AVIC411.com

Abb's Chrome NAV Mod V3.25 - Aug 30th '10

Looks way better!!! :D

Thanks for the input Hanibal, the AV bar sticking out at the bottom really bothered me at the start of this mod and that is why I didn't release it with an AV at first. Because of peoples request, I released it in 3.25, but with this new AV,it seems to fit into this mod much better. I have been driving with it for two days now and I actually like it as it no longer sticks out like a sore thumb

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, first thing is to delete the original GFX, and then delete some of the maps and poi's that you do nonuse, and then install my GFX and schemes.

I've run into a similar problem with the message indicating not enough space on the flash drive for the GFX (although I didn't have an original GFX I needed to delete. Problem is that I proceeded to copy what would fit and moved on. Upon reboot I get the splash screen and nothing further. Test Mode won't boot up now either to allow me go back and delete some maps and poi's I don't use and fix the problem. Can anyone tell me if there is something I can do to get Test Mode to boot up??

Thanks in advance for your help. I'm hoping I haven't bricked the unit at this point.

Yeah, first thing is to delete the original GFX, and then delete some of the maps and poi's that you do nonuse, and then install my GFX and schemes.

I've run into a similar problem with the message indicating not enough space on the flash drive for the GFX (although I didn't have an original GFX I needed to delete. Problem is that I proceeded to copy what would fit and moved on. Upon reboot I get the splash screen and nothing further. Test Mode won't boot up now either to allow me go back and delete some maps and poi's I don't use and fix the problem. Can anyone tell me if there is something I can do to get Test Mode to boot up??

Thanks in advance for your help. I'm hoping I haven't bricked the unit at this point.

False alarm. I feel like an idiot. It helps if you put the SD card that has the Test Mode files on it into the AVIC Unit (had the wrong SD card inserted). I was able to get into Test Mode and delete some map files and poi files to make room for the GFX folder. For some reason it still remained locked on the splash screen so I just restore my old files and all is well. I'm not sure what I might have done wrong. I'll give the mod a try again soon, but next time I'll do the GFX folder correctly from the start.

Abb

Just got back another vacation(by air this time so no sat nav) and things look as though they have been pretty quiet on here.I agree the AV bar is big improvement.Any other changes while i was away?Are you still pondereing adding a TOM Tom interface?

Hmmm, it is really quiet to dead and I am feeling boring :cry:

Abb seems to be the only one who mod now!

Hmmm, it is really quiet to dead and I am feeling boring :cry:

Abb seems to be the only one who mod now!

Yeah, and everything is a chain reaction because I am always going to mod, but posting them, uploading them, taking pictures etc., is a lot of work, which I am not going to do with only a few downloads and a few posts regarding them. I noticed several times that there was ONLY 1 POST in four days in this forum and that is not going to make me put up mods as like I said, it is a lot of work. I will continue to send my work to those that have donated (on request) as that is not a big deal and it is the least I can do for their appreciation.

Summer is traditionally a quiet season for forums, so let see later during autumn. Hopefully it will pickup.

I ask one question on the V2.75 forum to see who is still using it, and no one answer. I just don't believe that no one is using that great piece of mod now. When I am having time, I will post my personal changes on V2.75 and see whether there will be download.

Well, I have always been against the stupid AV bar sticking in a bare screen at the bottom of the Nav screen. That is why I didnt release it at first. I like the AV to a point as well, but I have always liked the clear look over that stupid bar sitting in the corner.

I have finally come up with a solution for myself to have the AV and making it look a little neater. I have made the bar behind the wording transparent, and the music icon smaller to match the bottom navigation bar when navitating. For all you AV lovers out there, tell me your thoughts. Right now, I just did this for myself, but if I get a lot of feedback, I will add this to the next update.

Hi Abb,

Could you please shed some light as on how to make transparent or remove the bar behind the music wording? Is only a BMP to replace?

I can't find this code in the UI but I would like to apply this to your V2.75.

I really love the transparency ..

Thanks.

Abb it looks a lot better for sure, how will album art be reflected when using an Ipod? Will it be scaled down as well?

I know you think it is quiet, but I bet there are a lot of "lurkers" like me who don't post very often. I really appreciate (as you know) all of your hard work.

Chuck, this will not work on the 2.75 unless you change the script on the next street name. When on route, the next street name is set to the end of the screen, meaning that if ithe AV bar was transparent, then the song title will be blended in with the 'Next street name'

Abb it looks a lot better for sure, how will album art be reflected when using an Ipod? Will it be scaled down as well?

I know you think it is quiet, but I bet there are a lot of "lurkers" like me who don't post very often. I really appreciate (as you know) all of your hard work.

Nah, the album art looks ok the way it is, it just sits on top of the AV icon

Chuck, this will not work on the 2.75 unless you change the script on the next street name. When on route, the next street name is set to the end of the screen, meaning that if ithe AV bar was transparent, then the song title will be blended in with the 'Next street name'

Got it Abb, thanks!