AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V2.3 - UPDATED: 01/14/10

Hi,

I have a small problem with this brilliant mod. After installing the mod and removing all files from the "save folder" and disabling the "Automatic zoom", I can select a few different view angles of the 3D map (I prefer about one fifth of the image as sky). But after a "navigation of a route", the view angle of the map is only changeable between a min and max. value. Has someone an idea of the reason?

Rgds,

Hugo

I am not sure I am following what you mean. If you like the smart zoom you can go into the smart zoom settings and it will tilt the map to show the amount of sky you want (I suggest full right).

If that doesn't help please give me more details to what you are seeing and I will try to reproduce what you are seeing.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These mods were tested and made on a US based F90BT running 3.01.   I did a lot of coding on this to make additions and adaptations to what was there but the original mods are done by the following

Posted Images

This stuff is flipping brilliant, I went from being really ****** off at the whole thing since it knackered up during the official update, right now its all running and its allllll good :D

Anyway, a quick question regarding the overlay trip computer in the latest EU update (thanks Merten :)) - I press the time and it pops up and looks great, but how exactly do you switch it off? I would have thought pressing the clock again would do this but it doesn't - it is switched off another way?

Secondly, the display mode seems to keep flicking back to 2D - once again is this me doing something wrong or is there a setting I can change?

Cheers guys! top mod!

Each of the boxes in the trip computer are shortcuts. The very last one on the right hides it again. The second to the last one resets it.

As far as the map goes (if I recall correctly) it saves your position when you are navigating and not navigating. Just switch it in both places and you should be fine. Let me know if this is not what you are seeing and I will look into it.

Alex

Great thanks :)

Gonna add a couple more foibles to the mix...

1) When in the speedo view or the dash view (and probably more), I don't get a number in the blue island circle, so don't actually know which exit I need to take, is there a setting in the files I can change to put the little number back in because as it stands your cant actually navigate in these cool modes (well I can't since I don't have any voices working)

2) Is there any way to keep the user voice muted? mine isn't working right now but still mutes the music for a second while it would be saying something, and i click that little speaker and it puts a line through it, but this setting doesn't stick... any way to keep it on (or off as the case may be?)

Thanks guys :)

Oh and by the way, each trip info box being a shortcut? brilliant!

Just installed diaftia's hybrid mod , everything works well. Except my gps antenna signal.

In the navi menu . We have a on/off gps button.. For some reason, the unit thinks ON is OFF and OFF is On . Anyone have quick fix. thanks..Would really appreciate it ,rather than having to reinstall my back up..

*Would really apppreciate the help..

I ran into this issue when I had to change something in the sys.txt.

Park your car in a open location. Start the AVIC, wait for sometime. Shut down the AVIC and restart it once again. Cleaning up the "save" files would help too. It is important to have a static co-ordinates when you do this.

Delete the save files as suggested as well as the gpspara* files.

just installed the mods , everything works great..Only for one thing. now i have , in the navi menu a ON/Off, OFF/on gps button. for some reason my unit seems to think on/ is off and off/ is on.. i'm sure a quick fix can anyone help???

Thanks In Advance...REMIXED>>>>anyone know where the " GPS PARA " FILE SITS??

I ran into this issue when I had to change something in the sys.txt.

Park your car in a open location. Start the AVIC, wait for sometime. Shut down the AVIC and restart it once again. Cleaning up the "save" files would help too. It is important to have a static co-ordinates when you do this.

Delete the save files as suggested as well as the gpspara* files.

As I have issues with the sattelite fix as well (very slow) I want to try looking into/deleting the gpspara as well. Anybody knows where it sits and what it does? Or any other thoughts experiences regarding this issue? Maybe wrong version of hacked EZrider?

Thanks

Jörg

This stuff is flipping brilliant, I went from being really ****** off at the whole thing since it knackered up during the official update, right now its all running and its allllll good :D

Anyway, a quick question regarding the overlay trip computer in the latest EU update (thanks Merten :)) - I press the time and it pops up and looks great, but how exactly do you switch it off? I would have thought pressing the clock again would do this but it doesn't - it is switched off another way?

Secondly, the display mode seems to keep flicking back to 2D - once again is this me doing something wrong or is there a setting I can change?

Cheers guys! top mod!

Each of the boxes in the trip computer are shortcuts. The very last one on the right hides it again. The second to the last one resets it.

As far as the map goes (if I recall correctly) it saves your position when you are navigating and not navigating. Just switch it in both places and you should be fine. Let me know if this is not what you are seeing and I will look into it.

Alex

Great thanks :)

Gonna add a couple more foibles to the mix...

1) When in the speedo view or the dash view (and probably more), I don't get a number in the blue island circle, so don't actually know which exit I need to take, is there a setting in the files I can change to put the little number back in because as it stands your cant actually navigate in these cool modes (well I can't since I don't have any voices working)

2) Is there any way to keep the user voice muted? mine isn't working right now but still mutes the music for a second while it would be saying something, and i click that little speaker and it puts a line through it, but this setting doesn't stick... any way to keep it on (or off as the case may be?)

Thanks guys :)

Oh and by the way, each trip info box being a shortcut? brilliant!

I have also noticed this issue regarding no exit number in the circle(roundabout)Not a big deal but does mean you don't know what exit to take unless you have the voice guidance on.

yeah exactly, and since like I said my voice stuff isn't working, it leaves my out in the cold somewhat - I can't really use these modes if I don't know where I'm going...

with regards to the second question I asked, I would still like to know the answer to this even if my voice stuff was working since I'm not a massive fan of voice instructions anyway... (often I use the nav for places that I know but still want the time of arrival and the like ;))

any ideas folkes?

This will work fine but I would suggest using a different image

I agree, not the choice I would make for myself. I have found that I don't need to look at the TMC events very often which is why I put the link in the Quick menu in the first place.

I will have new TMC code ready soon which includes, among other features, event based voice warnings and visual references.

The Voice warnings announce "TMC type" "Ahead" Ie "accident ahead", "blocked road ahead" ect. The stock code will only announce "Traffic Jam Ahead" even if it it something like an accident.

The Visual references allow you to click on the TMC event on the map screen and it will show a pop-up with all the event details. Also a text box on the map screen shows the details on the nearest Tmc Event along your route.

Check out the Aussie thread for all the details

Just tested and yes it fixes the whole TMC bug! Works like a charm now. Will up fixed EU version so Alex can replace the bugged version! Thnx again 34by151!!

You may want to check the code my Aussie version as it switches the functions between TMC and MSN. this way the version is not TMC specific.

Cheers

34by151

Hey 34by151 hoping for you new TMC code! i wouldl really see the traffic on my route or some visual indication of the current situation. My biggest complain is that when you go to you TMC list you see alle the trafic informtion. and de situation for your route are on top. but you only know wich are for you if you know you route/roads there is no mark in the list to split this infromation.

Cheers

Just installed Merten´s latest.

Everything works great.

Can confirm the need for deleting the save folder...Voice did not work, after deletion of the files it worked

One question (easy probably) How do I get the program to work in my own language again (Dutch) Now the whole of IGO is English, the rest is Dutch. must be some setting (in the sys.txt), what must be the value for Dutch? Or can I define this in the application somewhere?

Edit,

posted to fast sry, just change the langiage settings to another language and then back solved this.

yeah exactly, and since like I said my voice stuff isn't working, it leaves my out in the cold somewhat - I can't really use these modes if I don't know where I'm going...

with regards to the second question I asked, I would still like to know the answer to this even if my voice stuff was working since I'm not a massive fan of voice instructions anyway... (often I use the nav for places that I know but still want the time of arrival and the like ;))

any ideas folkes?

I *believe* the GPSpara files are in the APL2/iGo directory.

The voice stuff I have a feeling will take care of itself once you delete the save files. There is only one time that the nav will come unmuted when working correctly and that is when a phone call comes in over bluetooth once the call is over. There is nothing I can do about that.

Thanks,

Alex

I have also noticed this issue regarding no exit number in the circle(roundabout)Not a big deal but does mean you don't know what exit to take unless you have the voice guidance on.

I will add it into the other screens. I think its just the speedo and maybe the digi speedo. I will look into it though. It should be on the standard nav screen just fine.

I will add it into the other screens. I think its just the speedo and maybe the digi speedo. I will look into it though. It should be on the standard nav screen just fine.

Thanks very much Alex.On mine it is relating to the split screen mode.