AVIC411.com

FX3.1 Complete Firmware Image

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the latest and greatest. You will not see a 4.0 upgrade to the F series as it is discontinued and has reached it's end of life for Pioneer.   You will love the 3.1 upgrade.

Posted Images

HELP! My F90BT was working perfectly when running V 2.0, but I needed new maps and would like the faster startup speed with V 3.1

Succeeded with all of the steps (hold reset,maps,eject,menu/format SD/copy&paste"MY FLASH DISK") until the restart. Now it wont stay on for longer than 15-30 seconds :shock:

...I've repeated the steps about 3 or 4 times now and its driving me crazy. All the other V 3.0 downloads have been blocked or not found.

Can ANYONE HELP ME PLEAASEE!? :oops:

when i try to copy the files it says there isnt enough room, previous owner tried to update maps and he messed something up so i picked up my x910bt cheap, im wondering what all info needs to be on it? where should i go from here? when i got it it would cycle through the pioneer screen repeatadly and do nothing more. i can get into testmode and everything is going well till i click and drag the storeage card and drag it to the my file disk file and then it tells me there isnt enough free space, i continue anyways just to see whats going to happen and it gets to the extradump files right at the end and runs out of space. then when i reset i get the pioneer screen for about 10 seconds when i turn it on and it goes completely black after that. any ideas?

UPDATE - This was an excellent source for a fix. Only problem I ran into on my X710BT was that the flashdisk on the WinCE drive was only 1.8GB and the files in the flashdisk directory needed more space. This resulted initially in an error during the copying of the flashdisk directory on the MultiMedia Card to the flashdisk on the AVIC flashdisk directory....it would not copy the userdata directory....turned out to be not enough space. I deleted some of the other language files on the multimedia card and then redid the install with the reduced file counta and presto....works great

AWESOME and thanks....you saved my bacon!

Read the post I just added. I had the same problem. On the multimedia card you made for this install go into the "Myflash" directory, then to "APL2\igo\content\voice". I deleted the mex and french files. I also deleted some other language files in:

Myflashdisk\APL2\VBT\Speech\components..I deleted all the vf_***** files. Then reuse this disk to perform the entire install again. You will now have enough room on your AVIC "myflash" drive

i deleted the maps for the district of columbia, hawaii, and alaska and then i had enough room to install it, but after installing and resetting it all i got was the pioneer screen for about 10 seconds and then it went black, nothing after that. any ideas on that? i did notice that there were a couple of .bin files that didnt un zip, do they need to be un zipped? im going to try and find a program to unzip them and see if it will work.

I am using a mac to unzip the files via the unarchiver, if that matters at all.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

When i do this i am not able to get into test mode at all.. Just a black screen.. what am i doing wrong? my SD card looks as follows...

Testmode

My Flash Disk

WINCEIMG.BIN

WINCEIMG.CKS

device.nng

Someone please help!!

All set on this! wow long two days, the copy exe file was missing from the tesmode. once this was in it got me right into test mode..
  • 5 weeks later...

I have read as much as i can handle about 30 pages!

after I am in service mode, it reads image no problem, but stops at 5% when writing image

I have just a black screen no splash screen on a f900bt

I have tried multiple sd cards, and multiple wince imgs 1.006, 1.008. 3.1

i think this unit is f'd!