AVIC411.com

How Long Does Voice Catloging Normally Take?

I'm not sure how the problem bit and I are having can't reside with the units? Like I said, I tried my friends iPhone with 3.1.2 and that doesn't work. So it's not just my phone. And it won't sync my fully loaded 5th gen iPod after 5+ minutes.

So the probability that Unit is Defective > My Bad iPhone + My Bad iPod + My Friend's Bad iPhone

I'll try VR cataloging more of my friends' iPhones over time to truly isolate the problem, but for now it's looking like it's the Z.

I still like the unit and enjoy it a lot and don't regret my purchase, just a bit bummed out that it's not working 100% correctly. (And even if there is some secret solution, I as a consumer shouldn't have to hunt around for it through hours of trial & error.)

But I'm fine with waiting for an upgrade and have no issues paying money for it. Pioneer needs to feed their families, too. :)

(And I forgot to note earlier, I am making sure I am hitting OK on the map screen first thing when I get in the car.)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is more of an apples to oranges. Every non jailbroken 3.1.3 iPhone and touch has exhibited the same behavior. These are devices synced with different computers and units that have different owners. I have tested 5 such iPhone/touches. At this point I am inclined to say this is either 3.1.3 or the z. If I knew someone with a older version os I would test that. The manual states however that the latest supported iPhone is a 3G with 2.1.2. So Pioneer is fairly outdated in their support matrix. By almost more than a year.

This is more of an apples to oranges. Every non jailbroken 3.1.3 iPhone and touch has exhibited the same behavior. These are devices synced with different computers and units that have different owners. I have tested 5 such iPhone/touches. At this point I am inclined to say this is either 3.1.3 or the z. If I knew someone with a older version os I would test that. The manual states however that the latest supported iPhone is a 3G with 2.1.2. So Pioneer is fairly outdated in their support matrix. By almost more than a year.

I've tried it with a 3.1.2 phone and it didn't work. I'm going to try right now syncing my iPhone 3.1.3 and unticking the "Video" option, see what that does ...

Again.. have you tried the previously suggested suggestions?

Yes all of the suggestions:

reloading iphone

reloading itunes and iphone

clicking OK on the navigation screen before music operation

None of these work. I have about 23gb of music / video and it takes nearly 40 mins for VR to catalog it all, and then It does it all again even if I have not added anything to the iPhone.

Well I tried like hell tonight to try and recreate this issue and after an hour of testing I was unable to duplicate what you guys are seeing. I have one of the earliest units that was released sense I got it within the first week they were available and I have the same software version as you guys. I really think you guys should consider replacing your units as defective. At this point, there is no indication this is a common problem with the unit.

Yes, resetting these things can do wonders at times... One thing I figured I would ask which might have been overlooked or maybe even a redundant question. Please don't get insulted by me asking this. What IPod cable are you using? I am wondering if all these issues could be from either not using an adapter cable or using the wrong one (non Pioneer recommended). I hope it helps someone.

Yes, resetting these things can do wonders at times... One thing I figured I would ask which might have been overlooked or maybe even a redundant question. Please don't get insulted by me asking this. What IPod cable are you using? I am wondering if all these issues could be from either not using an adapter cable or using the wrong one (non Pioneer recommended). I hope it helps someone.

Good thought; I'm using the officially recommended Pio iPod cable.

VB, if I reset the unit, I assume I lose pretty much all my settings and need to re-do them all; however, I also have component speakers & subwoofer connected as well - on top of HD radio, XM, and MSN -- will resetting possibly interfere with any of these connections? Also, I have the steering wheel connector, would I have to re-map all those functions?

VBlue is of course the man to ask.... But from what I know... all your accessories will remain intact, as their memories are stored on their own....

Things to expect to lose on the Navi... is all you volume settings...EQ... Paired phones and it's contact list..rear-view camera settings.... and subwoofer settings....

Steering wheel...XM...HD.. should all stay the same... I don't know about Nav traffic...but I would expect for it to store it's own settings as well...

There are four different reset routines with this unit. I would say focus on the one that deals with the AV functions primarily. If that doesn't work, do them all. As far as your accessories, I do know that that the settings for the XM tuner are stored in the tuner itself. Really the only setting I wouldn't want to loose there is the stored MEMOs and they are saved in the tuner. Presets on the other hand I believe are in the unit. I believe the same goes for the MSN tuner as well. I don't have HD so I cant say for sure but I don't see why that would be different. You certainly don't have to worry about the PAC module. Those settings are in the module.