AVIC411.com

FX3.1 Complete Firmware Image

Hello All,

After reading carefully through all 24 pages of this thread, I need to ask for help.

I have a EU F900BT unit, that used to run software version 1.9000. I have downloaded the torrents and followed all instructions from Retell.

Everything went fine (test mode, WinCE update, restarted in Windows CE, copied all files over). However, when the unit restarts, it stays stuck at the first screen.

So, I have tried to reinstall by following the entire procedure again. This time, I am unable to start the procedure ! When I select Upgrade Wince (format), I have a red box at the bottom of the screen saying "SDMMC Update Fail!! Any key to continue".

I have tried with another SD card, and I have also tried to format and copy the files on the SD card from a different PC. No luck :-(

Any ideas ? Thank you !

Lili

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the latest and greatest. You will not see a 4.0 upgrade to the F series as it is discontinued and has reached it's end of life for Pioneer.   You will love the 3.1 upgrade.

Posted Images

^You probly didn't copy the files from "my flash drive" to "my flash drive". You can't copy everything on the SD card directly over doesn't work like that.

Anyways I just wanted to say I installed this update and have continous issues. It will work fine for a week then the GPS will start to lose it. "Return Home" always causes issues AND it no longer reads the SD card. The 3.0 update is nice but definetly not worth the issues for me. I'm desperately trying to find a back up. Didn't realize how to make one untill it was too late. Bummed about that. :(

hello ok im trying to do this update on to an AVICF-90BT, i got everything downloaded on to a 16gb sandisk untral II sdhc ..... after the torrent download i extracted everything on to the sd card making sure that the extracted contant was the only thing on the sdcard when extracted i had no errors with the extraction and i moved on to trying to installed it... once i get into the update wince i choose option 0: update by sd/mmc (format) and heres where i get the problem ... at the lower center screen it says READ PROCESS:100% and stays there doesnt allow me to do anything else.... i waited for a good 15 to 20 mins and got no results....

i read on other forms that shortly after that it should say something about writing process but i never get to it.... anyone have any ideas on why this is happening?

Gotta say it.. THANK YOU !!

I just installed an AVIC F700bt in my 95 Lexus this past weekend and it had the original firmware in it (1.00101 or something). The load times were atrocious, and half the button presses didn't even register.. the lag was UNREAL. I don't know how Pioneer could release such garbage.

After following the simple steps in this thread, and using the supplied files, I had the update up and flyin in no time (well, maybe 30 minutes). Load time is still sub par compared to factory units, but the button presses are crisp and fast, the system sounds are way cleaner and accurate, and the GPS much more full-featured.

Again, this has changed my owning experience and THANK YOU!

I can't remember what page the information was on, but how do we make changes so that then boot time is faster? It was something like not having the OS recheck itself at each startup of something along those lines. I appreciate that the volume knob still works when I start the unit up right away, but it seems that bootup times vary, sometimes going straight to the main menu and othertimes showing the menu but saying that I need to wait while it's still loading. I don't understand why it's so inconsistant, but even if, is there any harm in it not rechecking itself everytime? I'd like to be able to car on the unit, have it fire up in like 10 seconds flat and be off and running vs starting the car, opening the garage, pulling out and being down the road to the stop sign before I can finally start making inputs.

i think maybe the maps are corrupt. so im trying right now to put 3.0 back with 2008 ta maps , hope it works..

didnt work on avic f700. crashes and screen goes blank after the logo. i was using 3.0, can i go back to 3.0, if yes then do i have to do the same steps as given in tutorial for 3.0 installation, right now my 700 is unusable.

so i think either the maps or the file is corrupt. just loaded 3.0 works fine..

i think maybe the maps are corrupt. so im trying right now to put 3.0 back with 2008 ta maps , hope it works..
didnt work on avic f700. crashes and screen goes blank after the logo. i was using 3.0' date=' can i go back to 3.0, if yes then do i have to do the same steps as given in tutorial for 3.0 installation, right now my 700 is unusable.[/quote']

I tried this on my f900bt today. Rebooted to "no application databases found" or similar. I reattempted with stock 910 v3 firmware and the error went away but now am in a reboot loop. I am going back to V2 for now. I have read everything from maps to parking brake mod as the culprit (mind you I am relaying my park wire, so I am not sure if that is really the case)

maybe I'll delete the maps?