AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V2.3 - UPDATED: 01/14/10

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These mods were tested and made on a US based F90BT running 3.01.   I did a lot of coding on this to make additions and adaptations to what was there but the original mods are done by the following

Posted Images

What about the color schemes? Can we only use the pioneer schemes?? Because other schmes gives me an error.

What do we have to change in the schems to get other schemes working??

Still waiting for merten 3000 to upload 2.3 btw. Though i got the TMC EU button working myself in the quickmenu :).

Hi Jörg,

excellent, now it works!

Thank you,

Regards Andreas

Hi AndreasF,

you can change the Arrows to Strips in SYS.TXT

by adding or changing the following parameters:

show_guidance_arrows=0

show_guidance_strip=1

for some reason the US guys tend to use the arrows from post 3.0 in their mods, I prefer the strips as well

hope that helps

Jörg

This looks amazing. New on this, installed a few hacks on my F500 (V3.0 stock) but will use this one when the new EU TMC version is there. Quetion I have, in plan mode you show a number of options to calculate the route (fastest, economic etc) Is there a mode that looks at traffic jams or are these the standard modes in the pioneer/Igo app.

What annoys me using the pioneer compared to other nav programms is, that there is no choice to manually confirm or cancel the reroute/recalculation because of traffic.

I would very much want to be able to decide myself at the time a traiic congestion is announced for a reroute, or to cancel the reroute and continue the original calculation (without traffic jam).

Opening a window like plan mode and having there an option to calculate the route around the traffic would solve my issue.

I may have missed something so hence my question.

I have a 3.02 900BT EU am in the UK and it put on Mertens mod only...Do I need to copy all of data zip also from Diaftia/Merten as I have only done the under ten files it mentions in the instructions. Merten do I need to edit sys text ?

I cant seem to get TMC and have no cameras.

If there is a EU update which files will I need to copy over ?

It works generally and I will contribute via pay pal

Has anyone got any IPhone/Ipod additions like video out or app display like TrafficTV ?

Matt

Great! I will try out your brilliant mod this week! Hopefully the quick menu button works as it is very useful.

Does your mod contains half patches like Quick Map Changer and Road Block? Map Changer is a great feature to have, so we have both NAVTEQ and TA map on one device.

http://www.gurjon.com/gj_hp/

I used GJ skin on my 3.5in iGo, it is one of the best iGo mod around but it won't work with AVIC.

Here is some screenshots that may gives you idea for Diaftia.

http://www.gurjon.com/gj_scr/

Why is there a dedicated non-MSN version? Can't the feature be turned off on the MSN version?

thanks

Its really only a difference in the quickmenu. The MSN version has buttons there. The non-MSN version does not. You actually just gave me an idea on how I might be able to detect MSN subscription data and make one version though, so thanks. ;)

Here you have a treat about Gurjon skin: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=26699&p=202280&hilit=gurjon#p202280 Unfortunatly, It's not very active topic.

Great! I will try out your brilliant mod this week! Hopefully the quick menu button works as it is very useful.

Does your mod contains half patches like Quick Map Changer and Road Block? Map Changer is a great feature to have, so we have both NAVTEQ and TA map on one device.

I used GJ skin on my 3.5in iGo, it is one of the best iGo mod around but it won't work with AVIC.

yes, i have the latest version 2.3, everything works except the quick menu

What happens? Does it beep or do anything? I don't see why it wouldn't. Maybe someone else that is running a 500 can say if its working for them? Did you change your sys.txt device type (not that it should affect that specifically)?

I download the files to the card, but the unit never sees the files. What am I doing wrong? Do I need to extract the files somehow before putting them on SD? I'm a little confused on this one. Any help would be appreciated.

Yes, extract the files onto the SD card. They are all in folders and will match up to the directions in the first post. I will change the first post to say "extract all of the files and folders...."

What about the color schemes? Can we only use the pioneer schemes?? Because other schmes gives me an error.

What do we have to change in the schems to get other schemes working??

Still waiting for merten 3000 to upload 2.3 btw. Though i got the TMC EU button working myself in the quickmenu :).

You should be able to. I know you need to add in an igo8 folder or edit the schemes to work with Pioneer units if they dont already. But the files in my mods are all in place and fully support schemes. Abb1 might have some input on this if he is watching as I know he uses schemes.

This looks amazing. New on this, installed a few hacks on my F500 (V3.0 stock) but will use this one when the new EU TMC version is there. Quetion I have, in plan mode you show a number of options to calculate the route (fastest, economic etc) Is there a mode that looks at traffic jams or are these the standard modes in the pioneer/Igo app.

What annoys me using the pioneer compared to other nav programms is, that there is no choice to manually confirm or cancel the reroute/recalculation because of traffic.

I would very much want to be able to decide myself at the time a traiic congestion is announced for a reroute, or to cancel the reroute and continue the original calculation (without traffic jam).

Opening a window like plan mode and having there an option to calculate the route around the traffic would solve my issue.

Hmmm interesting theory. I agree sometimes you are on a route and it would just recalculate and not tell you what changed. I will have to think about this. Its no small amount of coding to accomplish.

FYI the only way to go in and look at traffic jams is to go into the MSN Traffic screen.

I may have missed something so hence my question.

I have a 3.02 900BT EU am in the UK and it put on Mertens mod only...Do I need to copy all of data zip also from Diaftia/Merten as I have only done the under ten files it mentions in the instructions. Merten do I need to edit sys text ?

I cant seem to get TMC and have no cameras.

If there is a EU update which files will I need to copy over ?

It works generally and I will contribute via pay pal

Has anyone got any IPhone/Ipod additions like video out or app display like TrafficTV ?

Matt

I believe Merten's version should have the changed sys.txt in it. Just open it in notepad and see if the device type is set correctly. I am pretty sure it is though.

You need to enable speedcams in the warnings section of the settings.

Generally, if you are updating from one of my versions (EU or not), you need to delete the save files and copy the new data.zip. Everything else is usually the same in 95% of cases.

You can use the app called screensplitter in Cydia (if you are jailbroken) and it will output iPhone/iPod Touch video to a source. You then switch the input on your AVIC and it will show on the display. That is all I am aware of but it will display any app that is on your iphone as well as the audio.

Why is there a dedicated non-MSN version? Can't the feature be turned off on the MSN version?

thanks

Its really only a difference in the quickmenu. The MSN version has buttons there. The non-MSN version does not. You actually just gave me an idea on how I might be able to detect MSN subscription data and make one version though, so thanks. ;)

I am looking at getting some of those half patches into my mods. Wish they were in there before I integrated all this stuff in by hand in the past. ;)

I can see how the map changer is useful but I wonder about the storage aspect. I guess the maps have to be loaded onto a flashdrive since there is no space available on the AVIC.

The road block stuff is in there already (or at least something similar). Its in the route menu.

To be honest I am taking a little break from coding for a bit. I will get back to it I just need to make sure I balance what I am doing on here for free with my real job (that pays the mortgage) and family life. I have been full steam ahead on this stuff for a while and have to tend to some stuff.