AVIC411.com

Chuck88's Mod v3.4b with Pioneer FW 4.0 and Primo 2.0 - Updated 2013-04-13

*** Smartzoom navigation aid ***  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use/prefer smartzoom during navigation?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but my mod doesn't have this feature or this feature is not working correctly.
    • No, I hate smartzoom.
    • I don't know what smartzoom is. Know it here (copy and paste): http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/28658-abbs-chrome-nav-mod-v325-aug-30th-10/page__st__165__p__213857#entry213857

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Chuck I was wondering if you can help me out. In the map screen top right corner I just want the Clock and the speedometer. Now I want the clock on top of the speedometer with bigger font. now correct me if am wrong here, I comment out with simecolon the code of the icon that i dont want and replace the X, and Y cordinace of the compas with the Clock and the X, and Y cordinace of the Speedometer with the clock. Is this the correct way of doing it or is their more code somewere else for what I want to do

;******************************************************************************

<layer ui_navigatemapperm="" z="3000">

;Mod on-cockpit buttons -------------Are this code for the earth button on the bottom left

<sprite xxx="" bmp="CW_map_info_bg.bmp" x="583" y="53" z="1" alpha="16" visiblemodel="gps.valid">

<sprite xxx="" bmp="CW_map_info_bg.bmp" x="567" y="53" z="1" alpha="16" visiblemodel="!gps.valid">

;COMPASS

; <sprite xxx="" x="700" y="87" bmp="$status_minibattery.spr" phasemodel="power.battery_phase">

; <sprite xxx="" x="754" y="87" bmp="$status_minigps_onmap.spr" phasemodel="gps.connection_status">

;<sprite et_sprmaskcompass="" x="700" y="65" z="100" bmp="IDT_compass_mask.bmp" onrelease="run sc_btnBMC_Compass_OnRelease">

;<sprite et_sprniccompass="" x="700" y="65" z="99" h="25" w="95" attach_sprite_provider="other.attach_linear_compass(IDT_linear_compass.bmp,navigation.car_heading)">

;TIME

<text txt_time="" template="xtxt" x="700" y="56" z="100" w="95" font="tahoma" align="right" fontsize="40" color="#FF4040" glowsize="1" textmodel_time="gps.current_time" formatmodel="local.short_timeformat" onrelease="run sc_tripresetrefresh" visiblemodel="!navigation.has_route" dayperiod="1">

<text txt_time2="" template="xtxt" x="700" y="56" z="100" w="95" font="tahoma" align="right" fontsize="40" color="#FF4040" glowsize="1" textmodel_time="gps.current_time" formatmodel="local.short_timeformat" onrelease="NEXTSTATE st_IDT_infoscreen" visiblemodel="navigation.has_route" dayperiod="1">

;CURRENT SPEED/TRIPCOMPUTER

<text xxx="" template="xtxt" x="590" y="45" z="100" w="105" font="tahoma" align="right" fontsize="40" color="#00FF00" glowsize="1" textmodel_wstr="navigation.current_speed.full_text" onrelease="NEXTSTATE st_DigiSpidometr">

;GPS STATUS

; <sprite nogpssign="" bmp="nogps.bmp" x="563" y="86" onrelease="run sc_btnASM_GPS_OnRelease" visiblemodel="!gps.valid">

;BLUETOOTH PHONE MENU

;<button xxx="" bmp="smallbluetoothAJG2.bmp" x="619" y="95" z="100" alpha="24" visiblemodel="other.pioneer.bt_connected" onrelease="EXEC "other.pioneer.postmessage" "Tel" "WM_APP_AV_IGOMAP" 0" onlongclick="EXEC "other.pioneer.call_number" "other.pioneer.home_phone"">

;</button><button xxx="" bmp="smallbluetoothAJG2.bmp" x="619" y="95" z="100" alpha="24" visiblemodel="!other.pioneer.bt_connected" onrelease="EXEC "other.pioneer.postmessage" "Tel" "WM_APP_AV_IGOMAP" 0">

;<text xxx="" text="X" x="633" y="103" z="120" font="tahomabd" fontsize="20" color="#ff0000" glowsize="1" color2="#f8cc28" visiblemodel="!other.pioneer.bt_connected">

;ICONS BAR/BROWSER MENU BUTTON

</text></button><button xxx="" x="656" y="93" z="100" alpha="24" bmp="746_32K_MN-792_32b.bmp" onrelease="run sc_NaviMenuAlphaRestore" visiblemodel="ui.vCwTopIconsBarNum">

</button><button xxx="" x="656" y="93" z="100" alpha="24" bmp="746_32K_MN-792_32b.bmp" onrelease="NEXTSTATE st_navisettings" visiblemodel="!ui.vCwTopIconsBarNum">

;SMARTTRACK INFO

<text txt_cw_stmzl_actual="" text="" x="587" y="96" w="36" z="100" align="center" font="tahoma" fontsize="18" color="#ff0000" hide="">

<text txt_cw_stmzl_target="" text="" x="587" y="114" w="36" z="100" align="center" font="tahoma" fontsize="18" color="#ffffff" hide="">

</text></text></button></sprite></text></text></text></sprite></sprite></sprite></sprite></sprite></sprite></layer>

Installed the new mod with Primo yesterday. Great improvement! I was running Diaftia's mod first and this one seems smoother. My steering wheel buttons were lagging before, I reckon due to the high memory usage. They respond much better now!

Downsides:

- I don't really like the style of the menus, so I copied Diaftia's image.res. I like my music player clean, not shiny. No offence ;)

- Primo doesn't get a GPS fix. However it does see 10 satellites. I reckon it's the gyro sensor in my F900? Will try to adjust according to Ryars instructions

- TMC isn't working. Is this just adjusting the sys.txt to the proper unit?

- Speedcams in Primo don't show. Does it grab speedcams from the Igo or Primo content/speedcam folder? I'll try putting the txt in both folders.

- The unit has a hard time switching back to any menu when in Primo. Sometimes it gets in a loop where any tap on the screen sends you back to the A/V menu. So far the only way to get back to the map properly is to press the map button in the lower right corner. But from Primo back to the main menu often results in just the 'Destination' and 'Primo' button from the main screen to overlay on the map view without function. Hopefully this will be less or gone when I update the other issues.

Overall a lot of improvement that makes it worth to look into the issues I mention here. Thanks a lot! Only looking for UK TTS-pro voices now :D

Hey Chuck I was wondering if you can help me out. In the map screen top right corner I just want the Clock and the speedometer. Now I want the clock on top of the speedometer with bigger font. now correct me if am wrong here, I comment out with simecolon the code of the icon that i dont want and replace the X, and Y cordinace of the compas with the Clock and the X, and Y cordinace of the Speedometer with the clock. Is this the correct way of doing it or is their more code somewere else for what I want to do

It seems to be the correct way to do the edit by commenting out the undesired parts ... The best way would still be testing the result out on your AVIC. Sorry but this is pretty much and try-and-error thing. If you comment out a control that other places in the UI files want to control its attributes, then you'll get an error popup. Note the name of the control then search where it is been used under what circumstances. Then edit again.

A tip would be instead of commenting out the undesired controls, just put them out of the 800x480 screen coordinates, for example, put them to x=900 y=500.

Installed the new mod with Primo yesterday. Great improvement! I was running Diaftia's mod first and this one seems smoother. My steering wheel buttons were lagging before, I reckon due to the high memory usage. They respond much better now!

Downsides:

- I don't really like the style of the menus, so I copied Diaftia's image.res. I like my music player clean, not shiny. No offence ;)

- Primo doesn't get a GPS fix. However it does see 10 satellites. I reckon it's the gyro sensor in my F900? Will try to adjust according to Ryars instructions

- TMC isn't working. Is this just adjusting the sys.txt to the proper unit?

- Speedcams in Primo don't show. Does it grab speedcams from the Igo or Primo content/speedcam folder? I'll try putting the txt in both folders.

- The unit has a hard time switching back to any menu when in Primo. Sometimes it gets in a loop where any tap on the screen sends you back to the A/V menu. So far the only way to get back to the map properly is to press the map button in the lower right corner. But from Primo back to the main menu often results in just the 'Destination' and 'Primo' button from the main screen to overlay on the map view without function. Hopefully this will be less or gone when I update the other issues.

Overall a lot of improvement that makes it worth to look into the issues I mention here. Thanks a lot! Only looking for UK TTS-pro voices now :D

Image.res: you're doing the right thing. I don't recall why I put that one in (green) ... maybe I thought that I would never post my mod again back a while ago. The green one match my car's interior. Rememeber that you can also change the interface color of the iGo NAV in custom settings.

GPS fix: I don't know.

TMC: Edit the SYS.txt.

Speedcam: use the one under Primo/Content/Speedcam, copy only *.TXT file, the database file will be created by Primo or it will not work. You have to also enable the warning under Primo settings.

Switching back: this is a known issue: when switch back to Primo using the MAP button, you have to make sure that the current screen is MainMenu, NOT Phone app, NOT A/V app. If you were in Phone/AV app, you have to go back to MainMenu by using the arrow in the upper right corner, NOT the MENU button. Search ryar's posts for more details on this limitation.

It seems to be the correct way to do the edit by commenting out the undesired parts ... The best way would still be testing the result out on your AVIC. Sorry but this is pretty much and try-and-error thing. If you comment out a control that other places in the UI files want to control its attributes, then you'll get an error popup. Note the name of the control then search where it is been used under what circumstances. Then edit again.

A tip would be instead of commenting out the undesired controls, just put them out of the 800x480 screen coordinates, for example, put them to x=900 y=500.

I try everything and I kept getting a FFUIERROR:parse error [<state> tag expected]

Also thank you for the chrome

I try everything and I kept getting a FFUIERROR:parse error [<state> tag expected]

Also thank you for the chrome

Suggest to restart with the new download, then restart again using the originally released files (within the download DATA.zip) and follow my tip for (x, y) coordinates again. :)

Good luck!

I have a problem I have the fb-900bt I made the installation of "english avicnet for avic f series, working obd" But I had no satellite signals in garmin, the pilots I had another satellite signals.

now I did a clean install of "chuck88s modv3.4a with pioneer fw4.0 and primo 2.0" I have satellite signals to igo but not in primo.

the problem I might have;

I have firmaware v3.1

Thank

@Kleo: check Ryar's post for Primo (not AvicNet), in the 3rd post he explains the gyrosensor needs to be disabled.

@Chuck: thanks for all the answers! After Ryar's fix for the F900 (disabling the gyro), I get a fix all the time, no issues there. However I still don't get TMC signals it seems. Where in Primo should I find this? Under traffic I just see 'historic traffic'. My bluetooth is also messed up now. It doesn't find any phone and my phones don't find the Pioneer. When I disable bluetooth the unit starts lagging, gives some fatal errors and reboots. Bluetooth is now disabled. When enabling, the same happens: a reboot. But still no working bluetooth. Any idea? I fixed everything at once, so I am not sure what caused it. I am inclined to look at Ryar's update for WinCE first...

@Miller man: I can not find what you're telling me you can be more specific that you will find

if he knows someone help

Thanks

Sorry, my mistake. It was the AvicNet topic: http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/32763-english-avicnet-for-avic-f-series-working-obdii/page__view__findpost__p__239257

However I suspect this mod of disabling my bluetooth as well. Need to look into that.