AVIC411.com

Password Generator Site Down?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's go ahead and say this...

1. They should have had backups.

2. They should have IT staff on call around the globe for a company of their size.

3. This should have been resolved already.

But listen here for a moment people. They didn't/don't have these things set up. That's not going to change right now. That sort of thing takes a lot of effort, time, money, etc. So step back for just a moment please and think about what you are asking. You are asking people, yes living breathing people, to make miracles happen. The server is located in a natural disaster area, they are dealing with bigger issues than your software update right now. There are families who have lost homes, people who have lost loved ones, infrastructure of a major world economy being pulled out from under them.

Is your software update really that important?

So u mean to tell me that Pioneers gonna put all there eggs into one server, and not have any control over it on the side. I doubt it.

prob all their small eggs, im sure we (avic users) are prob a very very very very smaller percentage of their revenue, so i guess puts us on the bottom of priority list. and the quake prob just made it even lower :?

I think that a lot of the harsh feedback is a case of "the straw breaking the camel's back". Lots of issues and problems along the way to get to where we are now (a device with lots of possibilities) and this just seems to be one more speed bump that is perturbing those of us that got stuck halfway through the update process.

-Mojo

PUSA means Pioneer USA and we are dealing with PUSA guys.

Again DO NOT BLAME natural disaster (unfortunate and sad event) for such bad business practice.

The activation generator and anything else is ALWAYS backed up on some sort of media and NOT at only one place.

PUSA was closed this weekend and nobody was willing to move back in the office . . I have called PUSA and they said that

" ...they are closed (even tech dpt) during the weekend . . . server is down . . it is what it is . . please wait until server is up . ."

SO WHAT ELSE TO SAY . . this is actually some sort of PUSA earthquake.

I agree, its kinda petty. But I have given them a fair chance on everything. I was alway partial to Alpine. Everything i have owned, Alpine. But they are always short on features. So i finally decide to drop the dollar and get something Pioneer, seems nice, lotsa features and etc. Everythings seems to be a big hastle though. Im trying to give them a fair shake. Over 1 month, hell amost 2 since i purchased this update. Hoping to fix some of the BS with this unit. Didnt want to hack, ill spend the money and do it right. Now after waiting so long, i get it in my hands and cant even update it. This is not Pioneer JAPAN. Why am i dealing with Japans problems? I think like whats been stated. Its just the straw that broke the camels back.

Wheew...Vent over.

Japan just had another earthquake yesterday, 6.7 magnitude off the coast but sounds like it still shook things up pretty good. I think that's 4 over the past week including 3 very large ones so expect more delays.

I'm really pissed at Pioneer also for the reasons everyone else have already mentioned but my guess is this is one application set up specifically for generating passwords for the updates listed on the site.

Nothing will stop working if this goes down, nothing will crash, people won't be get stuck in their cars and no safety features will be affected. Just no updates.

As pissed as I am having these cards in my hand and not being able to do anything with them that type of system has about the lowest criticality any system can especially compared to 1000's of other systems they have that generate profits, do employee payroll, compliance systems, etc. It may not even justify having redundancy configured vs. the cost it would take (which is a lot more than just setting up another server some where).

It REALLY sucks for us but I'm not sure I can even fault them for it since I've made similar decisions myself...

Redundancy . . . .system with "lowest criticality" .? For what . . . password generator and very small database . . a piece of cake . . You can put it even on a single floppy and if it is necessary, upload to PUSA guys if they do not have it or they have been on the vacation. Again do not blame Japan . . they have been dealing with earthquakes successfully for years . . show me their site which is down right now . . comeoooon please

PUSA technicians a....s failed to be there during the weekend . . now they are struggling . . . somebody should be fired for it!