AVIC411.com

*** SOLVED *** Calculated route color in scheme

I have a simple question: What is the parameter to modify to change the navigation color of the calculated route, within COLOR.INI or COLOR3D.INI? What is the different usage between the two files? Sometime the COLOR3D.INI is not present for a scheme.

I am using GJ2.1_Night_sky2 scheme, very nice but the calculated route during navigation is BLACK, very hard to read, especially at night.

Thank you for any help.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is what I got so far, from a website, but I can't find anything related to the calculated routed.

What are letters "i" to "r" for? Anyone can shed more light on it???

Create your own color scheme

In a previous article we have downloaded a new color scheme file named karl.zip. Now we want to make some modifications to this file. First of all we copy this file to the pc and rename the file from karl.zip to myscheme.zip. Next step is to unzip this file, this zip file containes following files:

color.ini

texture.bmp

texture.spr

If we open the color.ini in a text editor then we see at first the following lines

[iNFO]

name="Karl"

night=0

The value for variable name is the name we see in Mio or in IGo, lets change this name in name="mycolormap", the lines look like this:

[iNFO]

name="mycolormap"

night=0

When we look further then we see lines such as:

a = "0_int", 255, 255, 0

A = "0_ext", 255, 0, 0

The first letter identifies the type of road, lowercase stands for inside color, uppercase stands for outside color. The 3 numbers represent the color in RGB, 255,255,0 = yellow and 255,0,0 = red. We can see on the picture that the highway in the Karl scheme is yellow with a red line on the outside. Suppose we want to change the motorway color in a special green color, this color is 153,255,153. Now we change the lines to:

a = "0_int", 153, 255, 153

A = "0_ext", 255, 0, 0

Road types:

a = motorway, autobahn

b = U roads, U- und Europastrasse (aber nicht Autobahn bzw Schnellstrasse)

c = highway/federal highways, K-roads, bundesstrasse

d = highways, large major roads, bundesstrasse

e = road K and U, ausserort Verbindungsstrasse

f = connecting roads within the city, innerorts Nebenstrasse

g = one-way streets, verbindungsweg

h = side streets - city center, nebenstrasse in der Stadt

i - r = ?

s = highway, schnellstrasse

u = unpaved roads, nicht asphaltiert

v = poor road, slechtes

z = pedestrian precinct, fussgaengerzone

I also do see those parameters within the color.ini file, but can't associated the black planned route, which should be around RGB(0,0,0) to any of them.

planned_road = "",0,200,0

planned_road_ext = "",200,255,200

planned_road_alt2 = "",0,255,0

planned_road_alt1 = "",255,0,0

planned_road_alt3 = "",0,0,255

planned_road_alt4 = "",255,255,0

planned_road_alt5 = "",0,255,255

planned_road_visited = "",70,100,26

planned_road_visited_ext = "",100,36,13

planned_road_future = "",0,150,0

planned_road_future_ext = "",120,45,16

planned_road_prohibited = "",120,0,0

planned_road_prohibited_ext = "",120,0,0

planned_road_inactive = "",0,80,80

planned_road_inactive_ext = "",0,80,80

I have a simple question: What is the parameter to modify to change the navigation color of the calculated route, within COLOR.INI or COLOR3D.INI? What is the different usage between the two files? Sometime the COLOR3D.INI is not present for a scheme.

I am using GJ2.1_Night_sky2 scheme, very nice but the calculated route during navigation is BLACK, very hard to read, especially at night.

Thank you for any help.

Well, planned_road_whatever should be parameters for the calculated route color.

COLOR3D.INI file is a separate file with colors (as well as building visibility, car model etc. parameters) defined when you are in 3D mode. If it is not present, values from COLOR.INI are used.

Well, planned_road_whatever should be parameters for the calculated route color.

That is what I thought so it is logic that the parameter should be planned_road_future= (i.e. not visited yet), but with the night scheme GJ2.1_Night_sky2.ZIP, the planned route that I see in the AVIC HU is really black, so its RGB should be (0,0,0), but in the color.ini file, I got [planned_road_future = "",0,150,0], which is green.

And how about [planned_road = "",0,200,0], that should also be green but can't see in the AVIC?

That is what I thought so it is logic that the parameter should be planned_road_future= (i.e. not visited yet), but with the night scheme GJ2.1_Night_sky2.ZIP, the planned route that I see in the AVIC HU is really black, so its RGB should be (0,0,0), but in the color.ini file, I got [planned_road_future = "",0,150,0], which is green.

And how about [planned_road = "",0,200,0], that should also be green but can't see in the AVIC?

Strange... You don't have any external files that could be overriding it? Also, G=150 is darkish green...

Strange... You don't have any external files that could be overriding it? Also, G=150 is darkish green...

Yeah, that is why I can't really understand, hence advise of an expert is needed here. Our schemes master DPdurst told me that it has been a long time, so he has to take time before he can answer me, if he has time :? ...

Any other expert out there ???

Gurjon has a color ini utility. I played with a little a few months ago, but did not actually test on the unit. Also, most all the schemes here were created by members from other IGO forums. Primarily we modified them to work with Pioneer's branded version of IGO. Unfortunately most of the people that created the various schemes floating around are either French, Italian, Russian, Turkish, etc....

Here's the download link to the gurjon utility: http://www.gurjon.com/download/index.ph ... r_v1.1.rar

Thank you N-S-E-W. The download works.

However, I already has a similar editor. I thought that Gurjon has something that can translate or associate plain english to color, such as "Major Route exterior color" = RGB(x,y,z) ... I must be dreaming!!! :lol:

I PM Diaftia, will see what he has to say.

Thank you N-S-E-W. The download works.

However, I already has a similar editor. I thought that Gurjon has something that can translate or associate plain english to color, such as "Major Route exterior color" = RGB(x,y,z) ... I must be dreaming!!! :lol:

I PM Diaftia, will see what he has to say.

No problem.

Google LeSScro, he the scheme master that created most of the schemes that are used in conjunction with themechanger. Also, visit this site for other scheme authors and their work. Xerses is also very talented at creating themes. http://artwork-igo8.blogspot.com/search/label/scheme

Be warned that if you download any of schemes from that link they can not be loaded on our units unless they're modified first.