AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V3.6 - UPDATED: 04/19/11 - Now with auto installer.

The shortcut is a long press on the current speed sign.

Everything is in the quick menu. That particular button is under the user menu 2. To get there bring up the quick menu you will see "Extra 1 Menu" then "User 2 Menu". There you will see all of the extra screens. The one you want is speedo.

Alex

Hi Alex

Now I've tried again I can get to that screen but its a digital speedo. I am sure when I first loaded it I got an analogue speedo - Found now in user menu

I dont do much driving really but it seems really good so far warning me of all speed cameras, showing signs, speed limits etc.

One more question, I note many people refer to TMC but I've never had that. Can I get it in the UK and is it any good? I have turned on in the menu but it says TMC hardware not found?

Cheers

edit: found quick menu

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Diafia,

I've tried your latest version today and I'm having two problems.

First one:

I can't get the unit on with your image.res! It seems to be to big? It starts to boot but then it hangs up and stays in bootscreen.

Since V2.3 I use an image.res with a size of 1.03 MB - if I copy that one over it, everything works fine!

It seems, that every image.res with a bigger size is not working. Smallest one I've tested today was 1.5 MB and it still hangs up!

On my search for new images I found files with 3.5 MB - how does that work if mine is hanging up with half of the size?

I've also tried to unpack my image.res, changed some images and ziped that one again - but curiously I do not get approximately the original size again!

I even tried to unzip and zip my original .res-file, but I do not get the original size again!? Tried it with Win.RAR ans 7-zip - same result and size - it goes to 1.9 MB instead of 1.03 MB WITHOUT changing anything!

Any idea for that?

Second problem:

TMC is not working correct! It shows every TMC event with kind and distance, but it does not show freeway / highway numbers! only the shortcut for roadtype is shown, but without a number!

For example german freeways are A1 or A61 and highways are B1 or B61 - but it only shows the kind of event, distance to event an roadtype A or B instead of A1 / B61!

Any idea?

I've tried it with V3.1 and V3.3 - last one working was V2.3!

@ gehklaus: is it (TMC) working correct on your unit and does it show roadnumbers?

Maybe someone will try the image.res I'd like to use and tell me if it works on your unit: Image.zip

(Rename .zip to .res!)

This is the working one I use: Image.zip

(Rename .zip to .res!)

Use 7zip to create image.7z then rename it to image.res.

maybe you can't run larger image.res files because you're still on firmware 2.x?

maybe you can't run larger image.res files because you're still on firmware 2.x?

That is correct, you need 7zip!

I personally have an Image.res of 3.5 MB, no problem at all since one year in FW 3.x.

DAMN!!! THX for advice!!

Too long ago since I last edited my file and I still had no un-renamed file, only that one with .res as ending!

So I thought, that it had to be a .zip that has to be renamed!!!

I will try...

quick unrelated "testmode" question :

on my 910 when I am in "testmode" the navigation menu at top of the window is impossible access (file,edit etc) I have tried the screen orientation etc. etc. I can see it but I just cannot get to the drop-down

any tricks or tips?

I found on my 900 that if I have problems with the touch screen accuracy in testmode I go to control panel in winCE and recalibrate the screen. I think it is under stylus in the control panel from memory.

DAMN!!! THX for advice!!

Too long ago since I last edited my file and I still had no un-renamed file, only that one with .res as ending!

So I thought, that it had to be a .zip that has to be renamed!!!

I will try...

Also unlike the DATA.zip, make sure that when you zip, you have to right-clicking on the "Image" folder and not selecting the contents within it. In order words, folder name "Image\" must be placed in the zip file structure.

Alex,reference spoken warning on speed cams(sorry).when I adjust the volume slider I can't hear the warning but I am certain I should be able to.Do you think I might have a file or two missing..

Same here and I'm also in UK in case EU is the issue.

Also when I select Tom-tom colour scheme (I didn't add it so must be standard) Navi locks up?

No, I's the same as before! But I've often been wondering about the sence of that 300m command, too - on freeways sometimes it sucks!!

Maybe there is a way to get it away by editing the excel-file in the voice_xxx.zip file?

I am working on this. Its in the commands.csv file within the tts file. The problem is its all csv and the file format is picky (as in cant open and save in excel). There are also dependencies on lines as in one line is simplified by calling another. If the original line is no there the unit will not load. Goodtimes. I have a file to test on my way home today. We'll see how it goes.

Diaftia,

Thank you for your work!!!

One big request though.....

Can you PLEASE have your mod make me coffee in the morning?

I think that's all it need to be completed!!!!

Thank you once again!

I will work on getting the SCADA protocol working so I can control devices. ;) LOL! hahaha!

Alex,reference spoken warning on speed cams(sorry).when I adjust the volume slider I can't hear the warning but I am certain I should be able to.Do you think I might have a file or two missing..

Shouldnt... they are in the audio folder within the data.zip. There might be a language issue in the sys.txt? Did you make sure you have the GB setting in sys.txt and not my incorrect UK for the language as found a few pages back?