AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V2.3 - UPDATED: 01/14/10

Hey 34by151 hoping for you new TMC code! i wouldl really see the traffic on my route or some visual indication of the current situation. My biggest complain is that when you go to you TMC list you see alle the trafic informtion. and de situation for your route are on top. but you only know wich are for you if you know you route/roads there is no mark in the list to split this infromation.

So as not to hijack things please read the Australian Map Update Thread, Last 4-5 pages I think. Most of what you ask is covered there. The visual indications are already included, read the thread for the detail on the rest.

Cheers

34by151

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These mods were tested and made on a US based F90BT running 3.01.   I did a lot of coding on this to make additions and adaptations to what was there but the original mods are done by the following

Posted Images

Thanks for saying you'll update the exit number in the blue circles :) - not been on this forum long so do you just add it to a to-do list then release v2.4 or something?

On a side note, I'm having trouble getting my UK TTS voice (Serena) to work, have you made any mods which hard code Samantha to be the voice? (then again, I have tried Samantha and she doesn't talk either...) - I have deleted the contents of the save file and all that but only my standard (non-TTS) voice works...

BTW: I have just downloaded the latest UK SpeedCameras spb file, would that be any good to share with people who's 12 months free has run out? happy to share and help if I can :) - Maybe add to the Merten version if OK? I used the official POIbase tool and ticked all of the UK boxes and downloaded, it put it on an SD card with a testmode folder for me but I assume we can just put it into the file system as is?

I assume you can just chuck this in the folder instead of the .spud file?

SpeedcamUpdates.spb.zip

Hhhhmmm, strange thing TMC events showed in red on my map before I installed the Mod, now they are blue or black.

Thats not just with the colour schemes Diaftia provided, but also with my old schemes.

Any thoughts? Looks like this mod handles TMC events different to stock and othe mods.

In the meantime I try changig the schemes by setting all TMC events to 248,0,0 let's see if that helps.

Jörg

actually, i don't know how useful that speedcam file i shared is, i loaded it onto the nav in the "proper" way and then what ended up in the folder was:

speedcam.spdb

speedcamupdates.spb

SpeedcamUpdates.spud

so not quite sure on the whole thing, are spud files and spdb files generated by the system?

actually, i don't know how useful that speedcam file i shared is, i loaded it onto the nav in the "proper" way and then what ended up in the folder was:

speedcam.spdb

speedcamupdates.spb

SpeedcamUpdates.spud

so not quite sure on the whole thing, are spud files and spdb files generated by the system?

.SPDB -- generated by the system from the camera .TXT file. Same content as the TXT file, just compressed/optimized for iGO's use.

.SPUD -- cameras manually entered/edited through iGO interface itself.

Wow great mod!! I been away since updating to 3.0 in september and you guys made some huge progress.

I have a few questions though, what happened to the 'simulate route' button or 'flyover' options?

I ask because i have building files from 2.0 dated 8/09 and 1/09 but I only see landmarks when i zoom out and back into chicago area. I'm wondering if its because i'm zooming rather than simulating.

BTW I just copied my older building files to the buildings folder.

Is it ok for me to do the 2009.6 maps upgrade after installing this mod or should that have been done first?

I am having a strange issue with the latest version. Occasionally when the unit turns on it shows the loading screen (like it normally does), the XM screen appears then it flashes back to the booting screen for a second or two and the screen goes blank. Usually, if I wait long enough the destination menu of the gps shows up, except it shows an MSN Direct button (I have the version w/o MSN). If I click the screen it selects something on the XM screen.

At this point, either I can just press the back button and everything is ok, other times it stays on the XM screen with the top bar missing and I can't switch to anything else (I can control the XM though). The only solution is a reboot.

WTH is going on? I don't even know if it was this latest update or if it has to do with the XM addon I just purchased. Also, when I select destination normally the MSN direct doesn't show up.

[attachment=0]0118101147.jpg[/attachment]

That is something specific to your unit. Depending on what mods you have done in the past things can start acting weird. If all else fails you can restore to an original config then load my mods again. I would start with deleting the save files and see how it behaves.

I think this is a avic thing my 900 did before doing any mods. Normally just waiting a min then tapping the screen brings it back to normal.

I do have to say - it's again a wonderful addition. I came home yesterday and found 15 or 20 pages of new posts. Went through them all, even the ones with references to European units. I thought the 'opaque' wording was for a reason, but I'm glad to see it changed to the correct 'transparent.'

I downloaded and I installed this version this morning. After a short 20 mile drive around, it's GRRREAT! Everything so far seems good. I'll advise if I find anything of interest that should be looked at. Again Alex, thanks.

Wow great mod!! I been away since updating to 3.0 in september and you guys made some huge progress.

I have a few questions though, what happened to the 'simulate route' button or 'flyover' options?

I ask because i have building files from 2.0 dated 8/09 and 1/09 but I only see landmarks when i zoom out and back into chicago area. I'm wondering if its because i'm zooming rather than simulating.

BTW I just copied my older building files to the buildings folder.

Is it ok for me to do the 2009.6 maps upgrade after installing this mod or should that have been done first?

You need a license file to go along with the building files. They wont just appear by adding them in. You also need the license.

To simulate a route you have to have one programmed in. Then you go to the quick menu and click route > route From there you will see a simulate and flyover options with replay controls.

You can do the maps at any time as long as you have the hacked ezrider.exe and associated license file. In all cases remember to add the license file and never replace it.