AVIC411.com

How Long Does Voice Catloging Normally Take?

Well I tried like hell tonight to try and recreate this issue and after an hour of testing I was unable to duplicate what you guys are seeing. I have one of the earliest units that was released sense I got it within the first week they were available and I have the same software version as you guys. I really think you guys should consider replacing your units as defective. At this point, there is no indication this is a common problem with the unit.

Did you try the test with an iPhone 3g/3gs with 3.1.2 or higher. I know my unit does not exibit these problems with an older iPod nano. Btw I am using the Pioneer iPod cable.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On as in already playing music, or swiped as in "unlocked," or simply powered on?

As in I unlocked the device out of standby and selected the iPod application but did not start music playing. I then connected to the HU.

I'll give that a go. Did you have VR Catalog already turned to "On" or did you connect it with VR "Off" and then switch it "On"?

And do you have to connect it that way every time now so that the VR works or was it just that one time?

UPDATE: Brilliant! Worked. Took about 8-10 min to run the first scan, but turned off my car, unplugged and then turned on the car again and plugged in my iPhone and the scan only took about 15 seconds.

Have you found you need to always have the iPhone on the iPod "Now Playing" screen on subsequent connections to have the scan run quickly? I did it when I attached it just to be safe, but if this isn't necessary with subsequent connections that would be great.

On as in already playing music, or swiped as in "unlocked," or simply powered on?

As in I unlocked the device out of standby and selected the iPod application but did not start music playing. I then connected to the HU.

I'll give that a go. Did you have VR Catalog already turned to "On" or did you connect it with VR "Off" and then switch it "On"?

And do you have to connect it that way every time now so that the VR works or was it just that one time?

UPDATE: Brilliant! Worked. Took about 8-10 min to run the first scan, but turned off my car, unplugged and then turned on the car again and plugged in my iPhone and the scan only took about 15 seconds.

Have you found you need to always have the iPhone on the iPod "Now Playing" screen on subsequent connections to have the scan run quickly? I did it when I attached it just to be safe, but if this isn't necessary with subsequent connections that would be great.

Not sure on that. I'll have to test it out. Glad this worked out for you.

Are both of you now getting this to work without problem. If so we need to narrow down exactly what solution you have come up with to eliminate the issue so I can create and sticky the solution for anyone else that may have this problem. Please keep this thread updated.

Here's one to test.... and in which we've probably all over looked...

I have a JB'en Iphone.... I have Kirakae installed, which is more like an (alt-tab) or (command-tab) type application... Some use it along with the Backgrounder app to have "multi-tasking".... How-ever I don't use Backgrounder for battery reasons... and mainly use it for a "task manager" or "alt-tab" for quick app switching....

Point being... the IPhone actually does "multi-task"... even stock... the Kirakae app shows this, as you can see any current apps running... even at the home screen...

Springboard...Phone... and Mail(at least if using any "push" account)... are always running on an Iphone... Ipod app will always run as well once fired up, until a reboot... then it will not run, at least until you first fire up the IPod app...

Under "normal" use... the IPod app should pretty much "always" be running... But if your springboard, or Iphone/Ipod was crashing in any way(in between you hooking it up to your Avic) (or even rebooting)then I could see this being a contributing factor to this issue....

I will test a little more to see if this indeed what's going on....

For example... and doing my best to do a VBlue42'ish vid.... :D

I'm not good at explaining stuff... :oops:

Clicky for vid