AVIC411.com

3.0 Retail, Official, Legit install experience

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are somethings that I have noticed so far:

1. Presets work in my Mercedes if you hold the up or down, otherwise will change to next station.

2. Button noise is no longer annoying! (IMO)

3. Buttons are more responsive

4. Heads up in 2D mode

5. Maps are cleaner

6. Navigation still doesn't tell you right or left side of street the destination is on.

Installed on Friday when I got the update. No issues what so ever. Before I had the 2.006 update and everytime I went to settings my unit would reboot. Another thing that I noticed after the upgrade all my audio settings were still there. To my surprise I didn't have to reset anything. My XM icons are working 100% of the time too now, with the previous update sometimes they would work, sometimes they wouldn't.

I haven't checked out the phone yet. Haven't checked out the SD card yet. So far I am very happy with the upgrade. I do still have somethings on my wish list though.

1. Ability to backup settings to SD card

2. Navigation to tell what side of the street the destination is on.

does anybody else have minor issues while the system is booting up towards the end? For me, after the splash screen the next screen is the settings screen, then its stuck on that screen until you press anywhere on the screen, that's when it goes back to normal screen (whichever you left off on). Also, sometimes the CD/DVD player gets stuck or stutters.

And the HD radio presets are still blank.

That's truly terrible. WTF is all I can say.

I'm thinking I'll just get a Zune HD and mount it next to the radio for HD.. lol. At least it can show the name of the station...

I think it is the HD module itself because I had my head unit repalced due to Bluetooth failure and did not loose any HD presets. this tells me it is the HD unit storing this info and not the head unti.

waited for the password today, finally the site is up running again, install was flawless until 98%, my heart sunk, thinking i had lost 30 minutes of my time and gas, thankfully the retry option brought me back up to 99% and it was smooth sailing all the way. watched the old files get deleted and new files copied... then reboot... and then it was hell... my unit most glitchy and unresponsive, touch screen will not work from time to time.... the only thing working was the freaking rotating illuminating colors... 2d/2d/N functions were jumbled up... did not see any text in 3d mode... cannot go into settings, used the reset button 3 times and finally things settled down...... don;t really know what the problem was, keeping fingers crossed for a problem free day tomorrow.... hu is really fast and responsive now, beep sound not annoying, 3d works really well as it won;t show any text until you come to the turn, it zooms in... no more big giant red arrow... liking it.....

Updated 700bt. No errors at all. I did SD1 Friday and then found the Password site down so drove around with 2.1. The unit did not work well. After Password site came up I got mine and installed SD2 on Tuesday. Everything went fine.

The key presses are much better.

The map display in very much improved. Sign boards are very nice. Arrow is much better. I CAN see the clock.

In my area (north of St Louis) the map data base is much better.

On start up time to music on the radio is faster. On Ipod about the same and total boot up is about the same.

About a month ago mine got stuck on the reverse camera with out one installed. I got the unit working again by waiting after boot up and getting into the settings and changing the main language back to English. I could not change the nav voice so I left things as they were hoping that the update would fix this and it did. I can now set the voice to what ever I want again.

The only problem I had this morning is when I made a BT call the call was fine yet the control box did not pop up for a couple of minutes. After it came up it worked fine. I had the person I was talking to hang up and call me back and that worked fine so we will see.

Over all very glad I did the update.

My update went fine as well, had to press retry and 9% & 92% but kept going both times.

Was wondering if anyone else had problems after the update with polarized sun glasses? I have a polarized clip on for my glasses (yes, because I'm soooooo cool :? ) and ever since the update I can hardly see the screen with them on. Never noticed this before, I would have thought it would be an angle thing but nothing else has changed and it doesn't matter where the sun's coming from either. Screen looks great without them and I haven't played with any settings yet.

Other than that I like the lane indicators on the map but they removed some functionality in my area. Where a highway starts there is an on-ramp that turns into a second lane to get on the new highway. V2.0 had a second green arrow appear here now it just shows one lane the entire time. I upgraded so many times was wondering if it really was 2.0 or someone's hack that did this.

Also the same highway was expanded to 6 lanes 3 years ago but still shows it as 4 lanes. Was probably always this way but couldn't see it before.

I love everything else and overall am very happy with the upgrade, now back to the mods forum.

did mine yesterday. not a single issue. boot up time now seems to me to be about the same. but, once booted, the unit feels a bit peppier.

nice surprise: after the upgrade, i was driving on the 110 through downtown los angeles, and dang if there weren't really cool 3d renderings of the major buildings there. even the shapes and colors of the buildings were pretty accurate. nice!

overall, a nice upgrade, but i'm glad i got it for $60. not sure that it's a $129 upgrade.

Install choked two times for me on #2, but just clicked retry and it kept going. At the end everything works, like stated above, it seems a bit faster on each keystroke/button, but startup time is still a joke (34 seconds alone for audio from itouch). Was it worth the cost? Probably not since I will be replacing it soon with something like the Kenwood 9140 so I can finally use an XM Direct and swap a single account between three cars rather than pay for three subscriptions an deal with Pioneer lackluster HD (i.e. no preset labels).

Nice try, Pioneer. I have gone through not one, but SEVEN top of the line Premier units in my cars, but charging customers for your screw ups and making me live with crap for well over a year thanks to your turtlesque speed just isn't acceptable.

Well I'm at 58% now on the 2nd card. Just wondering what everyone is doing with the SD cards after the upgrade? 1 is 1GB and the other is 2GB. Would be nice to put some tunes on one and use it in the headunit. Just wondered what everyones thoughts were on this and if I should save them or actually need them again in the future.....

Just got done installing the upgrade and playing around with it a bit. I haven't made any calls yet but the first thing i noticed was how much better the touch response is and how much quicker it responds. This is definitely how it should of been from day one! While in XM the channels change quicker and the buttons just "feel" better when you hit them. I used to have to hit the preset in a certain spot to get it to change and press hard. Now a light touch and bam its changed. I absolutely love it! The time display now has a solid color block behind it and is MUCH easier to read in map mode. The map display just looks cleaner all around. Didn't use nav yet but the 2D now has 2 modes, north up and face up, which will allow me to use 2D mode and always be facing towards the top now which will be nice. It didnt erase anything on mine. Presets are good, EQ settings are good, iPhone paired right up, contacts are still there, splash screen is the same. I can actually use my preset buttons on my steering wheel now too! Can't comment on the SD card cause i've never used it. But just after 10 minutes of playing its like a whole new headunit. Took about 45 minutes to do it start to finish. Even without using the nav yet and seeing what kinda map updates we got I feel it was totally worth the $70 I spent just with the few upgrades that I've noticed so far