AVIC411.com

Chuck88's Mod v3.4b with Pioneer FW 4.0 and Primo 2.0 - Updated 2013-04-13

*** Smartzoom navigation aid ***  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use/prefer smartzoom during navigation?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but my mod doesn't have this feature or this feature is not working correctly.
    • No, I hate smartzoom.
    • I don't know what smartzoom is. Know it here (copy and paste): http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/28658-abbs-chrome-nav-mod-v325-aug-30th-10/page__st__165__p__213857#entry213857

hey Chuck thanks again for the quick reply... I found the line, edited the color to fcfcfc and unfortunately i am getting a parse error when i try to start up the radio. Is there any way you could edit your data zip and post for me? Or maybe you know what I did wrong. I was able to subdue that screen we talked about. Thanks again. I will post a pic

Thanks Ovalball! :-P

JLEA, unzip the attached file with folder structure and place it under \My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo, so template_800_480.ui will be sitting under \My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\ui_pioneer\800_480\ui.

I changed the color to color=#fcfcfc in that file.

Good luck.

ui_pioneer.zip

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ha thanks ovalball I just notice that you answered me before!

Thanks again Chuck I will try loading this later... Am I dropping this file into your data.zip and then putting on the unit? I fried my brain trying to do this today sorry. Thanks!

Ha thanks ovalball I just notice that you answered me before!

Thanks again Chuck I will try loading this later... Am I dropping this file into your data.zip and then putting on the unit? I fried my brain trying to do this today sorry. Thanks!

Two ways:

1) What you've mentioned, drop it back to data.zip to replace the same file.

2) Save the file in the specified location without putting it back to the data.zip. The file outside the data.zip has prevalance over those inside.

Two ways:

1) What you've mentioned, drop it back to data.zip to replace the same file.

2) Save the file in the specified location without putting it back to the data.zip. The file outside the data.zip has prevalance over those inside.

Oh ok that makes sense I remember reading that at the beginning of the thread. I am going to try it right now! Thanks

Oh ok that makes sense I remember reading that at the beginning of the thread. I am going to try it right now! Thanks

Ok here she is! thank you guys sooo much. My next and I think final question is how do I change the color of the top left text? It is not a huge deal to me but if your not fed up with me yet i would like to change it. This mod is by far the best one I have used and i am just trying to make it match the car because it is a KEEPER! Thanks again for all the help!post-31636-0-54363000-1334802548_thumb.jpg

Ok here she is! thank you guys sooo much. My next and I think final question is how do I change the color of the top left text? It is not a huge deal to me but if your not fed up with me yet i would like to change it. This mod is by far the best one I have used and i am just trying to make it match the car because it is a KEEPER! Thanks again for all the help!post-31636-0-54363000-1334802548_thumb.jpg

With the same principle, you might want to play with the color of the following two lines under ui_Title, one for foreground text color and one for background:

<layer ui_Title z=35>
<TEXT Title2 x=65 y=18 z=0 align="LEFT" valign="BOTTOM-6" text=""  font="tahoma_abb" fontsize=30 color=#282830 w=526>
<TEXT Title x=60 y=13 z=160 align="LEFT" valign="BOTTOM-6" text=""  font="tahoma_abb" fontsize=30 color=#f8cc28 w=526>

This can be found starting at line 24 of general_800_480.ui.

Hello, great to see you stick with your mod. I wonder if I may ask a couple of noob questions.

I updated mine to 3 about a year+ ago, but it has become corrupted and laggy. I dont know what is the matter so I want to do a complete fresh update.

I have the F900bt (with black knob) so regardless what is on it now I would like to use your your mod since I like the look of primo and agree that I prefer smartzoom, it is essential near busy junctions (and I don't want to see the sky). I do like chrome better though.

It is a long time since I flashed mine so a little confusing to see so many options, but I just want to wipe it and have a good clean install with the latest wince (non buggy)

Is this a good idea or not. I have all backups from my last old install, inc old maps.

I am in the UK and use tmc

thanks for any tips / advice

Hi, I dont' think that you need to reflash the WinCE as the buggy problem doesn't have anything to do with the ROM based original Windows CE. What I suggest is to delete the whole "My Flash Disk" then restore from the stock backup, completely, at this point you should have the originally delivered iGo8 RUNNING perfect (try it first), without any other modded stucks, and from here you can then follow instructions of post 1 of this thread to embedded my mod.

Good luck.

Thanks good advice, but wont that restore all the nag screens etc.as well?

Of course, once I replace with your mod MFD then they will be gone.

Reading your notes again, I'm concerned about the 'sound' issue. Has this been resolved yet.? Imagine it's a real pain.

Edit: sorry to have to ask, would swapping MFD need to be done in test mode or can it be done through explorer

cheers

With the same principle, you might want to play with the color of the following two lines under ui_Title, one for foreground text color and one for background:

<layer ui_Title z=35>
<TEXT Title2 x=65 y=18 z=0 align="LEFT" valign="BOTTOM-6" text=""  font="tahoma_abb" fontsize=30 color=#282830 w=526>
<TEXT Title x=60 y=13 z=160 align="LEFT" valign="BOTTOM-6" text=""  font="tahoma_abb" fontsize=30 color=#f8cc28 w=526>

This can be found starting at line 24 of general_800_480.ui.

Thanks Chuck, it worked with no problems. Again I appreciate all the hard work you have put into this mod. Thanks!

Thanks good advice, but wont that restore all the nag screens etc.as well?

Of course, once I replace with your mod MFD then they will be gone.

Reading your notes again, I'm concerned about the 'sound' issue. Has this been resolved yet.? Imagine it's a real pain.

Edit: sorry to have to ask, would swapping MFD need to be done in test mode or can it be done through explorer

cheers

The sound issue is with Primo 2.0, not with my mod. I think it is still the issue (please see ryar's thread regarding AVICnet).

You can only delete MFD in Test Mode, through Explorer. :)

I've been reading up on the available mods while I await my F900bt - could anyone explain the sound issue with Primo 2.0 ?

The notes say that sound only works if an SD with MP3's is inserted before starting Primo.

I may be sounding slightly thick here, but as my F900 is yet to arrive I'm a little unclear - AFAIK the SD slot in the front of the unit holds the maps?

I've got a 32GB card already, which I'm going to have a bunch of MP3's on anyway (and the maps if that's where they live), so does this mean sound will just work? or do you have to be using the SD card as an audio source (ie. actually playing the MP3's) for sound to work?

Cheers!