AVIC411.com

Gurjon skin for AVIC

If you are using an F500 make sure that SYS.TXT has correct device type. Actually, always check SYS.TXT to make sure it has the same device type as your original SYS.TXT.

I'll ask author about 3D cars not working on an actual unit. Oin the meanwhile, you can copy them all to GFX folder and use SYS.TXT to change (finally, some real 3D models...). Becker and Blaupunkt arrows are pretty nice...

What do you need to add to the sys.txt to set up a 3D car model?

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Welcome back Spector!!

I've now lost my navigate voices. I have the beeps, recaluting message as well you are over the speed limit message. So I know it's pulling from the tts file. I've been out all day and haven't looked the files. I believe it's in the zip somewhere as I had chosen an option to display on the side bar to mute the voice. The first time I pressed it it muted and has not come back since. The tiny speaker icon on the map view button is not checked and the speaker button in the quick menu has a yellow border around it. I tried to reload the zip that I downloaded from yeek's post and no go.

I don't have 3d cars either. It does the same on my unit as it did on Spector's, just a blank screen.

Once you get voices on, I would recommend staying away from the mute button option listed in the Short Menu option screens. The speed camera voice works and so do the beeps and chirps.

The file from yeek's post is not a standard IGO zip as I had first thought. It's a GURI zip. Was that collaberation between Gurjon and Yuri?

What do you need to add to the sys.txt to set up a 3D car model?

In [3d]

;car_day=car.mdl ; 3d car colors in day[night]2d[3d]color.ini

;car_day=sports_car.mdl

;car_night=sports_car.mdl

;ghost_day=sports_car.mdl

;ghost_night=sports_car.mdl

;car_day=car_blaupunkt.mdl

;car_night=car_blaupunkt.mdl

;ghost_day=car_blaupunkt.mdl

;ghost_night=car_blaupunkt.mdl

;car_day=becker_car_gps.mdl

;car_night=becker_car_gps.mdl

;car_day=car_spaceship.mdl

;car_day=Porsche.bmp ; bmp no worky :o(

;car_night=car_night.mdl

;ghost_day=car_ghost.mdl

;ghost_night=car_ghost.mdl

;ghost_day=becker_car_ghost.mdl

;ghost_night=becker_car_ghost.mdl

And take your pick of a model file.

Thanks boris, I will test it out tonight see if it fix some problems I am experiencing on my F500BT.

1. Error when launching the the phone dialer thru Navigation/Map screen.

2. Error when making phone calls thru POI interface.

These two are supposed to be fixed. It will use AVIC's internal Bluetooth inteface now.

Just tested on my F500BT, better user interface, especially on the menu settings.

POI call is now fixed, but still having same error when launch phone dialer thru Map/Navigation.

Another new error, I am currently using Samantha TTS 1.2, It's working fine, but if I try to switch it, system reboots.

go to [setting]->[Region] and press on [samantha TTS 1.2] -- REBOOTS.

Will try to replace the data.zip to do more testing tomorrow.

Can confirm, reboots when you go to change the voices. I am using a non-TTS voice on an F500BT.

It does now have audio with the supplied data.zip (on F500BT units). You don't have to use a generic data.zip anymore.

Thanks again BorisM for posting these updates.

Can confirm, reboots when you go to change the voices. I am using a non-TTS voice on an F500BT.

It does now have audio with the supplied data.zip (on F500BT units). You don't have to use a generic data.zip anymore.

Thanks again BorisM for posting these updates.

You're welcome...

I don't think one should change voice through normal iGO facilities... Does it blow up if you go to system settings and change it there?

Tried with a different data file, and did some minor change on the gurjon skin (removed the Exit button). It's works much better now.

Sorry I forgot the orginal source of this data file, I was previously use it with leetlauncher/igo, with all the unnecessary resolution removed.

For those who are interested to try out, here are the data.zip and modified gurjon skin:

http://www.4shared.com/dir/19316858/3a6 ... aring.html

Tried with a different data file, and did some minor change on the gurjon skin (removed the Exit button). It's works much better now.

Sorry I forgot the orginal source of this data file, I was previously use it with leetlauncher/igo, with all the unnecessary resolution removed.

For those who are interested to try out, here are the data.zip and modified gurjon skin:

Thank you for sharing.

Can you tell me on thing ?

Should I delete the iGo fodler and then copy the skin files or copy over the skin files to the existing iGo folder ?

Thank you for sharing.

Should I delete the iGo fodler and then copy the skin files or copy over the skin files to the existing iGo folder ?

No, DO NOT delete the IGO folder, the IGO you downloaded from boris's link is not a completed igo, it's missing stuff like ScanSoft, which is used for the voices.

Thank you for sharing.

No, DO NOT delete the IGO folder, the IGO you downloaded from boris's link is not a completed igo, it's missing stuff like ScanSoft, which is used for the voices.

Thank you again.

Fully working with your changed data.zip.

Perfect !