AVIC411.com

FX3.1 Complete Firmware Image

Retell, good to hear from you. FX3.1 is still a valuable tool and an easy way to restore a HU to near factory. Personally I was a little tired of the theme I was using and wanted to start over on my F700. I downloaded from the link on post #661 so a new torrent seed isn't necessary right now. Thanks RADRaze2KX for making it available.

I added a few basic updates to FX3.1 to bring it into 2011:

- Ulmer's nav mods (revised Mavrickster mod's). This adds a little more needed functionality to the original nav interface, such as a nav mute button, without wholesale changes like Diaftia's mod. Here's the link to the mods http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/17457-mavericksters-mods-updated-12908/page__hl__ulmer__st__405

- XM logos for 2011. http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/31627-xm-may-6th-2011-logo-updatednfzx-series/

- New 2011 TA Maps. http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/32294-updated-2011-maps/

NOTE: The full 2011 map and POI files are TOO LARGE for the HU's internal 2GB "My Flash Disk" memory. You will need to reduce the size of these two folders before upgrading. [The 2009 map/POI folders are approx 1.34GB, the full 2011 map/POI folders 1.66GB.] Therefore, delete about 325MB from the combined folders. I decided to use only the lower 48 state maps plus about 1/2 of the POI's. I did not touch the building folder. The map and POI folders are located under the My Flash Disk/APL2/iGo/Content folder.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the latest and greatest. You will not see a 4.0 upgrade to the F series as it is discontinued and has reached it's end of life for Pioneer.   You will love the 3.1 upgrade.

Posted Images

I just wanted to send out a big thank for posting this thread, it was a lifesaver my F700BP took a shit yesterday, it would power on and then run for about 30 seconds and shut completely off.

I flashed it to 2.08 but then it would only go as far as the start up screen, luckily I found this thread and the torrent link to the FX 3.1, once the torrent was downloaded and unzipped to my two gig SD card, I popped it in the 700BT and followed the directions described in this thread and voilà it is back up and running perfectly... thanks.

Guys, I don't know if anyone here noticed but there seems to be an extra file when you Unrar the FX3.1 firmware. There is the "testmode", "my flash disk", "winceimg.bin", "winceimg.cks", and a "device.nng" file.

My question is what is that last file on there? When I did the 3.0 update, there were only four files. Can anyone elaborate on the "device.nng" file and should it be on the SD card?

• 2 weeks later...

I tried the wince update it went through but know I have a black screen, I tried doing again and ehen I get to the blue screen it always says pass code key is incorrect, try again.....I did that 1 milion times and I cant get it right.UP UP DW Menu Center Left Right.

Any help here is appreciated

• 3 weeks later...

I just want to send a huge THANKS to the original poster!

I performed and unsuccessful 3.0 update on my F700bt that resulted in "System is starting Up" / reset every 3 minutes loop.

I must have tried five different updates and numerous version downloads including reverting back to 2.0 all were unsuccessful.

This thread brought my unit back to life and it now works perfectly!

Whoever put this package together did everything right and it just works. So Thank you!

I will seed this torrent for as long as I can.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so what I've done is simple, I took what I considered to be the basic mods that would be appealing to almost everyone, without drastically changing the look and feel of the system.

This download contains:

Windows CE firmware

X Series 3.0201 update

Complete TA 2009.6 Map Upgrade (USA & Canada)

No nag screens

POI Branding

Speed camera/red light mod

Software speed bypass

Download: <!-- m -->http://thepiratebay....torrent/5546342<!-- m -->

You need only a single SD card, at least 2gb in size. Copy the entire contents of the RAR file to the root of SD card.

1. Insert SD card into AVIC and turn it on.

2. When the pioneer logo comes up, press and hold the menu, map, eject and the reset buttons at the same time. When your screen goes completely blank, let go of the reset button but continue to hold menu, map, and eject buttons. This will bring you to a blue screen, telling you to reset the unit (ignore this), you will have to enter the service combination. Press the volume knob in this sequence and you will see * signs for each push: Up, Up, Down, Menu, Left, Right.

3. Select Wince Upgrade

4. Select Update SD Format

5. Wait until it says restart in the bottom center. Reset the unit and leave the SD card in.

6. You should be greeted with testmode (It will look very similar to normal windows). Open Explorer and copy the contents of the "My Flash Drive" Folder from the SD card to the "My Flash Drive" that is located on the unit. Overwrite everything. (It will the copying will take 140min but will only take about 20)

7. Press and hold reset for 5 seconds.

8. Select your language and voice options.

9. Enjoy FX3.1 smile.gif

Tested on AVIC-f90bt. 05/08/10

FAQ:

How do I extract this rar thing?

<!-- m -->http://www.rarlabs.com/download.htm<!-- m -->

In test mode it says there isn't enough space to copy the files, how come?

This means you didn't select the SD format option in step 4, select everything on the "flash disk" and delete it, then copy your new files over

How do I know if my download completed properly?

The reason I stored everything in the RAR is because Winrar checks to make sure the download is perfect, if it didn't download properly, you would receive an error when extracting.

My unit just keeps booting to test mode?

Take your SD card out and then reset.

Why did my unit take so long to start the first 2 times?

That is normal, all the software is adapting to your AVIC

awesome man. thanks for the guide

ok so iam still thankful for the help, but i have a few problems

1. the maps dont show street names.

2. when using the navi the map goes from 3d to 2d periodically and i cant see to find the cause of the change.

3. under the settings>system> when i turn off the lat/long they come back on when i restart the vehicle.

other than these 3 items. everything else is good.

thanks in advance for anyone who can offer suggestions

Okay so what I've done is simple, I took what I considered to be the basic mods that would be appealing to almost everyone, without drastically changing the look and feel of the system.

This download contains:

Windows CE firmware

X Series 3.0201 update

Complete TA 2009.6 Map Upgrade (USA & Canada)

No nag screens

POI Branding

Speed camera/red light mod

Software speed bypass

Download: <!-- m -->http://thepiratebay....torrent/5546342<!-- m -->

You need only a single SD card, at least 2gb in size. Copy the entire contents of the RAR file to the root of SD card.

1. Insert SD card into AVIC and turn it on.

2. When the pioneer logo comes up, press and hold the menu, map, eject and the reset buttons at the same time. When your screen goes completely blank, let go of the reset button but continue to hold menu, map, and eject buttons. This will bring you to a blue screen, telling you to reset the unit (ignore this), you will have to enter the service combination. Press the volume knob in this sequence and you will see * signs for each push: Up, Up, Down, Menu, Left, Right.

3. Select Wince Upgrade

4. Select Update SD Format

5. Wait until it says restart in the bottom center. Reset the unit and leave the SD card in.

6. You should be greeted with testmode (It will look very similar to normal windows). Open Explorer and copy the contents of the "My Flash Drive" Folder from the SD card to the "My Flash Drive" that is located on the unit. Overwrite everything. (It will the copying will take 140min but will only take about 20)

7. Press and hold reset for 5 seconds.

8. Select your language and voice options.

9. Enjoy FX3.1 :)

Tested on AVIC-f90bt. 05/08/10

FAQ:

How do I extract this rar thing?

<!-- m -->http://www.rarlabs.com/download.htm<!-- m -->

In test mode it says there isn't enough space to copy the files, how come?

This means you didn't select the SD format option in step 4, select everything on the "flash disk" and delete it, then copy your new files over

How do I know if my download completed properly?

The reason I stored everything in the RAR is because Winrar checks to make sure the download is perfect, if it didn't download properly, you would receive an error when extracting.

My unit just keeps booting to test mode?

Take your SD card out and then reset.

Why did my unit take so long to start the first 2 times?

That is normal, all the software is adapting to your AVIC

File now hosted on my web host... please seed it after you've downloaded it, I don't want to host it up there forever...

http://www.1radpc.co...ivate/FX3.1.rar Right-Click, Save As, pick a location, save it...

Retell, good to hear from you. FX3.1 is still a valuable tool and an easy way to restore a HU to near factory. Personally I was a little tired of the theme I was using and wanted to start over on my F700. I downloaded from the link on post #661 so a new torrent seed isn't necessary right now. Thanks RADRaze2KX for making it available.

I added a few basic updates to FX3.1 to bring it into 2011:

- Ulmer's nav mods (revised Mavrickster mod's). This adds a little more needed functionality to the original nav interface, such as a nav mute button, without wholesale changes like Diaftia's mod. Here's the link to the mods http://avic411.com/i..._ulmer__st__405

- XM logos for 2011. http://avic411.com/i...tednfzx-series/

- New 2011 TA Maps. http://avic411.com/i...ated-2011-maps/

NOTE: The full 2011 map and POI files are TOO LARGE for the HU's internal 2GB "My Flash Disk" memory. You will need to reduce the size of these two folders before upgrading. [The 2009 map/POI folders are approx 1.34GB, the full 2011 map/POI folders 1.66GB.] Therefore, delete about 325MB from the combined folders. I decided to use only the lower 48 state maps plus about 1/2 of the POI's. I did not touch the building folder. The map and POI folders are located under the My Flash Disk/APL2/iGo/Content folder.

Updated my F700BT to 3.01 with 2011 Maps with the help of those posts

My HU is crazy faster than before! Worth it! :)

Thanks guys!

• 3 weeks later...

Help!!!!

I followed the instructions to update WinCE version 2.0070000 to 3.0 (on my F500BT Europe) to install the update after 3.02 of pioneer europe:

During the upgrade to 3.0 gives an error (checksummed error) but finally says UPDATE OK, but after reboot the screen goes black and the LED flashes. I can not boot the system or TestMode ....

What can I do? Is posible go back to version CE2.07?