AVIC411.com

How Long Does Voice Catloging Normally Take?

Are both of you now getting this to work without problem. If so we need to narrow down exactly what solution you have come up with to eliminate the issue so I can create and sticky the solution for anyone else that may have this problem. Please keep this thread updated.

Here are the parameters with which I got it to work:

1. Turn on unit, ensure that you are on map screen at boot so you can press "OK."

2. Ensure that VR Catalog is currently set to "ON." I am not sure if this would work if you activated after start-up or connection of your iPhone, I just know that is how it was set for me.

3. Have your iPhone unlocked (as in simply swiping so that the phone is "active") and set to the iPod function. I went as far as to be on a "Now Playing" screen, though not sure if this is necessary. (Note: iPhone was *not* playing music, simply set to the iPod function.)

4. Allow the unit to scan the iPhone. I have ~1,000 songs on my iPhone and the full scan took 8-10 minutes.

5. Verify that the scan works by testing a few artists albums.

6. Upon subsequent re-connections of your iPhone to the unit, I am not sure if you need to replicate having the iPhone "active" and on the iPod screen, or if you can just plug it in unlocked. I haven't tested that yet as I'm not too eager to test my luck just yet. ;) But when I reconnect my iPhone the scan update takes only a few seconds and all VR artist/album commands work fine.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Alright if you can start a new thread about this I will sticky it. I may edit some of the wording or the title to ensure people can find the thread.

I'll do that right now. Additionally I'll test whether subsequent VR catalog runs where no data has been modified in between can be instant without unlocking the iPhone before connecting it.

I'll edit this with the new post topic to lock in a few mins.

UPDATE: VBLUE42, the instruction thread I just created is viewtopic.php?f=58&t=31136#p210273. It is in the Troubleshooting section for the Z110BT.

I will add more testing data as I obtain it on Monday.

Just to update, I got it to update no problem just plugging it in without swiping the iPhone into active mode.

Seems like the trick is whenever you update the iPhone with more songs, you need to swipe it and set it to iPod and let it re-run a full scan. Upon adding more music to my iPhone it again took about 8-10 minutes to scan.

After that, just hook it up as normal and it will quickly scan.

I think part of my initial problem was after the scan I would turn off VR Catalog so I wouldn't have to sit through re-scans, and that was losing all my info.

Are you hitting the map OK button before you attempt the VR?

Yes. I make sure to do that as a best practice every time I start the car. In fact, I even make sure I go back to "Map" mode when I turn the car off so that the OK screen is the first thing that I see after the unit finishing booting.