AVIC411.com
chinna_n

New Maps and POIs SD card available from Poineer

yeah, it's a deal compared to just buying the POI's for $100...it's about time they updated the maps, i never thought it would happen since they were going to phase out this model...

I will be getting this update for sure!

I really do not know how upto date are maps though. Mine I bought in late 2009 and it can not even find the addresses from 2005.

If not for iPhone in the hand, I could have lost forever :lol: with the maps and direction provided by this GPS.

I'd love to see a review on this. If it really improves the maps and pois it might be worth it.

For what I paid for the 310BT, this might be a worthwhile upgrade.

I'm happy with the unit but the maps could be better.

I have purchased and installed the new map update. It has some new features and looks a little different. The poi undate did not work. I get a message that says "cannot be used with this version." I called Pioneer and they said it was a problem with my head unit and said I needed to send it to them. Many calls later, I talked to a tech that admitted the poi update doesn't work and they are working on a fix. Ill let you know what happens.

I have purchased and installed the new map update. It has some new features and looks a little different. The poi undate did not work. I get a message that says "cannot be used with this version." I called Pioneer and they said it was a problem with my head unit and said I needed to send it to them. Many calls later, I talked to a tech that admitted the poi update doesn't work and they are working on a fix. Ill let you know what happens.

Yikes, that's pretty disappointing. Hopefully they can get this fixed soon. Please do let us know when/how the problem gets resolved.

The new update does add some new features(watch videos, view photos, a clock) and shortcuts but I too cannot install the POIs, I haven't had the chance to call tech support yet becuase I just attempted to install the POIs this evening.

I purchased the update and installed it on 8/27. Called Pioneer support on 8/30 and they still have no fix for the POI update. Map update seemed to work but no POI update.

Please post new info if anyone learns more. Waste of $120 if you ask me without the POIs. That was my only reason for buying the update since it pretty much had none originally.