AVIC411.com

Chuck88's Mod v3.4b with Pioneer FW 4.0 and Primo 2.0 - Updated 2013-04-13

*** Smartzoom navigation aid ***  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use/prefer smartzoom during navigation?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but my mod doesn't have this feature or this feature is not working correctly.
    • No, I hate smartzoom.
    • I don't know what smartzoom is. Know it here (copy and paste): http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/28658-abbs-chrome-nav-mod-v325-aug-30th-10/page__st__165__p__213857#entry213857

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the 710 bt and what can the unit be bricked? And can it be unbricked?

The X710BT already has firmware 3.01 installed, so you can go ahead and follow instructions to change the nav mod. Don't forget to make a complete backup of the "\My Flash Disk" before attempting any change :rolleyes: .

Can it be unbricked? It all depend on the cause that causes the brick. If you want only to change the nav mod, it is very unlikely that this could happen though :smile: . That usually happens during firmware upgrade.

Since you gave me so much insight i will try yours first however this is my first time trying this so i have not ever upgraded my soft ware nor backed up my software however i know you dont have time to explain to me how to do all that although if would be awesome but i will do some reading until friday and give it a show saturday but based on your pics your look great. i will ask if you dont mind me asking do you have any tips for a first newbie like myself so it will me a smooth process?

From one Noob to another, welcome

Just wanted to offer a couple of tips I've learned so far. You will be doing A LOT of reading here so the search option will be very useful. Ive found that if you put words under 4 letters together ( Gps not working = gpsnot working) it'll give you a pretty decent start. Also, not sure how good you are with computers but when they say " back up your flash disk" they mean the files on your unit. To do this take a sd card (2gig minimum), find the test mode file download(V2.3) on the site and put that folder on your sd card. Then go out to your car and (while the unit is off) insert the sd card. Now turn your unit on and it should boot into something like you would see on your computer. Next tap start at the bottom left, then programs, and explorer, open my device. Now do the same thing except at the end open storage instead of my device. From you my device tab (on the bottom) tap my flash disk, then edit ( up top) and copy. Next open your storage tab and tap edit, paste. This shoul copy your current ( working ) file to your sd card so that if you DO end up messing something up you can reload your files and fix it. VERY good idea to do this. TRUST ME :) after that you're ready to start modding.

Hope that helps and if I missed anything or stated something incorrectly, hopefully you more experienced guy/gals out there will correct me.

Good Luck,

Oh and 1 more thing, that emulator that Chuck was helping me with in earlier post might be a good idea too. Keeps you from running back and forth to you car when modding. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get it up and running yet ( help anyone? ) so I can't give you a step by step on that one.

Who knew customer service would be so great and that help plenty on the back up portion hopefully the modding goes smoothly also. Also will my steering controls work with a modded software?

Who knew customer service would be so great and that help plenty on the back up portion hopefully the modding goes smoothly also. Also will my steering controls work with a modded software?

I have read about that on here somewhere, I do believe you will have to buy something that you connect to your unit to get it to work. As I don't have them I didn't pay much attention. Try searching.

Steering wheel controls are not software specific. If you have the unit that convert your steering wheel controls to "wired remote" control for the factory software, it will continue to work the same way.

Steering wheel controls are not software specific. If you have the unit that convert your steering wheel controls to "wired remote" control for the factory software, it will continue to work the same way.

So you saying if my car currently have steering wheel controls working with current non modded software then when I put the modded software on the unit it will still have functionality

So you saying if my car currently have steering wheel controls working with current non modded software then when I put the modded software on the unit it will still have functionality

It absolutely should. to add steering wheel controls to an aftermarket stereo, you need a control box like the PAC or AXXESS units. These controls you the remote control input and connect that to your steering wheel.

Who installed your unit?

Oh and 1 more thing, that emulator that Chuck was helping me with in earlier post might be a good idea too. Keeps you from running back and forth to you car when modding. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get it up and running yet ( help anyone? ) so I can't give you a step by step on that one.

What was the problem that you've encountered?

I loaded all of the files, had to download and install virtual pc to instal the mobil 5.0 (if I'm remembering correctly) then copy and pasted the text it told me to and double clicked on the icon (Pioneer " " ") and I got a quick dos window then nothing. I just recently had to reinstall windows 7 on my MacBook pro so everything was wiped out. But that's the OS I'm using. Windows 7 Ultimate (specifically).

I loaded all of the files, had to download and install virtual pc to instal the mobil 5.0 (if I'm remembering correctly) then copy and pasted the text it told me to and double clicked on the icon (Pioneer " " ") and I got a quick dos window then nothing. I just recently had to reinstall windows 7 on my MacBook pro so everything was wiped out. But that's the OS I'm using. Windows 7 Ultimate (specifically).

Where do you find the icon Pioneer " " "? You have to double-click on the batch file RUN_AVIC.bat to start the Emulator. My batch file has the following contents, please change to suite your configuration:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Device Emulator\1.0\deviceemulator.exe" /video 800x480x16 /memsize 256 /c nk.bin /sharedfolder "D:\!Personal Folders\My Temp\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo"

Create the CONTENT\map folder, only put one file to it, the one *.FBL file for your region. Delete the basemap.fbl file.

Make sure that you put appropriate license files in LICENSE.

Don't forget to put the hacked EZRIDER.EXE to use map. Then the DATA.ZIP and the SYS.TXT files. After all that, double click on EZRIDER.EXE to start iGo Nav.