AVIC411.com

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kleenkut13, before the update or after the update, you will just need to ground 2 wires. The only difference between pre-update and post update is for units made in June 06 and before. You can ground the 2 wires before the update if you want to or after, what ever you want to do. You might want to try wiping out the phone and repairing it with lower volume on the headset, that helped mine before doing the cd update.

Great input from you all but I've been on the squeamish side because I don't have the time to mess around with this too much so I called Pioneer for a CD (800-421-1404). They very quickly said "Yes" and didn't even ask for my serial number, just my address. That was two days ago. It came today and I followed the instructions (attached in 2 JPEG's for two pages). High hopes were dashed by the update not working but I will keep at it. My issue with the Pioneer supplied CD is that I hit MAP, stick in CD, get the "checking disc.. please wait" and then a screen with "Start Update?" and a YES and NO button (only) comes up, both available. I hit YES and it breifly says checking disc and then displays the screen in step 5 of the instructions with "Start Update?" along with the other text in the screen shot of the instructions but the YES button is grayed out. I waited 20 minuyes the first time (got my car cleaned up) and it stayed there so I hit NO and it went back to the map. Tried the process again without the long wait and same thing so I'm calling Pioneer again tomorrow to continue the adventure.

Later,

Digxrayguy

post-2126-12872751372774_thumb.jpg

post-2126-12872751376253_thumb.jpg

Another quick note, I just compared my Pioneer supplied CD to the DIR DucatiBoy posted and it's exactly the same. Just an FYI.

Digxrayguy

:roll: Ahhh who posted ?????

You did! You are the man. Sorry people are making me steal your thunder. LeonPhelps was the guy who posted the CD. Leon is the MAN!

For those who can't get the update to work, even after following all the steps:

That was me. I tried everything - different media, different burn speeds, different programs (Nero and ISO Burner)... nothing seemed to work.

I ended up getting the update to work by doing a combination of things... so I'm not sure which of the things I did actually solved the problem.

1) I burned the data to a DVD-R

2) I used Roxio

3) I used a different computer (different brand of CD/DVD writer)

So, one or the combination of those solved my problem.

I have a September 2006 unit, and the 2-wire bypass still works, the Bluetooth echo is greatly reduced, and the Z1 is as good as ever.

I just installed my 2 Wire Bypass and it's a awesome! The installers had it initially wired it the "proper" way and it sucked bad (locks). I rewired it myself following Duccatiboy's directions. :D I hated having to pull over and press my parking break everytime.

BLUETOOTH UPDATE:

I did a level 3 reset (to clear out phone) first then I just tried to update and my Avic Z1 and the unit said that this update is already installed. So I then lowered my Treo 650 listening volume and repaired phone. Sounds great. I guess it is safe to assume that the Oct-06 units have already been updated coming from the factory. I hope this info is helpful.

Kleenkut13

The Software update is a "ISO" file. This is an image file that needs to be burned to either a CD or a DVD using any CD/DVD burning software that allows for ISO files.

I used "My DVD" software application to burn the files to a CD. That's right, a CD. Load the CD into the Z1 and hit the menu key, The Z1 will boot it up from there, follow the Z1's on-screen instructions. The Z1 will automatically shut down and restart by itself, then reset the unit one more time.