AVIC411.com

Abb's Chrome NAV Mod V3.25 - Aug 30th '10

If Smartzoom worked as it was intended,I would use it.If Abb decides he can do something with it,then great!If not I won't lose any sleep because IMO it is still the best mod available.

Agreed. Best mod for the time being.

With correct operation of smartzoom, it would be even better :lol:

Agreed :lol:

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have been looking more and more into the smartzoom for this mod, and I think it is a no go. I can have all the scripts the same, and they are still different because of the tilt lock. I guess for those that like 'smartzoom' there is the 2.75 and for everyone else V3.0

Damn I like it..(smart zoom) BUT how the hell did you get the road signs to work? I am in Quebec also(Terrebonne ) and I NEVER saw a road sign work on my almost 2 years of having a AVIC...

Use the Navteq maps.

Navteq = roadsigns,

TeleAtlas = speed sign

I think using navteq maps is beyond my scope of hacking on the avic.. if some one could show me where I can read a nice clear "how to" I would love it! I searched and all i get is a bunch of mixed up posts,,,

I have been looking more and more into the smartzoom for this mod, and I think it is a no go. I can have all the scripts the same, and they are still different because of the tilt lock. I guess for those that like 'smartzoom' there is the 2.75 and for everyone else V3.0

:cry::cry::cry: Hang on Abb, I am here to help :mrgreen:

When I use the following settings in SYS.TXT, the tilt is actually working with your current OFFICIAL post of V3.0 at page 1 (July 22nd '10), so I think that is no such thing as "tilt lock". Let me explain ...

What Diaftia recommended in order to see the sky, one must set both slider-bars all the way to the right side at 90 (i.e. "minangle=90" and "maxangle=90"). He is correct but no tilt at turn.

When I set "minangle=70" and "maxangle=90", the tilt is just perfect but will not return ENOUGH to see the whole sky after the turn. So I think that you must be able to decrypt something with this idea, at least experiment yourself with the SYS.TXT suggestion.

Do you mind to look further?

[smartzoom]
restore_smartzoom_on=1
speedzoom=6
speedangle=8
minzoom=40      ; distance from the car when zoom in
maxzoom=80      ; distance from the car when zoom out (normal navigation)
minangle=70     ; for Diaftia's mod: <= 70, incline properly at turn; starting with 75, no more inclining; at 80, start to see the sky
maxangle=90     ; 90 is the max angle to see the whole sky

Please see my comments inside the code.

My SYS.TXT is attached.

SYS.TXT

Well, I have just downloaded the new 2009.12 TeleAtlas maps and for the record, they now have signposts galore!! They even have signs that were not present with Navteq maps.

Great find my friend. Do you mind to provide the link? The link to rapidshare here is dead:

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=32146&p=216394&hilit=2009+12+teleatlas#p216394

Thanks!

Well, I have just downloaded the new 2009.12 TeleAtlas maps and for the record, they now have signposts galore!! They even have signs that were not present with Navteq maps.

Great find my friend. Do you mind to provide the link? The link to rapidshare here is dead:

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=32146&p=216394&hilit=2009+12+teleatlas#p216394

Thanks!

Sorry man, it is against forum rules to post outside links. I got dinged for that in another forum. Just go to NaviTotal and register. They have All the latest maps. I also got the Q4 for Navteq. Their improvements are not that impressive over the new TeleAtlas maps

how do we install them?
Easy, you just download the maps, and then replace them in your 'MyFlashDisk/APL2/iGo/CONTENT/map' folder. To avoid space conflicts, delete all the maps in the folder and then just copy and paste the new ones. Make sure as always that you back up your old maps.