AVIC411.com

New Avic-X920BT and Avic-Z120BT User Manuals!!!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes very likely, with the previous Z series, Pioneer carried the same hardware unit for almost five years. They updated the software with every yearly map upgrade bringing a new model number with it each time. So it is assumed that along with the release of the Z120BT, we will get the same software in the first map upgrade bringing the 110 up to a 120.

In your opinion, this update will include ALL of the updates on the new Z120BT/X920BT and essentially make the Z110BT into the 2010 model? What I am worried about is whether it will have the new 3d GUI with the scrolling and such. The new XM/Sirius interface. I assumed the Musicsphere and Pandora would be added but I am wondering if it will have all the other 'stuff' too? I wish I knew for sure. If I did, I would be going after the Z110BT right now.It just seems like such a huge variance in alot of ways. I was also wondering if these new units sported exactly the same voice recognition software as the Z110BT or is it upgraded too? I looked over both user manuals and it does look very similar but I want to make sure. I guess there probably is no way to be certain until these new units actually hit the market tho. It is a crying shame these units didn't include the same FM tuner as the new dvd line from Pioneer with the ITunes tagging and RDS tuner. I'm disappointed but, with all the other nice features of these new units and the fact I listen to radio less all the time, I think I can live with it.

I searched "avic-z120BT only" and these are the things that the X920BT can't do:

1. Adjusting the LCD Panel Angle

2. Setting the detailed City Map - You can select whether to display city maps in certain metropolitian areas. The city map is displayed when the map scale is .05miles (50meters) or less.

3. Displaying 3D Landmarks

4. Selecting the video for rear display

Apparently these are the differences between the units with the Z having the advantage.

From what I understand, the Z120BT is the Z110BT with new software preloaded.

If that's the case I hope I can update my Z110BT to a Z120BT for free or for a small fee. I just purchased my Z110BT this Christmas and I'm not going to be happy if my unit is outdated this soon.

I expect for it to be the same price as the previous Z's.... Like CamelTowing mentioned...

In which you may be able to find on a torrent <--- I didn't say that

My concern is how will this unit be updated... CD/DVD or SD card... I 1sm001pray.gif for the DVD method.... I enjoyed upgrading my Z2 foooor freeeeeeeeee... <--[insert]Adam Sandler (BedTime Stories) voice[/insert]

From what I understand, the Z120BT is the Z110BT with new software preloaded.

If that's the case I hope I can update my Z110BT to a Z120BT for free or for a small fee. I just purchased my Z110BT this Christmas and I'm not going to be happy if my unit is outdated this soon.

It wil likely be included with a map upgrade which will cost you. There not going to allow you to upgrade from a 2009 model to a 2010 model without it costing you.