AVIC411.com

Abb's Chrome NAV Mod V3.25 - Aug 30th '10

Hey Abb, just need to confirm some things. Its late, been reading these blogs for a couple days and I might be missing something. On my X910BT I have already installed the Diaftia's Mod (great mod), but I want to try yours. Note I've also installed FX3.1, the Modded EZRider for elevation, and the new maps. And, I have a backup of the original files that I made before the Diaftia mod.

Besides following your installation instructions, do I need to delete anything else due to the Diaftia install?

In your original post regarding Mod V3.25 you state: "I have included my schemes and my original 'Chrome Theme' along with the downloads for those that do not already have them as they are part of the set of this Mod." Did you mean that the original 'Chrome Theme" is NOT part of the set of this Mod? Looking over extracted files, I didn't see the theme in the V3.25 files, so I am assuming that I need to install all four downloads at the end of the original post; V3.25, New GFX Folder, New Scheme's, and Chrome Theme V1.5.

I am amazed at the work you all have done. When I bought the unit, I didn't know this was all possible (glad I didn't get the 920). If nothing else, I love the fact that I don't have that stupid NAG screen poping up everytime I get a phone call (a lot of time I have the Radio Preset shown). Thanks, Beer Money being worked on for you and Diaftia.

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Abb, just need to confirm some things. Its late, been reading these blogs for a couple days and I might be missing something. On my X910BT I have already installed the Diaftia's Mod (great mod), but I want to try yours. Note I've also installed FX3.1, the Modded EZRider for elevation, and the new maps. And, I have a backup of the original files that I made before the Diaftia mod.

Besides following your installation instructions, do I need to delete anything else due to the Diaftia install?

In your original post regarding Mod V3.25 you state: "I have included my schemes and my original 'Chrome Theme' along with the downloads for those that do not already have them as they are part of the set of this Mod." Did you mean that the original 'Chrome Theme" is NOT part of the set of this Mod? Looking over extracted files, I didn't see the theme in the V3.25 files, so I am assuming that I need to install all four downloads at the end of the original post; V3.25, New GFX Folder, New Scheme's, and Chrome Theme V1.5.

I am amazed at the work you all have done. When I bought the unit, I didn't know this was all possible (glad I didn't get the 920). If nothing else, I love the fact that I don't have that stupid NAG screen poping up everytime I get a phone call (a lot of time I have the Radio Preset shown). Thanks, Beer Money being worked on for you and Diaftia.

The entire 'chrome theme' right now is in two parts. The 'MAIN/AV' part is one download as that covers everything but the navigation. The 'Chrome Nav Mod V3.25' covers the navigation end. You can do one without the other, but if you use both, then the theme will be complete. My next release will be one of its own and have its own thread as that will have the AV and Nav together in one download to simplify things and this will also include an update to the 'ChromeTheme V1.5' as the buttons for CD/DVD will now match the theme and a few newer enhancements in the graphics dept. This will be available soon as this is a lot of work to test, post, take pictures, upload etc.. My work right now is at about 60hrs/week, out of town, so I cant make any promises on when this is released, but it will be soon.

Chuck, this will not work on the 2.75 unless you change the script on the next street name. When on route, the next street name is set to the end of the screen, meaning that if ithe AV bar was transparent, then the song title will be blended in with the 'Next street name'

Abb, I still want to know the transparency thing on the audio bar, or the bmp to remove. If I got it, I will limit the street name in width so I can have both on V2.75.

Thanks in advance!

Abb, I still want to know the transparency thing on the audio bar, or the bmp to remove. If I got it, I will limit the street name in width so I can have both on V2.75.

Thanks in advance!

You NEVER remove any files as this will prevent the system from booting or create error messages. You have to take the two files, 746_32K_OM-030_24b.bmp & 746_32K_OM-031_24b.bmp and make them totally transparent using alpha layers. An easier way to do this is to wait until I get this update up, and then use the image.res file that I will have in it with your 2.75 file. Just remember that you still have to cut the streetname width down to w=315

I have a F500BT and installed version 3 upgrade the other day and everything was working great. Yesterday installed the Chrome Nav following directions on page 1 and now I never get a GPS signal. I am using the internal antenna and was thinking maybe this changes to look for an external antenna?

When I go to the GPS screen the three lights at bottom continue to flash yellow and I never see any satellite dots on screen. If I press GPS off then the three light stay solid red. Any ideas or did I make a mistake? I have search both the boards and throughout the software for something and haven't been able to find anything.

I love the new interface and it really is beautiful just wish I could drive around with it.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Paul

I have a F500BT and installed version 3 upgrade the other day and everything was working great. Yesterday installed the Chrome Nav following directions on page 1 and now I never get a GPS signal. I am using the internal antenna and was thinking maybe this changes to look for an external antenna?

When I go to the GPS screen the three lights at bottom continue to flash yellow and I never see any satellite dots on screen. If I press GPS off then the three light stay solid red. Any ideas or did I make a mistake? I have search both the boards and throughout the software for something and haven't been able to find anything.

I love the new interface and it really is beautiful just wish I could drive around with it.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Paul

The nav mods have no part as to wether you get a GPS signal or not. I would check your GPS antenna to make sure that it is plugged in properly

Well after trying everything I could think of I ended up installing Diaftia's Mod and GPS started working again. I had a conflict with sky background since I had Abb's still installed which locked up system and I ended up reflashing 3.01 to system and reinstalling Diaftia's mod.

I'd really like to switch to Chrome but now want to know what I need to do when switching from one to another... Delete files in iGo folders and only install Chrome files? Or do I need to start over reflashing 3.01 to system?

I'm hoping the original problem with Chrome was a file problem... Or should I wait until your new update is ready?

Thanks in advance for some help!

Well after trying everything I could think of I ended up installing Diaftia's Mod and GPS started working again. I had a conflict with sky background since I had Abb's still installed which locked up system and I ended up reflashing 3.01 to system and reinstalling Diaftia's mod.

I'd really like to switch to Chrome but now want to know what I need to do when switching from one to another... Delete files in iGo folders and only install Chrome files? Or do I need to start over reflashing 3.01 to system?

I'm hoping the original problem with Chrome was a file problem... Or should I wait until your new update is ready?

Thanks in advance for some help!

You can wait until my next release is ready or this one will work too as it has for hundreds of downloads. You have to make sure that you delete the 'igo' folder in the 'My Flash Disk\USER\UserData' folder whenever switching mods. Did you do this?.

P.S. ..... Oh, beer money is fine because I do all my testing on my Avic that is beside my computer :)

I did delete all user files but since I had just flashed 3.01 there was nothing there.

Okay, I'm going to try again tomorrow. Do I install the image.res file from Chrome 1.5 download? If so where? Maybe that is where I had trouble? I saw somewhere there is a 1.65 version but didn't see a download for it.

Thanks again for the help and I feel better about sending beer money now!

Thanks in advance!

You NEVER remove any files as this will prevent the system from booting or create error messages. You have to take the two files, 746_32K_OM-030_24b.bmp & 746_32K_OM-031_24b.bmp and make them totally transparent using alpha layers. An easier way to do this is to wait until I get this update up, and then use the image.res file that I will have in it with your 2.75 file. Just remember that you still have to cut the streetname width down to w=315

Sounds great Abb. Thanks for sharing :D .

Abb, just installed your V3.23 AV Version. Things went well, although I had to nuke more of the east coast to fit in the GFX Folder. :D . However, I have some questions that came up during the install:

1) After step 9, you don't have a discuss the transfer of the second folder "put ALL CONTNETS IN 'MyFlashDisk-APL2-IGO" folder. I did as the folder name said. I copied the CECMD and ResInfo files in the MyFlashDisk root folder.

2) What do I do with the contents of the ChromeImage V1.5 folder? As noted above by SoCalPaul69, I could not figure out where to put this file. :?:

3) When I restarted the system things looked to be working. However, I was not able to get the Car Menu to work. The Menu came up, but none of the vehicles showed up. I am 99.8% sure that all of the bmps transfered (I'll check again in the morning). However, I did follow the instructions to the letter. Could it be a memory issue? Do I need to nuke more of the east coast. :(

Comments: I agree that the current AV bar does not look good with your scheme. However I like your proposed transparent bar and can't wait for your update. Also, I agree with 'motte' that the compass needs to stand out a little more.

Thanks again.

jkdog,

1-CECMD and RESINFO should be in a folder called 'System' and that is supposed to be copied over into 'MyFlashDisk'

2-The Chromimage V1.5 should have a 'image.res' file once extracted. Place that into 'MyFlashDisk/APL' and say yes to overwrite

3-The car menu is fine. It is supposed to be blank until you hit the 'scan' button. Then it will scan all the vehicles in the folder and you will be able to choose them.

Thanks Abb, made the changes this morning and the system looks great. I've been running it most of the day and it looks like I didn't screw anything up with the install. I had a couple of comments that you might like for your next update (note you made a great system, and these are just my thoughts)

First I noted that when I turned off the "your speed" sign from the display, the "MPH" label remains on the screen. I also noticed that, as with the Diaftia mods, during navigation I normally keep voice directions turned off, however after ending a phone call, the voice directions are back on.

I like having the elevation display on the screen, however, it is located in an odd spot. Just a thought, could this be moved up so that it located directly under the compass? While displaying the house numbers on the screen is a great display, I normally only need them if I am trying to find a location or while navigating. Is it possible to change the option for displaying house numbers to "yes/no/while navigation"?

On the AV screens,the function button has a great graphic but you can't see it because of the text. I'm not sure the text is really needed. Is it possible to modify the top information screen? The channel text is small, and I would like a larger clock.

Anyway, I was very disappointed with the original Pioneer system, and your mod makes this look modern. Thanks, again