. Until such time it is better than a big, double-din void in my dash.

:)

LOL! I hear you. 3.0 actually did help for me. Did the "official" update today with the SD cards from pioneer. What I have noticed is that I think most of their speed improvements are done with cache. If I click on something for the first time its slow. Second time its pretty snappy. You are right though, some things are always slow. ;)

I have noticed that none of the street names are showing up regardless of whether or not the "show street lables" is turned on in the map settings, is anyone else having this problem? One last stupid question, is there a thread that goes into detail as to what each file is for. That would be great as I wouldnt have to keep posting my stupid questions I could try to figure it out myself first. Thx

Is it possible to change the speed and speed limit signs to a different location, so they would not interfere with the highway signs?

Thank you.

The signs are so big that is just about impossible. Lower left is the iPod logo when connected... along the bottom is the street info. Left side is the menu and navigation info. Nothing left. :(

If there is no room to move the speed signs, can we scale down the traffic signs?

Or can we limit how far the traffic signs go to the left, so they would not interfere with the speed signs?

Thank you.

If there is no room to move the speed signs, can we scale down the traffic signs?

Or can we limit how far the traffic signs go to the left, so they would not interfere with the speed signs?

The sign graphics themselves as well as all the graphics that appear on the signs, the text and any other associated images would all need to be resized. Its easier to just touch the sign to make it go away. ;)

There was a thread about it here: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=26392

Bud,

There's definitely something else going on that's affecting the operation.

I'm attaching my trips from today so you know it does work. Yourself and diafia are still the only two reporting "issues".

The 8-17c picture is the combined of the morning and afternoon trip. I forgot to reset the start of it when I booted it this morning. I also didn't pause it when I went into standby. Notice the trip times, speeds, distance and altitudes. Nothing abnormal in any way whatsoever.

Hey N-S-E-W-

Did you happen to look over his install destructions in his thread? I assume that you have by now but I just wanted to see if you had since maybe he forgot a step? I had done a lot of reverse engineering but ultimately used his instructions to full in the gaps which could be why we are both having the problem.

My next step is to run your mods for a while and see if it happens in yours at all. If it does then maybe its something else like VSS or something. I am waiting for your newest batch of mods before I do though. ;)

Thanks,

Alex

I looked at them soon after Ben posted them. All appeared in order and what I noticed I commented on. You must have seen those. I've asked both yourself and 69six??? to try his zip and see if you have the same "problems". Neither of you replied if you did. Some units just behave differently for some stupid ass Pioneer reason.

As far as my mod pack, I'm not releasing one anytime soon. I spent a lot of time on turn restrictions, plus testing Navteq maps. I will release one after I've tested it properly so if there's a question I'd be able to give an reasonable answer.

I realize you want to add to the community by throwing a bunch of mods together, but in my opinion you should have tested it a bit more before offering it out. If it was me and I was having the same issues you're reporting with the trip computer I would have never released it.

My last mod pack was just a little of mine. The basis was Yuri's. I may just wait for his and take it from there.

As far Navteq maps go, I will give them back this weekend and go back to the Teleatlas maps I bought with the upgrade. I wasn't too impressed with the features available to retain them any longer.

I looked at them soon after Ben posted them. All appeared in order and what I noticed I commented on. You must have seen those. I've asked both yourself and 69six??? to try his zip and see if you have the same "problems". Neither of you replied if you did. Some units just behave differently for some stupid ass Pioneer reason.

I must have missed that recommendation. I will go back and look and see what zip you are talking about.

As far as my mod pack, I'm not releasing one anytime soon. I spent a lot of time on turn restrictions, plus testing Navteq maps. I will release one after I've tested it properly so if there's a question I'd be able to give an reasonable answer.

I realize you want to add to the community by throwing a bunch of mods together, but in my opinion you should have tested it a bit more before offering it out. If it was me and I was having the same issues you're reporting with the trip computer I would have never released it.

For the most part I agree. I am not a coder as much as yourself and others on this board. Consider me more of a reverse-engineer/integrator. As a matter of fact this was my first attempt at editing things and making my own package. I released what I use on a daily basis. For the most part it worked fine (95%). The trip computer is what really did not work and as far as I could tell had been happening for a while since the 2.0 days (according to Bud). My assumption was it was nothing that I could fix short term. So based on that I released no different than what other people already had. I was also thinking that people would have a great set of mods, stating up front that the trip computer was not working 100% correctly, to start using.

My last mod pack was just a little of mine. The basis was Yuri's. I may just wait for his and take it from there.

I must have missed that recommendation. I will go back and look and see what zip you are talking about.

For the most part I agree. I am not a coder as much as yourself and others on this board. Consider me more of a reverse-engineer/integrator. As a matter of fact this was my first attempt at editing things and making my own package. I released what I use on a daily basis. For the most part it worked fine (95%). The trip computer is what really did not work and as far as I could tell had been happening for a while since the 2.0 days (according to Bud). My assumption was it was nothing that I could fix short term. So based on that I released no different than what other people already had. I was also thinking that people would have a great set of mods, stating up front that the trip computer was not working 100% correctly, to start using.

Fair enough. I'm no coder either. I started just like you albeit several months earlier. Go back to my early posts from December/January and see what a mess my unit was. You'll notice the blue boxes on one of my threads from January. That's how long I've been using that portion of the TC for.

The zip I was talking about trying was Ben's. IDT didn't use the blue boxes in his, but you could try that as well.

Hey N-S-E-W-

I used ben's mods on the way home today and got the 0's. Do you have your VSS hooked up? What does it do anyway if the GPS is sensin vehicle speed anyway?

The 2 fields on the lower left corner (distance to Via point, and time to destination) appear to be fixed. When I change in the menu to different choices, nothing happends.

How do I change these fields.

With the new version, the demo mode stop button is now in the middle of the screen. Is this by design?