AVIC411.com

*** SOLVED *** Calculated route color in scheme

In the common folder there are four color.ini files: day2dcolor.ini, day3dcolor.ini, night2dcolor.ini and night3dcolor.ini.

One would think the schemes would take precedence. Especially given the fact we have a variety of schemes that differ from each other. I believe the only reason those are there is so the system can boot if the schemes folder somehow got corrupted.

yes, but when you change the colors in the color.ini file in the scheme, it has no effect on the color in the map. Knowing this information, how would you change the colour of the ground or the color of a major road?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In the common folder there are four color.ini files: day2dcolor.ini, day3dcolor.ini, night2dcolor.ini and night3dcolor.ini.

One would think the schemes would take precedence. Especially given the fact we have a variety of schemes that differ from each other. I believe the only reason those are there is so the system can boot if the schemes folder somehow got corrupted.

yes, but when you change the colors in the color.ini file in the scheme, it has no effect on the color in the map. Knowing this information, how would you change the colour of the ground or the color of a major road?

Instead of quoting Chucks post, I was just replying to his question to Boris whether there could be another color.ini file somewhere. I found the four in the common folder, which in no way should interfere with changing the colors in a scheme.

I'm trying to help out here. I am not an expert regarding changing the way colors are displayed within a scheme. Not sure if Specter is still around, but he created a red and blue scheme. Maybe try to PM him. He might have an email alert set to incoming PM's.

Yeah, that was my problem and the reason for this thread. Seems that Abb and VBLUE42 would like to have an answer to this question too.

Boris, you suspect that there is another color.ini in the iGo folder. This is not possible because iGo could not combine settings from both files (i.e. some setting in our modified color.ini are correctly taken, according to changes).

Anyone :?::twisted::!:

Actually it can. If there is an unzipped file in a correct location, settings there override same settings in a currently selected ZIP file. THat's how I have pioneer.ini sitting outside so I don't need to worry about a DATA.ZIP having a software bypass applied. There's the clip_planes.ini that overrides individual color scheme's settings, etc.

As an experiment, I'd try removing those colorXXX.ini files and checking if schemes work after that or not.

Yeah, my understanding is that it takes only one file, and priority is given to the outside unzipped file. In your case for the pioneer.ini, it will either taken the outside one (unzipped) or the one in DATA.zip, but not taking some parameters from the file outside, and some others from file within the zip.

Am I wrong? Then iGo8 is reading both files and take the parameters settings that it wants?

Yeah, my understanding is that it takes only one file, and priority is given to the outside unzipped file. In your case for the pioneer.ini, it will either taken the outside one (unzipped) or the one in DATA.zip, but not taking some parameters from the file outside, and some others from file within the zip.

Am I wrong? Then iGo8 is reading both files and take the parameters settings that it wants?

As I understand (might be mistaken, of course), if the outside file has only a subset of settings, only those will override settings in a zipped file.

I.e, I know this works for clip_planes.ini: there is an (optional) clip_planes setting in color.ini (or color3d.ini since it is specific to 3D map mode). That's why different color schemes give you different visibility of 3D buildings, from barely visibly (Pioneer's default scheme, or most schemes without a clip_planes section) to somewhat visible to cover your route visible. But if you extract clip_planes settings you like and put them in an outside file, it will override building visibility regardless of a scheme you are running. It might work the same way for route colors, too.

Well, my friend from the land of corruption, what you are saying actually DOES make sense, thank you :lol: .

However, since when changing schemes, the colors in the map are actually changing, so it must be a difference between each scheme, just how the heck in the world I can isolate the real settings that make the changes?

Hmmmm, don't know if I can experiment the schemes switching in the AVIC Emulator ... any idea?

Well, my friend from the land of corruption, what you are saying actually DOES make sense, thank you :lol: .

However, since when changing schemes, the colors in the map are actually changing, so it must be a difference between each scheme, just how the heck in the world I can isolate the real settings that make the changes?

Hmmmm, don't know if I can experiment the schemes switching in the AVIC Emulator ... any idea?

Sure, that's how I was testing building and street label visibility settings -- make a bunch of different schemes, and load them in the emulator.

Well, I am finally getting somewhere! the 'color.ini' does change the colors, it is just hard to figure out which combination to change to get what you want. I am working on making a few schemes using the colors that I want from 2 or 3 schemes. I have some EXCELLENT backgrounds made and hoping that I can combine them making an original scheme for my mod. Oh well, this will definately tie up my weekend, hopefully, I will get results that I will be satisfied with.

Anything that you can share with me, I am looking desperately the way to change the planned route of my night scheme, which is now black. However, in my color.ini, it say RGB(0,150,0) which is dark green.

I am currently using the GJ2.1_Night_sky2 scheme.

Thanks.

Anything that you can share with me, I am looking desperately the way to change the planned route of my night scheme, which is now black. However, in my color.ini, it say RGB(0,150,0) which is dark green.

I am currently using the GJ2.1_Night_sky2 scheme.

Thanks.

Yeah, that is a weird one. use the GJ2N_sky_v2 scheme. It is identical except that the planned route actually IS green. Use mine because it has the same background as GJ2.1_Night_sky2. Here is a copy:

GJ2N_sky_v2.zip

This is totally beyond my understanding ... the below attached file is the GJ2.1_Night_sky2.ZIP scheme, which differs to Abb's scheme GJ2N_sky_v2.zip (two post above) only by the color.ini.

The only difference is in GJ2.1_Night_sky2.ZIP/color.ini, three sections for [clip_planes] with same parameters but different values are presented while in GJ2N_sky_v2.zip/color.ini, there is only one section of [clip_planes].

NOW THE SURPRISE: In Abb's scheme, the expected GREEN planned_routed is shown, in mine scheme, it is shown as black!!! :?::?::?:

Anyone? :idea::idea:

One of the three [clip_planes] sections, same parameters with different values:

[clip_planes]
; mode, lower bound, upper bound, lower value, upper Value
; mode: 0: by zoom level, 1: by number of cells, 2: by intersect value (0..45)
; values: 0.0 .. 1.0 * 1000 (= 0..1000)

faded_buildings_near = 0, 10, 200, 600, 600
faded_buildings_medium = 0, 10, 200, 650, 650
faded_buildings_far = 0, 10, 200, 750, 750

solid_buildings_near = 0, 95, 100, 1000,980
solid_buildings_medium = 0, 95, 100, 1000,980
solid_buildings_far = 0, 95, 100, 1000,980

landmark = 0 , 1, 50, 1000, 1000

road0 = 2, 0, 45, 1000, 1000
road1 = 2, 0, 45, 1000, 990
road2 = 2, 0, 45, 1000, 980
road3 = 2, 0, 45, 1000, 970
roadsign = 2, 0, 45, 1000, 950

;a ket reszletesebb terrain
terrain0 = 0, 30, 30, 750, 750
terrain1 = 0, 30, 30, 850, 850

;reszletes shapek. Mivel lassu, ezert ne vigyetek tulzasba.
shape0 = 2, 1, 10, 1000, 0

GJ2.1_Night_sky2.ZIP