AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V1 - UPDATED: 12/1/09 FINAL

I was on a route, and it included the 10 freeway which is a major freeway in southern California. I will try it on a longer route tonight on the way home. I know I am going to hate myself for asking this, because I have seen it before, but can't remeber how (the unit is till new to me)...how do I do a "flyover"?

I agree it *should* have the 10. Try routing to something that takes you on the 101 and do a simumate and see if it shows up. You do have the latest version updated yesterday right?

To get into simulation mode click on the top menu when in route. Then click on the second button from the right (the one with the road). Click route info then flyover. This is from memory but I am pretty sure that is right.

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am using the latest version (from page 10). I did a simulation as you pointed out and the speed limit sign showed up, even on the 10 freeway where it had not before. I am looking forward to my trip home to see how many streets show a speed limit, and if the same ones do that did prior to my 3.02 update. I saw a post where somebody didn't care for something in your mod, and your comment was that if you want changes, that is a good reason to learn how to mod things...I agree 100%. I have been playing with it over the past week or so...again, it is pretty new to my as I just installed it August 13th, and then didn't get to update it to 3.02 until the 19th due to the Pioneer server being down. I mainly played with commenting out the clock and compass, and then moved a button around, but it took a lot of reading in this forum to learn how to get to that step...something that is probably second nature to you. I like what I have seen of the mods you compilied. I don't care for the signboards (personal preference), so I changed the x value to send them off the screen. The other thing I would like to change is the size of the elevation when not in route. I know because it is printing over the bmp I can't just change the font size. I am thinking I could edit the bmp to remove the word elevation and then change the font size so it takes up the whole bmp space. Does that make sense? Just wanted to know if I was on the right track. Thanks for all your work in compling all thes mods, and if others are reading, thanks to everyone that has contributed. Unlike some who say they hate this deck, I am loving it...

I am using the latest version (from page 10). I did a simulation as you pointed out and the speed limit sign showed up, even on the 10 freeway where it had not before. I am looking forward to my trip home to see how many streets show a speed limit, and if the same ones do that did prior to my 3.02 update. I saw a post where somebody didn't care for something in your mod, and your comment was that if you want changes, that is a good reason to learn how to mod things...I agree 100%. I have been playing with it over the past week or so...again, it is pretty new to my as I just installed it August 13th, and then didn't get to update it to 3.02 until the 19th due to the Pioneer server being down. I mainly played with commenting out the clock and compass, and then moved a button around, but it took a lot of reading in this forum to learn how to get to that step...something that is probably second nature to you. I like what I have seen of the mods you compilied. I don't care for the signboards (personal preference), so I changed the x value to send them off the screen. The other thing I would like to change is the size of the elevation when not in route. I know because it is printing over the bmp I can't just change the font size. I am thinking I could edit the bmp to remove the word elevation and then change the font size so it takes up the whole bmp space. Does that make sense? Just wanted to know if I was on the right track. Thanks for all your work in compling all thes mods, and if others are reading, thanks to everyone that has contributed. Unlike some who say they hate this deck, I am loving it...

Sounds like I need to get to page 10 and delete a link. Use page1. That always has the most updated links.

I have wanted to change the elevation too. If you figure it out let me know. I just have not had a chance to look into how to change it. I would like it lower so the street names show more. I have

Regarding the elevation sign I understand. It is designed to resemble a real elevation sign. If you want a larger text for the number itself you could just edit the BMP to remove the word elevation and then make the text bigger using the fontsize attribute in the config.

Try the latest one on page 1 and let me know how that works for you.

Sounds like I need to get to page 10 and delete a link. Use page1. That always has the most updated links.

I have wanted to change the elevation too. If you figure it out let me know. I just have not had a chance to look into how to change it. I would like it lower so the street names show more. I have

Regarding the elevation sign I understand. It is designed to resemble a real elevation sign. If you want a larger text for the number itself you could just edit the BMP to remove the word elevation and then make the text bigger using the fontsize attribute in the config.

Try the latest one on page 1 and let me know how that works for you.

Hey Sandtoy-

I have photoshop and decided to help you out. Here is the image. Just change the fontsize and maybe position of the text itself and you should be ready to rock and roll.

Alex

elevation.rar

I will go back to page 1 and try that DL. Maybe it will fix a problem I am having. When I use the dropdown, press the POI button, then the second button over to find POI, it finds nothing...zero...zip...nada! I was sitting right in front of a Velero Gas Station, and it didn't find it, even when I looked specifically for Velero stations. It doesn't matter what I look for this way, it doesn't find it. However, if I go through the main menu, select destinations, then POI, then search near location, it finds everything. I also noticed when I go through the main menu, I have an option at the bottom to select "All", however, when I go through the drop down, I don't have that button at the bottom.

My trip computer worked great last night, and wouldn't work today, even after shutting down and restarting several times...even after resetting the unit. Guess I am in the same boat as everyone else...when it works, it works great, when it don't...it don't.

I am not sure if POI icons should be showing up on my map or not. Most of the time they are not there, however, if I stop and play with the unit looking for POI's, some will show up, then they go away, then one will come back...very intermittant. I do have gas stations and restrants set to on in the settings menue.

Thanks for the Elevation bmp (I don't have photoshop), I am going to play with it. Will let you know if I have any luck.

I will go back to page 1 and try that DL. Maybe it will fix a problem I am having. When I use the dropdown, press the POI button, then the second button over to find POI, it finds nothing...zero...zip...nada! I was sitting right in front of a Velero Gas Station, and it didn't find it, even when I looked specifically for Velero stations. It doesn't matter what I look for this way, it doesn't find it. However, if I go through the main menu, select destinations, then POI, then search near location, it finds everything. I also noticed when I go through the main menu, I have an option at the bottom to select "All", however, when I go through the drop down, I don't have that button at the bottom.

My trip computer worked great last night, and wouldn't work today, even after shutting down and restarting several times...even after resetting the unit. Guess I am in the same boat as everyone else...when it works, it works great, when it don't...it don't.

I am not sure if POI icons should be showing up on my map or not. Most of the time they are not there, however, if I stop and play with the unit looking for POI's, some will show up, then they go away, then one will come back...very intermittant. I do have gas stations and restrants set to on in the settings menue.

Thanks for the Elevation bmp (I don't have photoshop), I am going to play with it. Will let you know if I have any luck.

Load the latest update and lets regroup. I fixed a bunch of POI icons and I am not sure if you have them or not.

Load the latest update and lets regroup. I fixed a bunch of POI search buttons and I am not sure if you have them or not.

Ok, I updated to the post on page 1.

I still cannot find any POI using the drop down menu. I tried searching with each button option and it would not find anything. If I press "menu", "destination", "POI", and look that way, there is no problem...I find everything around me.

Trip computer still not working. It worked once, but hasn't worked since. Will wait until someone finds the problem with this.

POI icons are now showing up on the map as I drive, both in route and no route...cool...

I made changes to the elevation signs. I made a new bmp file for the non-route view. The new sign is wider, and I dropped it down below the speed limit sigh. It aligns nicely with my IPOD album artwork. I had to play with the X and Y axis settings a bit to get the bmp aligned correctly and the actual print to line up right. It should be ok up to 9,999 ft, however, it will probably overlap at 10,000 feet. I am at 400 ft now and will check on my way home how it looks at 2,000 ft. I also changed the altitude information when in route. I didn't like seeing 0.4mi for altitude and didn't know how to change it to feet, so I just made it look at elivation instead.

If you are interested in any of the changes I made, I would be glad to post them and the elevation.bmp I made.

Thanks again for your work and your guidence, and if you can think of why my POI dropdown buttons aren't finding anything, let me know.

I was reading back through the thread, and noticed that one of your updates was to fix a problem with the POI search. I am not sure what that fix was, but I am wondering if I could have hosed something up related to that fix? I downloaded from the first post on page 1 this morning, and copied everything over, over writting everything that was existing. I did not go back to my backup prior to my installation of the mod pack the other day. Is there something that I might should have deleted?

Hey Diaftia,

Read through the thread again...further, and on page 3, dhp106 posted about removing "QS" from one of the lines. On page 4 you asked him about it. I found that code in the file and the QS is still there in the file I downloaded this morning from the first post. I removed the QS from both the in route and non route lines and viola...the POI search now works from dropdown buttons. Everything now works, I changed the Elevation sign so that it is bigger and easier to read, changed the altitude in the info section when in route to show elevition (ft instead of mi), and sent the signboards off the screen. Essentially, I took everyone's work and tweaked it to my own liking...

Hey Diaftia,

Read through the thread again...further, and on page 3, dhp106 posted about removing "QS" from one of the lines. On page 4 you asked him about it. I found that code in the file and the QS is still there in the file I downloaded this morning from the first post. I removed the QS from both the in route and non route lines and viola...the POI search now works from dropdown buttons. Everything now works, I changed the Elevation sign so that it is bigger and easier to read, changed the altitude in the info section when in route to show elevition (ft instead of mi), and sent the signboards off the screen. Essentially, I took everyone's work and tweaked it to my own liking...

I had removed them in the past but it made it so that the POI icons all went to the same place. They were completely broken. When I got them working I changed the functions so maybe that was the main fix. Sounds like the functions might need some tweaking still. But each of those buttons should bring up a different screen. Check now and they might be going back to the same original address search screen. I will test tonight.

Hey Diaftia,

OK so originally they were the following:

Working with dhp106 I changed them to:

That pretty much completely broke them going to the correct screen but stopped the crashes. So I worked on them to get them to the correct screen but they would not find anything with this:

It appears those QS' (for quickscreen) appear to break them. Those are the same commands that are being issued from the destination menu itself so go figure on that one. I removed the QS' again with the new commands and verified that all the buttons go to the correct location and seem to be working now. This was the final code:

>

I had to change it to along cursor to get it to work. Watch out because removing QS from the around cusor command (onrelease='vfromaroundcursorQS.set 1, run sc_StartPointOnMap,) causes an error. I tried all variations to get it to the screen that shows the cursor and how many points there are around it in total (where it would say 0). Before, on that screen, you could touch anyplace to reposition the cursor and it would work. In my emulator it did the same thing from the destination menu though. This way you have to have the cursor in place and then start your search from the icon (which you would most likely due anyway). It works fine though.

New file in first post.

Before, on that screen, you could touch anyplace to reposition the cursor and it would work. In my emulator it did the same thing from the destination menu though. This way you have to have the cursor in place and then start your search from the icon (which you would most likely due anyway). It works fine though.

map.EnableMoveCursorByClick 1
map.SHOWCURSOR 1
map.ONMAPCLICK sc_StartPlanModeMenuPlan_Refresh 1	

those commands are reponsible for for the above problem where sc_StartPlanModeMenuPlan_Refresh is the script you need to change to another script that would get new POI information on the newly selected location

Before, on that screen, you could touch anyplace to reposition the cursor and it would work. In my emulator it did the same thing from the destination menu though. This way you have to have the cursor in place and then start your search from the icon (which you would most likely due anyway). It works fine though.

map.EnableMoveCursorByClick 1
map.SHOWCURSOR 1
map.ONMAPCLICK sc_StartPlanModeMenuPlan_Refresh 1	

those commands are reponsible for for the above problem where sc_StartPlanModeMenuPlan_Refresh is the script you need to change to another script that would get new POI information on the newly selected location

Hey IDT-

Not sure I follow. Looking at your brosemap file you have this:

In mine there is this:

Do you think I need to put the refresh_planmode in there to make it work? You code above is completely different and I am not where where I would use that. Thanks for the help on this. :)