AVIC411.com

*** SOLVED *** Calculated route color in scheme

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah I know that site, the themes and schemes are really for the Mio iGo8, but all questions for support are left unanswered.

They are easy to install in the AVIC. You just have to make some changes depending on the scheme that you are installing. I found though, that they do not quite look like they appear in the pics, maybe it is because I have an AVIC. Probably the reason that queestions are left unanswered is that most information is easy to find out and people just expect to be spoonfed. People on the forum are probably just ignoring posts that have simple solutions through hitting the 'search' button, the most rarest used feature in ANY forum :lol:

Hmmm, I have gone into the color.ini file and tried to change everything with different color codes and nothing is working, so I am figuring that the coding for colors is elsewhere, maybe in the 'CONTENT.nng' file. I have been playing around with schemes all week and have made a few for myself by downloading schemes from here: http://artwork-igo8.blogspot.com/search/label/scheme

using the map colors of the ones that I like and then creating a new background image, changing the image configs, and reinputing the name for the ini file. this makes them unique. I find that the majority of maps are all the same with different background images, wether they are from Xerses, Spradna, or any of the original designers

Hmmm, I have gone into the color.ini file and tried to change everything with different color codes and nothing is working, so I am figuring that the coding for colors is elsewhere, maybe in the 'CONTENT.nng' file. I have been playing around with schemes all week and have made a few for myself by downloading schemes from here: http://artwork-igo8.blogspot.com/search/label/scheme

using the map colors of the ones that I like and then creating a new background image, changing the image configs, and reinputing the name for the ini file. this makes them unique. I find that the majority of maps are all the same with different background images, wether they are from Xerses, Spradna, or any of the original designers

There is absolutely nothing (interesting) in content.nng.

I do see quite a bit of difference when switching color schemes, so if yours does not show any, something else must be overriding scheme files. You wouldn't happen to have, say, a color.ini file just sitting in iGO's main folder?

I do see quite a bit of difference when switching color schemes, so if yours does not show any, something else must be overriding scheme files. You wouldn't happen to have, say, a color.ini file just sitting in iGO's main folder?

When I change scheme, the colors and attributes of the map change accordingly, this is not a problem. What Abb is trying to say, I believe, is that when he edits the color.ini file, nothing seems to change in the screen.

Still very weird, how could that happens?

Boris, do you remember my dark green planned_routed_xxxxx showing black, a couple of posts up?

I think that you have totally misunderstood what I was saying. eg. There was a scheme that I was trying to change in that it was an AWESOME 3D scheme that raised bridges and elevated roads. However, in town, all roads were white and the landscape was off-white which ruined the entire scheme. I went in to the color.ini and changed EVERY white and off white color in there ( yeah, there was a lot of them) and changed them to green and off-green. When I replaced the scheme with my altered one, there was NO DIFFERENCE. NO colour has changed in the sceme, and technically, there should have been absolutely no white or off white present, and like I said, the scheme remained unchanged. I really would like to know how to change the terrain colours, as well as the colours of the roads, in a scheme. Changing the colors in the 'color.ini' file does not have any affect that I can tell. Eactly what is in the 'content.nng' file and HOW do you change any colors in a scheme as there are only the two files, 'color.ini' and 'content.nng' ?

That is what I understood from your post Abb.

I posted my question to LesScro over his website; I will post update when I got one.

Thanks, I would really like to know as there is so much that I can do with these schemes if I knew how to change the colours

I think that you have totally misunderstood what I was saying. eg. There was a scheme that I was trying to change in that it was an AWESOME 3D scheme that raised bridges and elevated roads. However, in town, all roads were white and the landscape was off-white which ruined the entire scheme. I went in to the color.ini and changed EVERY white and off white color in there ( yeah, there was a lot of them) and changed them to green and off-green. When I replaced the scheme with my altered one, there was NO DIFFERENCE. NO colour has changed in the sceme, and technically, there should have been absolutely no white or off white present, and like I said, the scheme remained unchanged. I really would like to know how to change the terrain colours, as well as the colours of the roads, in a scheme. Changing the colors in the 'color.ini' file does not have any affect that I can tell. Eactly what is in the 'content.nng' file and HOW do you change any colors in a scheme as there are only the two files, 'color.ini' and 'content.nng' ?

Quite possible :)

.NNG files are just some marker files that iGO creates on every drive (and possibly folder) that iGO accesses (iGO is made my a company called NNG).

Stumped why your colors don't change though...

Quite possible :)

.NNG files are just some marker files that iGO creates on every drive (and possibly folder) that iGO accesses (iGO is made my a company called NNG).

Stumped why your colors don't change though...

That was the entire idea behind Chucks post. He tried changing the route color in the .ini file and it wouldnt change.

I have been able to change everything else including the background images which I have reconstructed myself. I just cant change the actual colors in the scheme. Here are some pictures as to what I did:

post-32106-12872762228918_thumb.jpg

post-32106-12872762229549_thumb.jpg

post-32106-12872762230206_thumb.jpg

Yeah, that was my problem and the reason for this thread. Seems that Abb and VBLUE42 would like to have an answer to this question too.

Boris, you suspect that there is another color.ini in the iGo folder. This is not possible because iGo could not combine settings from both files (i.e. some setting in our modified color.ini are correctly taken, according to changes).

Anyone :?::twisted::!:

In the common folder there are four color.ini files: day2dcolor.ini, day3dcolor.ini, night2dcolor.ini and night3dcolor.ini.

One would think the schemes would take precedence. Especially given the fact we have a variety of schemes that differ from each other. I believe the only reason those are there is so the system can boot if the schemes folder somehow got corrupted.