AVIC411.com

Gurjon skin for AVIC

I tried everything including deleting everything in the APL folder. I reinstalled using the Gurjon package and also added softscan directory from original file. I also copied the sys.txt along with ezrider file. Still hanging when starting up,

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Jimbo

Have you tried it with the gurjon sys.txt and your own ezrider.exe?

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I tried everything including deleting everything in the APL folder. I reinstalled using the Gurjon package and also added softscan directory from original file. I also copied the sys.txt along with ezrider file. Still hanging when starting up,

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Jimbo

Have you tried it with the gurjon sys.txt and your own ezrider.exe?

yes.... Do I need to load the maps, poi and buildings or are they already on the data file?

J

I am running it on my F500BT with firmware on 2.00600 with APL2 from the 3.0 package and hacked ezrider.exe 3.1. Everything is working perfect except "can not launch the phone dialer thru the Map/Navi". I am still using the data.zip file I posted on page 4.

If you are having problem live stuck at "Start in Progress", i suggest you to run the ezrider.exe thru Testmode. See what error you get, most likely you are missing some files. And you can fix it according to the error message.

Good luck to all.

yeek, thanks for the suggestion.

I tried to run errider 8.3 on testmode, it turned out that it was looking for ui_igo8\960_544\loading.bmp that is missing. Any suggestion where I can find this file? I tried the ui_igo8 directory but could not find 960_544.

I see.

You must missing the resolution setting in the sys.txt file or you have something 960x544 there.

Put this in your sys.txt file:

[rawdisplay]

screen_x=800

screen_y=480

class="landscape"

highres=0

It will look for ui_igo8\800_480\loading.bmp.

Even after you add this, I still suggest you to launch it thru testmode, as this Gurjon-skin-mod it basically rebranded the Pioneer Ezrider back to the standard IGO 8.3. If you have cleaned up you user setting, when you first time start it, you needs to go thru the language settings on starting up. I believe that is another reason some people could not pass the "Starting in Progress".

Good luck

Thanks again, yeek.

The adding of the lines fixed the start-up problem.

[rawdisplay]

screen_x=800

screen_y=480

class="landscape"

highres=0

Now the TTS (Samantha) is not working, Jason is fine. Is something expected?

Check if you missing the ScanSoft under iGO directory. Mine works fine, I even managed to make Susan and Dave TTS partially working.

ScanSoft under iGO directory is there. I installed TTS from 2.006 firmware again, still didn't work. I think this is nothing to do with Gurjon skin. It's something that is not working. How can I re-install the entire TTS/Voice module? Any suggestion? Thanks ...

In you sys.txt, do you have the correct device type? eg if you are F500BT US mode, you should have type="PIONEER749UC".

If still not working, you can try to find voice and language files from other downloads and just copy them to the /iGO/Content/Lang and /iGO/Content/voice folder accordingly. If you want to use Loquendo TTS files, like Susan and Dave, you will need also the related DLLs and the TTS_LOQ software folder.

With this Gurjon skin mod, I was able to get the High Quality Susan and Dave TTS to work. Which can be downloaded from gpsunderground.com

However, whenever it speaks a streetname, it adds two "UnderScore" to it, eg, "make a left turn onto King street", it will actually say "make a left turn underscore underscore onto King Street".

That is very anoying :(

Is here anybody who has some problem with skin? :D

A'm sorry 2 all... :roll:

Here is the latest version. It`s work well

http://rapidshare.de/files/48217096/iGo ... K.rar.html

Just 2 download, unpack, copy and use. (do not forget 2 deleting system.ini from save directory (D:\My Flash disk\User\UserData\iGo\save) because it can contain some old informations...

I am un able to down load. Can you check it again?

Thanks

Jimbo

Hey All,

Just spent the last 3 hours getting the Gurjon skin going, took a few tries, and I actually didn't have sufficient space to install it. I ended up deleting Canada map to make enough room. Anyway it's on and it's running and everything appears to be fine except for my soft-hack for the parking break speed.

Boris's data.zip has the igo8_generic.ini which has the following lines:

[pioneer]

parking_break_speed=255.0

and I even changed the speed to be 240.0 which is what i previously used on stock 3.02 firmware and it worked.

But no matter what when I get to 16 kph I get the annoying bad connection warning and then all the tools disable automatically.

Has anyone had any problems getting the soft-hack to work with Gurjon? I tested the soft-hack under 3.02 fw and got up to 90 mph and never had a problem earlier today, so it's gotta have something to do with the new igo software.

I haven't tried it yet but perhaps the pioneer expects the file to be called pioneer_ui.ini? and so it isn't reading it?

Thanks