AVIC411.com

Abb's New 'CHROME THEME' --RADICAL UPDATE V1.5--May 23

Just let us know when its up, i can't wait to try it!! :):)

Just when I thought it was all done, I found a few small glitches that needed to be fixed. It will be up shortly, I want to make sure that it is 100% though, as like I said, I don't have time to troubleshoot

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just let us know when its up, i can't wait to try it!! :):)

Just when I thought it was all done, I found a few small glitches that needed to be fixed. It will be up shortly, I want to make sure that it is 100% though, as like I said, I don't have time to troubleshoot

Abb.Just want to say thanks for all your work.Now that we have lost IDT and other modders have gone very quiet :) It is great you are developing into a modder in your own right.

Well, a buddy of mine said that my Chrome theme was awesome, but it had too much of a resemblance to my other themes. I dedcided to change that. You can download the update on the original download on the first post and follow the same instructions. Please give me your comments as that is what is keeping me posting these mods, otherwise, I would just be doing these for myself. Here are some pics

New Ipod Theme - No More Wheel!

cr10.jpg

New Icons

cr11.jpg

More new Icons

cr12.jpg

New Title Icons

cr13.jpg

Holy Shit my friend, I thought this was uncharted territory? I didn't think you could change the radio side. This is an awesome upgrade to your theme. You always impress me, bro.

It leads me to ask something I asked Alex awhile back, if you can change the wheel can you also add buttons above the Playlists, Genres, Artists buttons to toggle thorough the EQ presets? Alex said no and I'm sure he is correct but I wanted to throw it out there because I hate having to toggle the one "EQ"button to go from Powerful to Vocal or all the way through to Super Bass. If you could add the buttons over the top of the existing ones it would be very convenient and much safer, I think.

post-30542-12872762144938_thumb.jpg

Or even if you could make the EQ button like your menu button on the nav side, where it would bring up the buttons for each preset for 5 seconds and then the disappear, that would be mind blowing, although it looks like there is room above the existing buttons, if the new ones have a small footprint.

and while you are on your radical streak of geniusness I would also like to be able to;

press the album art or album name and bring up all songs on the album

press the artist's name to bring up all albums by the artist

this would do for now... :mrgreen:

Holy Shit my friend, I thought this was uncharted territory? I didn't think you could change the radio side. This is an awesome upgrade to your theme. You always impress me, bro.

Sadly Alex is correct, you can't create new features in the APL\* apps yet. You can only change the way the radio controls look by editing the pictures inside APL\image.res. You can't create new buttons or change the way the existing buttons behave without changing the code inside the programs themselves (no event handlers).

Sadly Alex is correct, you can't create new features in the APL\* apps yet. You can only change the way the radio controls look by editing the pictures inside APL\image.res. You can't create new buttons or change the way the existing buttons behave without changing the code inside the programs themselves (no event handlers).

Ahh, I was afraid of that. Sad news but thanks for the reply.

Hey Abb,

I know you dont use the Voice Command feature, but can you point me to where i can find the button code for the Volume dial. I have been trying to find the mapping for the dial button when pushed, it loads up the Voice Command option. I wanted to change that feature to the phone icon you have on the map on a long hold.

Just not sure where i would find that code that loads the Voice Command when its pushed.

Hope you can help...thanks

Hey Abb,

I know you dont use the Voice Command feature, but can you point me to where i can find the button code for the Volume dial. I have been trying to find the mapping for the dial button when pushed, it loads up the Voice Command option. I wanted to change that feature to the phone icon you have on the map on a long hold.

Just not sure where i would find that code that loads the Voice Command when its pushed.

Hope you can help...thanks

I do not think that is doable, as the voice command section is in an entire different section of coding that I dont believe can be linked to the NAV section

This theme will work on z110bt??

No, The Z110 is not moddible, The only Avics that can be modded are the X series (except the new X920BT) and the F series. If the Z110 was capable of being modded, I would own one :)

I finally got around to applying this theme and it more than exceeded my expectations. It looks great on the AVIC and matches my black interior better than anything I had in the past. Thanks abb, great work. That iPod wheel image makes it look actually functional and it reminds me of an old WinAmp skin I use to have. Really impressive. My unit is on that iPod screen 90% of the time so I love it. Every time I make an update to this unit I feel like I bought a new car, this update is by far the most visible change I've made so far.

One hopefully small request: Image 746_32K_AV-106_32b is the iPod background image for all of the song text. When I view the image by itself on my computer the glass bubble emphasis towards the bottom looks amazing and gives the whole image a 3D feel. This effect, though, is lost on the AVIC screen since the resolution simply does not do the image justice and the position between the album text and the progress bar doesn't look right because only the white, top portion of the glass is visible. Everything else is hidden behind the progress bar. The image you posted on the first page shows this.

Would you mind posting this image without that glass emphasis at all? I think it will look better with just the textured background and darkened across the bottom, like a reverse lighting, to make the text stand out better. I can add it to the image.res myself, but I don't think I can make this change using that bmp image. The background around it is too detailed.

Thanks again for the time and work you put into this abb.

I finally got around to applying this theme and it more than exceeded my expectations. It looks great on the AVIC and matches my black interior better than anything I had in the past. Thanks abb, great work. That iPod wheel image makes it look actually functional and it reminds me of an old WinAmp skin I use to have. Really impressive. My unit is on that iPod screen 90% of the time so I love it. Every time I make an update to this unit I feel like I bought a new car, this update is by far the most visible change I've made so far.

One hopefully small request: Image 746_32K_AV-106_32b is the iPod background image for all of the song text. When I view the image by itself on my computer the glass bubble emphasis towards the bottom looks amazing and gives the whole image a 3D feel. This effect, though, is lost on the AVIC screen since the resolution simply does not do the image justice and the position between the album text and the progress bar doesn't look right because only the white, top portion of the glass is visible. Everything else is hidden behind the progress bar. The image you posted on the first page shows this.

Would you mind posting this image without that glass emphasis at all? I think it will look better with just the textured background and darkened across the bottom, like a reverse lighting, to make the text stand out better. I can add it to the image.res myself, but I don't think I can make this change using that bmp image. The background around it is too detailed.

Thanks again for the time and work you put into this abb.

I see what you mean! I overlooked that. I did a fix. Just redownload the original mod