AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V1 - UPDATED: 12/1/09 FINAL

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you would like a GPS icon to make sure that your GPS is connected to ensure the trip computer is counting use this Data.zip instead of the one above. Everything else is the same except this data.zip adds a GPS icon and signal strength meter next to the "YOUR SPEED" sign.

EDIT: Link removed since I put these mods into the original data.zip in the first post. Only change was that the GPS info is now above the your speed sign.

post-26802-12872758467448_thumb.jpg

Might be a dumb question, but can I use another users sys.txt file to get the tilt function? I would like to be able to tilt back and forth. Thanks.

What I would do is compare them side to side. Most likely you will just want to take the map tilt settings and add them to this one. I think its only 3-4 short lines. Just do a side by side and see how they differ. I didnt do the sky mods because its a bad use of the screen for me. What I do need to do is figure out the mod that gets the street names on the map sooner or at least at the default elevation when in 3D.

Good work on this... now if I can just get a button to call home on the map screen for one touch dialing everything I could ever want will be done

Hmmm what if it was a two touch dial home? If I could figure out how to do the dial home thing I could put it in one of the expandable menus. Then you could just remove all the hide features of the menu itself and then just expand and then touch dial home when you need it. Part of what makes this mod so cool is that the screen is so clean and free of "stuff".

Might be a dumb question, but can I use another users sys.txt file to get the tilt function? I would like to be able to tilt back and forth. Thanks.

What I would do is compare them side to side. Most likely you will just want to take the map tilt settings and add them to this one. I think its only 3-4 short lines. Just do a side by side and see how they differ. I didnt do the sky mods because its a bad use of the screen for me. What I do need to do is figure out the mod that gets the street names on the map sooner or at least at the default elevation when in 3D.

Thanks. I will have to compare them this weekend. Just a FYI, if you try to use different schemes other than default day and night, the turn arrows come out black. I used monopoly schemes on your mod and that is how they came out, but when you use pioneer day and night they look normal.

I would copy and paste the 3d section from the older sys txt into the new one. There's a few new settings in the newer sys txt that may be needed for proper operation.

Here's mine if you want to experiment. This will give you about 3/4 inch of sky view, the sky view in the picture was at a 8550 setting:

[map]

3d_roads=1

3d_tunnels=1

3d_max_tiltlevel=8300

3d_min_tiltlevel=0

3dcarsizemin=1700

3dcarsizemax=3400

2dheadup=1

zoomfactor=110

The last two settings are original settings from the 3.01 sys txt file. I haven't played with the zoom factor yet.

And since you've added keepers quick launch, I've also incorporated tilt and rotate buttons for it. All the coding is in the file from the data zip from this thread: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=26145

If you decide to use it you'll need to repaint the backround color to match keepers buttons. Theoretically you can get rid of the buttons that pop up everytime you touch map screen.

It was the last one I posted before switching to 3.01. Gosh, I wish I kept that one.

EDIT**** To avoid confusion, the picture I posted was from when I was running pre 3.0. As with so many others at this time, I have had no sucess to get buildings to show in 3.01. I want my 2.0 back. So far this 3.01 sucks.

post-24694-12872758472569_thumb.jpg

Good work on this... now if I can just get a button to call home on the map screen for one touch dialing everything I could ever want will be done

Hmmm what if it was a two touch dial home? If I could figure out how to do the dial home thing I could put it in one of the expandable menus. Then you could just remove all the hide features of the menu itself and then just expand and then touch dial home when you need it. Part of what makes this mod so cool is that the screen is so clean and free of "stuff".

Yeah I had been trying to add it in instead of the MSN drop set cause I have a 700 but I cant figure out the code for call home... If you can find the code Ill add it in and you would be the man!

Can anyone tell me if the 3d buildings showing in the photo above are included in this mod? If not, how are they loaded and what files are you using? I tried to just copy over the ones from the hacked 2.0 but they don't load. The stock ones are the only ones that will load. I assume it is tied to a hacked ezrider file or license file?

Can anyone tell me if the 3d buildings showing in the photo above are included in this mod? If not, how are they loaded and what files are you using? I tried to just copy over the ones from the hacked 2.0 but they don't load. The stock ones are the only ones that will load. I assume it is tied to a hacked ezrider file or license file?

I am not sure... I have been waiting for the new 2D map for so long I haven't checked. We need to find out if NSEW did anything to get those buildings in there. If so I would be happy to make the same changes to my config.

I am not sure... I have been waiting for the new 2D map for so long I haven't checked. We need to find out if NSEW did anything to get those buildings in there. If so I would be happy to make the same changes to my config.

AFAIK NSEW is still using 2.0

Although I have tried lots of the great mods here, this one really works good for me. I had never dug into the coding before so I started small by getting rid of the MSN stuff. I was successful except for one problem. The trip computer main button is up where the MSN button used to be just like I want it. But when I tap that button, the sub-buttons show up one row down where they always were. Can anyone educate me on how to fix this?

Although I have tried lots of the great mods here, this one really works good for me. I had never dug into the coding before so I started small by getting rid of the MSN stuff. I was successful except for one problem. The trip computer main button is up where the MSN button used to be just like I want it. But when I tap that button, the sub-buttons show up one row down where they always were. Can anyone educate me on how to fix this?

Sounds like you only edited the drop down menu under the section and not the expandable menu that is at the bottom. Scroll down about halfway down the file and there are settings there for in route and not in route of the quick menu. They are in the section. You want to toy with the X and Y settings in this section for when in route and not in route:

The nice thing is if you go back to the original file you can just put the trip computer in the same place as the MSN button. All the coordinates should be there for you in both route and not in route.

AFAIK NSEW is still using 2.0

Sorry for the confusion, I'm running 3.01 but the picture posted above is from the last zip I used before changing over to 3.01. No buildings yet for me either.

Those tilt and rotate buttons and codes are in the zip in the link posted above work in 3.01. I have those installed. You'd just need to chage the X and Y settings to where you want buttons.

Sounds like you only edited the drop down menu under the section and not the expandable menu that is at the bottom. Scroll down about halfway down the file and there are settings there for in route and not in route of the quick menu. They are in the section. You want to toy with the X and Y settings in this section for when in route and not in route:

The nice thing is if you go back to the original file you can just put the trip computer in the same place as the MSN button. All the coordinates should be there for you in both route and not in route.

Nice! It took some trial and error to figure what values do what but now it's just the way I want it. Thanks!