AVIC411.com

Abb's Chrome NAV Mod V3.25 - Aug 30th '10

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Abb.Any chance of putting one of these frames behind the Your Speed sign.On some of the colour schemes the Yellow is very difficult to see.What do you think?

No, I have never had a problem with any of my schemes and the color, that is why I added a high 'glow size' on the speed text. The box makes the screen look junky in my eyes and that is why I have not added it. It especially looks goofy with the speed limit sign on the same screen as it is the same size and shape here, so two of them covers the entire left side.....Very junky! If you did want the speed sign back, all you have to do is copy the code from Diaftias 2.23 mod and replace it in my 'navigate map_800_480.ui' file under the heading 'your speed sign' (I think?). Replace the entire code under that title! Also, with the smaller text in that sign, it was sometimes very difficult to see as well, for those that are over 40 :roll:

Abb.Any chance of putting one of these frames behind the Your Speed sign.On some of the colour schemes the Yellow is very difficult to see.What do you think?

No, I have never had a problem with any of my schemes and the color, that is why I added a high 'glow size' on the speed text. The box makes the screen look junky in my eyes and that is why I have not added it. It especially looks goofy with the speed limit sign on the same screen as it is the same size and shape here, so two of them covers the entire left side.....Very junky! If you did want the speed sign back, all you have to do is copy the code from Diaftias 2.23 mod and replace it in my 'navigate map_800_480.ui' file under the heading 'your speed sign' (I think?). Replace the entire code under that title! Also, with the smaller text in that sign, it was sometimes very difficult to see as well, for those that are over 40 :roll:

OK Abb,thanks anyway

Hi everyone - Just stopping by to say I still check on things once in awhile.

Abb - The mod looks great. I went as far as downloading the files, but I never installed it. As much as I enjoyed working on the AVIC when I was really active in the forum, I just did could not bring myself to starting up again. Nothing against what everyone is doing. Just my desire has waned more than I thought.

BTW - My daughter gave birth to baby girl about two months ago. Mom and baby (grandpa too) are doing great. For this I am most thankful for.

Hi everyone - Just stopping by to say I still check on things once in awhile.

Abb - The mod looks great. I went as far as downloading the files, but I never installed it. As much as I enjoyed working on the AVIC when I was really active in the forum, I just did could not bring myself to starting up again. Nothing against what everyone is doing. Just my desire has waned more than I thought.

BTW - My daughter gave birth to baby girl about two months ago. Mom and baby (grandpa too) are doing great. For this I am most thankful for.

Congratulations! I still remember the day that my son was born, and I am hoping for the day that I will see a grandchild. All the best to you, and your family.

I am really hoping that you will come to installing it as your input would mean a lot. I am working on a 3.5 version with a backup feature and sharper looking icons which should be up soon as I am testing it now and it is stable with no glitches. Just looking for a few more things to add :). Cheers, nice to see you still around!

what about the Restore to Prestine state? and my green Chrome color... lol

No, if you mean prestine as in factory condition, that is impossible as the factory files are deleted once the mods are in, so it has nothing to restore it from. As far as the green chrome mod is concerned, that is something that is easy to do, but I wont be doing it as green is not a popular color in cars as there is only a handful of cars that ave the lighting that matches. That is why I went with a chrome as it is neutral and will go with all. I am also working on a black leather theme that I may and may not post. The green, you can do yourself with PS. Here, I did this in 3 minutes. Just record an action to the color you want and then just batch all the chrome images. Here is a pic of what you can do:

post-32106-12872763251031_thumb.jpg

black leather would be cool as i have that!

I am going to put up some screenies in the 'Hacks/Mods' section to get everyones input when I have it completed. These mods are a lot of work putting them up and then posting them in the forum, I dont want to bother if it is only going to generate a few downloads.

Congratulations!

Yeahhh!! Nice! Congratulations from Portugal!! :D

Abb, your mod is great and works well across the atlantic ocean! :wink: I was just wondering if it would be possible to change the font (letters).. Can it be done easily? Thanks for your answears!

Congratulations!

Yeahhh!! Nice! Congratulations from Portugal!! :D

Abb, your mod is great and works well across the atlantic ocean! :wink: I was just wondering if it would be possible to change the font (letters).. Can it be done easily? Thanks for your answears!

I have changed the fonts like this.

Choose whichever font you want to use.

Rename the font to Tahoma and Tahomabd and copy to SD

Copy the new fonts to APL2/IGO from the SD card