*** SOLVED *** Calculated route color in scheme

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Abb for sharing.

With reference to your GJ2N_sky_v2.zip night scheme and my V2.1 scheme, I think the stupid three sections of [clip_planes], where the last section has parameters values different from the one of your GJ2N_sky_v2.zip\color.ini, has screw up the iGo software. Exactly how, I don't know.

If I delete the first section and the last section of [clip_planes], I will have the exact same color.ini of your GJ2N_sky_v2.zip.

Sure, that's how I was testing building and street label visibility settings -- make a bunch of different schemes, and load them in the emulator.

Well Boris, I need the GPS signal to be able to enable the planned routed. Any way to simulated there is GPS signal in the Emulator? Can I force to start the routing at a fixed location (i.e. fixed Lat/Long position)?

OK folks,

I consider this issue solved.

Like I said in my previous posts, the V2.1 of the night scheme is having three sections of redundant [clip_planes] parameters, while the V2 of the night scheme is having only one section of [clip_planes] parameters, that is identical to the second (middle) section of V2.1. After I removed sections #1 and #3 from V2.1, both color.ini files are identical except the name of the scheme, which doesn't play any role in the scheme colors.

So my conclusion would be: because of the repeating of the same [clip_planes] parameters, a possible flaw within the iGo8 software prevent from reading other planned_routed_xxxx parameters, thus "default" parameters values are used instead.

And now, I just wondering why the author of both schemes simply added two new [clip_planes] sections and claimed a new revision, they are otherwise identical in all other aspects, and this screws me big time :twisted::twisted::twisted: .

Anyhow, I don't care anymore, I just use the V2 and make modification to it if needed.

I salute everybody that have contributed to the resolution of this problem :D, especially for Abb's post leading me to the conclusion. Thank you very much!!!

Sure, that's how I was testing building and street label visibility settings -- make a bunch of different schemes, and load them in the emulator.

Well Boris, I need the GPS signal to be able to enable the planned routed. Any way to simulated there is GPS signal in the Emulator? Can I force to start the routing at a fixed location (i.e. fixed Lat/Long position)?

Depends on which skin you're running, but pretty much any of them will let you set a start location. Then select any point as destination and do a simulate or flyover. That should show all the planned route colors.