AVIC411.com

Chuck88's Mod v3.4b with Pioneer FW 4.0 and Primo 2.0 - Updated 2013-04-13

*** Smartzoom navigation aid ***  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use/prefer smartzoom during navigation?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but my mod doesn't have this feature or this feature is not working correctly.
    • No, I hate smartzoom.
    • I don't know what smartzoom is. Know it here (copy and paste): http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/28658-abbs-chrome-nav-mod-v325-aug-30th-10/page__st__165__p__213857#entry213857

Hmmm,

In the first download I got from the wiki section it instructed me to create a new text file with the text I copy and pasted, that in turn created the icon on my desktop that I tried to describe. When that didn't end up working I went back and downloaded from the rapidshare link you had posted for the other forum member and I think most of the changes you mentioned were already done ( basemap deleted, one map in the folder ect. ) the one thing I know for sure I didn't do is change the license and EZrider. Maybe that's my problem.

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read the instructions and is a bit lost on getting started ......this will me my first time using your software so am I using testmode or another method next question do I delete the whole disk drive or do I open the drive the select all the delete

For Chuck's mod you need to first downlod it and extract the files to and empty sd card ( just to make it easier ) you also want to put that test mode (V2.3) folder on there as well. Having the test mode folder on your sd card allows you to boot into that windows screen where you see " My Device", you'll need to double click on that and you will see all of the folders that you will be altering. If you want you can open Chuck's zip once you've downloaded it to see what's inside. The same files he provides you wit will also be inside of you "My Flash Disk" (which hopefully you've backed up) and you just REPLACE/OVERWRITE what is on your unit with the files Chuck gives you. DO NOT DELETE. that will be when you start to run in to freezes, reboots, and blackouts.

Good luck and let me know if I can help any further. :)

Hmmm,

In the first download I got from the wiki section it instructed me to create a new text file with the text I copy and pasted, that in turn created the icon on my desktop that I tried to describe. When that didn't end up working I went back and downloaded from the rapidshare link you had posted for the other forum member and I think most of the changes you mentioned were already done ( basemap deleted, one map in the folder ect. ) the one thing I know for sure I didn't do is change the license and EZrider. Maybe that's my problem.

Silly question, just want to make sure: did you install the Microsoft Windows CE 5.0 Emulator by executing this file: standalone_emulator_V1.exe?

I believe I already done something wrong basically so far what I done was download the chuck files move them to the sd card along with testmode then placed the sd card in my nav cut on my car once the nav entered testmode I went to my sd drive and selected everything but testmode and selected edit copy then went to my drive and without going to specific folders selected edit paste then process never overwritted anything just added the files which took 3 minutes.... So how do I undo what I just did and insall files the.correct way?

I believe I already done something wrong basically so far what I done was download the chuck files move them to the sd card along with testmode then placed the sd card in my nav cut on my car once the nav entered testmode I went to my sd drive and selected everything but testmode and selected edit copy then went to my drive and without going to specific folders selected edit paste then process never overwritted anything just added the files which took 3 minutes.... So how do I undo what I just did and insall files the.correct way?

You would have to identify the unspecific folder that you have dropped files to and cut all those files (see original ZIP archive for reference), then go to \My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo, then paste them there.

If you don't want BLUE highway signs, don't copy the ui_pioneer folder.

You would have to identify the unspecific folder that you have dropped files to and cut all those files (see original ZIP archive for reference), then go to \My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo, then paste them there.

If you don't want BLUE highway signs, don't copy the ui_pioneer folder.

I understand the second part but not the first part I assume that zip file guide is located in your thread I want to make sure I don't delete the wrong files I think it duplicated some of the original files I think have to take a second glance

You really need to know where you've dropped the files the first time!

If WinCE never asked you to overwrite a file, then you can safely assume that you've dropped the files in a folder other than the "\My Flash Disk\APL\iGo". So you have to locate this folder and move the dropped files.

To help you out, my files are summarized below:

post-41056-0-49960400-1297371215_thumb.jpg

DO NOT LOOK IN "\My Flash Disk\APL\iGo" for deletion, as this folder contains original Pioneer files. Once you find them, select all of them and select CUT from Explorer, then go to "\My Flash Disk\APL\iGo", select PASTE from Explorer, and confirm replacement of file first.

Note: You can delete "ui_pioneer" (only one file inside) if you want green highway signposts.

???Did you make a backup of "\My Flash Disk"???

Silly question, just want to make sure: did you install the Microsoft Windows CE 5.0 Emulator by executing this file: standalone_emulator_V1.exe?

Ok Chuck, I'm sorry to keep bothering you with this but having that emulator up and running will be a HUGE step in the right direction for me. I tried what you suggested but couldn't locate the "hacked EZrider.exe" or the appropriate lisence file you mentioned. I'm sure I didn't do something incorrectly so I'm going to delete and uninstall everything I did and start over from scratch. Would it be possible to get a step by step?

You really need to know where you've dropped the files the first time!

If WinCE never asked you to overwrite a file, then you can safely assume that you've dropped the files in a folder other than the "\My Flash Disk\APL\iGo". So you have to locate this folder and move the dropped files.

To help you out, my files are summarized below:

post-41056-0-49960400-1297371215_thumb.jpg

DO NOT LOOK IN "\My Flash Disk\APL\iGo" for deletion, as this folder contains original Pioneer files. Once you find them, select all of them and select CUT from Explorer, then go to "\My Flash Disk\APL\iGo", select PASTE from Explorer, and confirm replacement of file first.

Note: You can delete "ui_pioneer" (only one file inside) if you want green highway signposts.

???Did you make a backup of "\My Flash Disk"???

Yes I did and I found the files and got the nav working however the 3d cars is not showing up

Ok Chuck, I'm sorry to keep bothering you with this but having that emulator up and running will be a HUGE step in the right direction for me. I tried what you suggested but couldn't locate the "hacked EZrider.exe" or the appropriate lisence file you mentioned. I'm sure I didn't do something incorrectly so I'm going to delete and uninstall everything I did and start over from scratch. Would it be possible to get a step by step?

First of all, did you get this Windows after executing the batch file?

post-41056-0-13488800-1297386425_thumb.jpg

To be able to run the Emulator, you have to install the Emulator, downloaded from the Wiki.

You got to tell me what stage you have reached in the Emulator. If you have iGO working on your AVIC with newer map that you didn't pay for, then you already have the hacked EzRider.exe and appropriate license file, just copy them over from your AVIC.

Yes I did and I found the files and got the nav working however the 3d cars is not showing up

I assume that you have the "3DCars" folder under the "iGo" folder, you have to bring up the Applications Menu within the mod, then select the first icon of the second raw, with a car on a blue background.

From there, press INIT., restart your AVIC, then from the same location of INIT., press this time on SCAN LIST, wait a minute or so, then there you go! :rolleyes:

Chuck,

Nope, didn't even get that window. Double clicked on the batch file (desktop icon) then a quick DOS window poped up then dissapeared right away and that was it. Nothing happened after that. Not sure if my maps are updated but if I'm not mistaken the very fist mod I did on my unit was Abb's V2.x, maybe those are the maps I have now. From there went to Abb's V4, then yours, and now Diafitia's.

You didn't reach the stage of MAP or EZRIDER yet, you have to bring up the Emulator like the pic shown above.

Here is the checklist:

2. Make sure that you have installed the Emulator!
  3. Make sure that deviceemulator.exe is here: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Device Emulator\1.0\" or "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Device Emulator\1.0\".
  4. Make sure that the file NK.BIN is in the current folder.
  5. Make sure that there is a folder called "iGo-Chuck88" or anything else on top of the current folder.
  6. Now with all this, make sure that you have a batch file call RUN_AVIC.BAT with the following contents "

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Device Emulator\1.0\deviceemulator.exe" /video 800x480x16 /memsize 256 /c nk.bin /sharedfolder "iGo-Chuck88"

And modify to fit your configuration as abve.

Good luck!