New Maps and POIs SD card available from Poineer

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#1 chinna_n

chinna_n

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 10:20 PM

Pioneer just sent an email about the availability of new 2010 Maps and additional POI in single SD card.

Not sure howmany will buy this at $120, but it seems it is better option than just buying POIs for $100.

http://www.pioneerel... ... 130FM.Shop

#2 puffdc

puffdc

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 11:50 PM

yeah, it's a deal compared to just buying the POI's for $100...it's about time they updated the maps, i never thought it would happen since they were going to phase out this model...

I will be getting this update for sure!

#3 saccento

saccento
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 05:20 AM

$120? are you serious.. i just bought this unit - it should come installed with up to date maps.

#4 puffdc

puffdc

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 05:39 AM

why do you think it was so cheap? ;)

#5 chinna_n

chinna_n

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 11:46 AM

I really do not know how upto date are maps though. Mine I bought in late 2009 and it can not even find the addresses from 2005.

If not for iPhone in the hand, I could have lost forever :lol: with the maps and direction provided by this GPS.

#6 puffdc

puffdc

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:50 AM

well, it says 2010 Telenav update so it should have alot more than the pre-installed maps...

#7 tzortst

tzortst
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:03 AM

Can you use the same card to update multiple units? Or does it only work on the one unit?

#8 avic-canada

avic-canada
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 08:45 PM

I'd love to see a review on this. If it really improves the maps and pois it might be worth it.
For what I paid for the 310BT, this might be a worthwhile upgrade.

I'm happy with the unit but the maps could be better.
AVIC U310BT installed in a 2010 VW Golf

#9 jimmyc

jimmyc
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 04:29 PM

Has anybody installed the new map yet? Any thoughts on whether it's a worthwhile upgrade?

#10 ZR2

ZR2
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:00 PM

I have purchased and installed the new map update. It has some new features and looks a little different. The poi undate did not work. I get a message that says "cannot be used with this version." I called Pioneer and they said it was a problem with my head unit and said I needed to send it to them. Many calls later, I talked to a tech that admitted the poi update doesn't work and they are working on a fix. Ill let you know what happens.

#11 puffdc

puffdc

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:05 AM

Is it worth the $100?

#12 ZR2

ZR2
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:55 AM

Is it worth the $100?

It was $120 and not worth it without the pois

#13 jimmyc

jimmyc
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:56 PM

I have purchased and installed the new map update. It has some new features and looks a little different. The poi undate did not work. I get a message that says "cannot be used with this version." I called Pioneer and they said it was a problem with my head unit and said I needed to send it to them. Many calls later, I talked to a tech that admitted the poi update doesn't work and they are working on a fix. Ill let you know what happens.

Yikes, that's pretty disappointing. Hopefully they can get this fixed soon. Please do let us know when/how the problem gets resolved.

#14 manzter

manzter
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 05:49 AM

The new update does add some new features(watch videos, view photos, a clock) and shortcuts but I too cannot install the POIs, I haven't had the chance to call tech support yet becuase I just attempted to install the POIs this evening.

#15 dcockrell

dcockrell
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 08:23 PM

I purchased the update and installed it on 8/27. Called Pioneer support on 8/30 and they still have no fix for the POI update. Map update seemed to work but no POI update.

Please post new info if anyone learns more. Waste of $120 if you ask me without the POIs. That was my only reason for buying the update since it pretty much had none originally.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users