AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V1 - UPDATED: 12/1/09 FINAL

Did ya ever get the glitch with the trip comp ironed out or is it all still zeroes?

Thanx,

Bud

Its something larger than my mods. Other modders are having the same problem with theirs. What we have narrowed it down to is moving too quickly before the nav finishes booting. Even then its not 100%. Seems like a problem that has existed since 2.0. We are still trying to find out what it is for sure.

What are your supposed "problems"? It works the same as on 2.0. Maybe it's the way you incorporated them into with your mods. It works the same in 3.0 as it did in 2.0. What have you narrowed down that you think it may have to do with moving too quickly before the unit finishes booting?

I notice that EVERY TIME the gps shows ANY movement as evidenced by the "speed" in the gps settings screen the trip comp ALWAYS freezes and shows zeroes. If I am lucky enough to get the system to boot up and the speed is showing "0.00 MPH" then it will ALWAYS start to work. My unit will show movement EVEN IF I AM STANDING STILL and this is when the trip comp fails to work. It had to do with the fact that (I theorize) if is detecting the slightest bit of movement it cannot begin to calculate anything so it just freezes up.

I have come to this conclusion after MANY tests and attempts to get it to work with numerous configurations. It was not until about a week ago when I finally found the root of the problem (at least for me) was tied to the speed indicated. My VSS has been hooked up since day one so I am going to un hook it just for the hell of it and see if it has any bearing on the situation. Besides, this thing is so inaccurate it surely wont make a difference if the VSS is attached or not IMHO.

Thanx,

Bud

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I notice that EVERY TIME the gps shows ANY movement as evidenced by the "speed" in the gps settings screen the trip comp ALWAYS freezes and shows zeroes. If I am lucky enough to get the system to boot up and the speed is showing "0.00 MPH" then it will ALWAYS start to work. My unit will show movement EVEN IF I AM STANDING STILL and this is when the trip comp fails to work. It had to do with the fact that (I theorize) if is detecting the slightest bit of movement it cannot begin to calculate anything so it just freezes up.

I have come to this conclusion after MANY tests and attempts to get it to work with numerous configurations. It was not until about a week ago when I finally found the root of the problem (at least for me) was tied to the speed indicated. My VSS has been hooked up since day one so I am going to un hook it just for the hell of it and see if it has any bearing on the situation. Besides, this thing is so inaccurate it surely wont make a difference if the VSS is attached or not IMHO.

Thanx,

Bud

Bud,

There's definitely something else going on that's affecting the operation.

I'm attaching my trips from today so you know it does work. Yourself and diafia are still the only two reporting "issues".

The 8-17c picture is the combined of the morning and afternoon trip. I forgot to reset the start of it when I booted it this morning. I also didn't pause it when I went into standby. Notice the trip times, speeds, distance and altitudes. Nothing abnormal in any way whatsoever.

post-24694-12872758710878_thumb.jpg

post-24694-12872758711315_thumb.jpg

post-24694-12872758711812_thumb.jpg

Well, that is also what mine looks like...when it does work..and I like it when it does but obviously ther IS something with OUR setups. It did it on V2.0 and likewise on my current V3.01 so I dunno :roll: I have tried it with a virgin DATA.zip and also with my own add-in and with the exact same result. Anywho, I will just see if sometime, somehow, somewhere sombody will figure it out and I will just leave it be for now.

Thanx for all the help!

Bud

Well, that is also what mine looks like...when it does work..and I like it when it does but obviously ther IS something with OUR setups. It did it on V2.0 and likewise on my current V3.01 so I dunno :roll: I have tried it with a virgin DATA.zip and also with my own add-in and with the exact same result. Anywho, I will just see if sometime, somehow, somewhere sombody will figure it out and I will just leave it be for now.

Thanx for all the help!

Bud

not sure why it's acting that way on your mod as i never had problems with it before and upto now

Thanx for all the help!

Bud

sounds like most likely it's a hardware problem or the gps antenna is picking up interference? especially since you said "My unit will show movement EVEN IF I AM STANDING STILL".

sounds like most likely it's a hardware problem or the gps antenna is picking up interference? especially since you said "My unit will show movement EVEN IF I AM STANDING STILL".

Any GPS receiver will show some movement even when standing due to accuracy errors. (There are ways to pretend you are in one spot by ignoring any movement under a certain cut-off speed, but I am not sure if AVIC does that)...

You might want to compare your SYS.TXT as well... there might be some differences there.

Heres my sys.txt:

[device]
type="PIONEER746UC"

[interface]
skin="ui_pioneer"
default_day_color="COLORSCHEME~Pioneer Blue Day"
default_night_color="COLORSCHEME~Pioneer Blue Night"
tmc_events_icon_set="$tmc2.spr"
small_tmc_events_icon_set="$smalltmc2.spr"
show_kml_type=0
maxzoom2d=6000000
show_exit=1
defaulttilt3d=8100
mapfontscale=200

[rawdisplay]
screen_x=800
screen_y=480
class="landscape"
highres=0
dpi=250

[debug]
skip_eula=1
enable_roadshadow=1
enable_buildings=1
restart_mode_in_file=1
traincrossing=1 
speedcam_enabled=1
cache=2048
show_lane_info=1 

[folders]
;app=""\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo"
data="\My Flash Disk\User\UserData\iGo"
tts_nuance="\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\ScanSoft\RealSpeakSolo"
secondary_app="Storage Card/usericon,USB Disk/usericon"
usb_trackexport_path="\USB Disk"
storage_trackexport_path="\Storage Card"

[gps]
port=7
baud=9600
log_base_dir="\My Flash Disk\User\UserData\iGo\LogData"
default_latitude="40.29880"
default_longitude="-83.06774"

[2d]
show_guidance_arrows=1
show_guidance_strip=0

[3d]
max_poly_segments_shown_1=400
min_poly_segments_shown_1=200
show_guidance_arrows=1
show_guidance_strip=0

[3d_config]
roadsign_lines_per_screen=19

[local]
voice_key="Eng_us_m1"
default_language="english US"

[regional]
units=1

[dynamiccompressor]
compressor="1"
a0="56806"
thrs="24703"
ratio="8"
gain="8"

[timezone]
reset_os_timezone=1
multi_timezone=1

[map]
3d_scale_carmodel=1
3dcarsizemin=3150
3dcarsizemax=5000
3dcarsizemul=30000
3d_tunnels=1
;3d_max_tiltlevel=8100
3d_max_tiltlevel=8800
3d_max_zoomlevel=3000
3d_min_zoomlevel=40
3d_max_zfar=2000
show_oneway=1

[smartzoom]
minangle=60
maxangle=81
;restore_smartzoom_on=1 

[map]
2dheadup=1
zoomfactor=110

[poi]
;enable_pois_before_080217=1

I've also got a question about branding. I only get shell gas stations to show up and even so not all of them show up. There is a street where i work where there is a shell station like 1/4 mile away from each other and only one of them shows up on my map. they are not new so they should be in there.

Does that Shell have another gas station on another corner in the same intersection?

(Links updated 8/19/09. First post edited.) Fixes are new data.zip and sys.txt. If you want the sky to show in 3D map mode then edit out the commented lines in the map section of the sys.txt. Also edited navigatemap file to fix rebooting problem when saving a POI. Last change was to add in the GPS mods but those are now at the top above the your speed sign and all the signs below that have been moved down.

Its something larger than my mods. Other modders are having the same problem with theirs. What we have narrowed it down to is moving too quickly before the nav finishes booting. Even then its not 100%. Seems like a problem that has existed since 2.0. We are still trying to find out what it is for sure.

What are your supposed "problems"? It works the same as on 2.0. Maybe it's the way you incorporated them into with your mods. It works the same in 3.0 as it did in 2.0. What have you narrowed down that you think it may have to do with moving too quickly before the unit finishes booting?

Thanx,

Bud

Thanks for replying Bud. I had not had a chance to with everything going on today. This is the exact same thing I have been experiencing as well.