AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V3.6 - UPDATED: 04/19/11 - Now with auto installer.

Alex,

Your mod shows a red arrow for the car current position yet mine shows a red 3D car. Am I missing something?

Thanx,

Bud

You are using 3D car addon, probably from previous mod that you have installed!

Diaftia's mod uses the standard iGo car model, which is an arrow.

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If adding application is a challenge, then can anybody tells me how to add "Notepad.exe" to the user interface? :wink: By script?

That is easy, the tough part is finding a .cab file that works for windows CE! Working .cab files are hard to find anymore as nobody uses the OS anymore.

That is easy, the tough part is finding a .cab file that works for windows CE! Working .cab files are hard to find anymore as nobody uses the OS anymore.

Abb, I do have a .CAB maker that works will WinCE. However I don't think that I need it in this stage, as I already have the Notepad.exe and the associate Microsoft DLL for the Notepad.exe application. When I open Explorer within WinCE and double clicking on Notepad.exe, it does open correctly. But when I link the application with the following script, nothing happens when it is called. Any idea?

<script sc_run_notepad>
50  run 'START_APPLICATION "Extension\notepad.exe" ""'
50  run 'START_APPLICATION "\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\Extension\" ""'
</script>

In the second line, I try to open an Explorer window but nothing happens as well :evil:

This is a question, not a statement, Why would anyone want coreplayer installed when Pioneers AV player is better. That has always blown me away. The same thing goes with having TomTom installed when the Avic is a much better NAV program! Is it just to say 'I am different' or is there a benefit to using coreplayer?

Pioneer AV player is good, but it only reproduces MP3

The only reason I need Coreplayer is I have all my music in FLAC format

I only listen to classical music, and MP3 format has the great disadvantage that between two tracks there is always a gap

Actually, my question should be:

Is there any way to play FLAC format with the AVIC ?

You are using 3D car addon, probably from previous mod that you have installed!

Diaftia's mod uses the standard iGo car model, which is an arrow.

Negative...I removed all of the associated 3DCars trace files and cleaned the save/igo files and it is still there.

Mysterious...:( I do still have the ui_igo8 folder in the Data.zip from ABB's mod because i am using some of his schemes still that pull BMP's from that folder. Maybe this is the prob?

I will rearrange the BMP's elsewhere and blast this folder and see what happens.

Thanx

Negative...I removed all of the associated 3DCars trace files and cleaned the save/igo files and it is still there.

Mysterious...:( I do still have the ui_igo8 folder in the Data.zip from ABB's mod because i am using some of his schemes still that pull BMP's from that folder. Maybe this is the prob?

I will rearrange the BMP's elsewhere and blast this folder and see what happens.

Thanx

I think that when you select a 3D car, the addon actually copies a couple of car images files to your AVIC permanently, until it is changed again. So you have to find those files and replaced by Pioneer's original.

Good hunting!

I think that when you select a 3D car, the addon actually copies a couple of car images files to your AVIC permanently, until it is changed again. So you have to find those files and replaced by Pioneer's original.

Good hunting!

Time for an OS wipe!

Unless Alex can upload a copy of his Flash Disk to the file sharing site. I have so damn many backups now it sickens me :(

***UPDATE***

They were hidden in my GFX folder. I removed all of the "car" files (.mdl, .tex...etc five total) and viola!

Back to the default arrow! If I want the little red 3D sports car I just reload those files!

Kinda easy and a neat change. I liked the 3D cars but there were WAYYYY too many of them and this one is okay with me.

Bud

There are a few questions I have been meaning to ask:

Are you supposed to be able to delete erroneous red light and speed camera warnings? When I click on the warning and press delete, nothing happens.

Also, sometimes a blue circular sign appears that has a number in it like 55. It does not correspond to the speed limit or the current speed so i'm not sure what it's for.

Also, the speeding warning seems to be muted sometimes, is it something I set wrong?

-on my phone so sorry for my brevity.

Yeah I have noticed this too. I think there is a movecursortoselecteditem missing in there someplace. Its never worked right. I will add it to the list.

That number reflects what the speedcam setting is. Not what the street speed is. So if the street speed is 55 and the speedcam data says its 65 it will show 65. Edit the speedcam and it will show correctly.

Depends on what setting you have for speed warning I think. You can edit the volume and type of setting per camera type.

Hey, Alex,

Maybe you can gander at my Img.res file and see if you can incorporate some of it's bits. I worked alot at defining it. It is a blue theme. I made the radio "towers" change colors with signal strength among other things. Check it out!

Thanx again for all of your great work!

Bud

My Image.res

Awesome! Thanks Bud! I will check it out to see what you have done. :)

Diaftias,

"Pioneer AV icon hide setting. Can also do a quick toggle by holding the elevation sign down. When AV icon is hidden the current street text space is expanded so it wont scroll or compress."

On mine, only hide the bottom bar, but the ipod icon in the corner and the cd's pic still showing.

Is that the way it should work?

I tested this and its working fine. Not sure what is going on. On mine it hides the bottom bar and album artwork. There is only one Pioneer toggle for this. Its not really configurable. If you can take a picture of it so I know we are talking about the same thing that would be great.

Anyone tried to install this mod by USB-stick ?

My SD-Card is not accessible (builtin F500BT) and I have to boot from a USB-stick.

When I use the Diaftia's install I get the message that Copytool.exe does not exist (on \storage card\etc).

Since I have a working "testmode"-directory I copied that one on the stick en took diafta's copytool.mscr

The menu (choose system) appears but after choosing type 6 (F500 Europe) I get another message.

I think this is because the copy from directory in de .mscr is "\storage card" and should be "\USB disk" ?

Can anyone confirm this ?

Is there any other thing i should change so I can install the mod from a USB-stick ?

Even better : Maybe Diaftia can make an alternative install for USB-users (users with builtin-GPS) ?

Edit: found out it is nog only the .mscr that needs modifying, also copytool2.exe is needed

so i've put copytool2 also in the testmode-map, en retry... After clicking the right type (F500 europe) I get the message regarding copy (where I click OK), en then a new windows with "OK"... but nothings happens anymore (USB-stick light off).

Seems to me that Daftia's testmode is maybe alright for USB except the startup-folder \storage card\testmode for the copytools.exe.

Does anyone know where that path is located (wich file) ?

Thank god I have a backup ;-))

Edit : I used +/- the manual install of Diaftia's earlier version (even kept my personal POI's an Routes) and it seems to work fine. Will test the next few days...

Diaftia's : thanks for a great mod, specially the extra options you created...

Hi-

Yeah to keep the sanity of my script it is very specific to SD card (hence the extract to sd card in the file name). If you need to install from USB I would have recommended doing exactly what you did. Copy the contents of mitacap to the root of the flash disk. Glad you got it working and you are welcome! :)

I noticed in the map_nt file included in your mod you have just the basemap and Washington D.C.. I have the California & basemap from 2009-Q4 that I will try. What about the building files? Am I going to have to put these in a separate Building folder to view these?

Thanx,

Bud

All the mod does is rename your map directory. It will use your existing POI and building files. You can enable a toggle in the sys.txt to rotate the poi directory too although I have not played with that much.

Alex,

Could you be so kind as to upload a copy of your current "My Flash Disk" to the server of your choice? The reason I ask is because I am getting too many conflicting files because I currently am using ABB's V4 and a lot of these files are getting overwritten and duplicated so I just need to clean it up.

Thanx again for all of the great work!

Bud

Hey Bud-

Do you still need this? PM me if so. I will need some time to compress and upload everything so I want to make sure you didnt get this done already.

Alex

Hi

Having only got this unit 3 weeks ago and putting 3.3(now3.4) on it I have just about learned my way round it and can do most things I want to. I sort of wish I used it before installing this mod as I don't know which bits this mod added!

Anyway all is good apart from TMC doesn't seem to work at all. When I click TMC via quick menu it shows a blue dot to the left of the 'TMC present' bar showing no signal I guess. When I go in to settings it shows TMC type, protocol and baud rate which are set to auto and there is a button to detect settings and if I try that it cycles through TMC types and protocols but ends up saying no TMC hardware found.

I must have TMC built in because its written on the front of the unit (with DVD etc) so any idea why I'm having trouble with this please?

Can you check to make sure the device setting and the tmc settings are correct in sys.txt? Maybe post them here so I can see?

Alex,

Your mod shows a red arrow for the car current position yet mine shows a red 3D car. Am I missing something?

Thanx,

Bud

I have seen this happens when you have used 3dcars with someone elses mods before. It renames or modifies something outside of sys.txt and the standard save files. I have yet to reverse engineer this. But I have a GT-R in my emulator that I cant get rid of. Part of the reason I never installed it on my unit.

One of two things you can do... restore from backup (which is why you might have requested mine), or install someones mods that has 3Dcars on it and set it back to the arrow. Then install my mods again.

Alex