AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V3.6 - UPDATED: 04/19/11 - Now with auto installer.

Instead, I would stick with what I have and make it better! :mrgreen:

If adding application is a challenge, then can anybody tells me how to add "Notepad.exe" to the user interface? :wink: By script?

This app is really weird. I am not sure it operates like most other apps. For example when you open any file other than a txt file (say an mscr file) it tries to open a help file in a loop and you get stuck. Its some random file that I found here:

http://scw.us/ce/notepad/

If anyone has the wince notepad from an actual non-stripped copy of wince (say a smartphone) that would be the best program to experiment with.

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This app is really weird. I am not sure it operates like most other apps. For example when you open any file other than a txt file (say an mscr file) it tries to open a help file in a loop and you get stuck. Its some random file that I found here:

http://scw.us/ce/notepad/

If anyone has the wince notepad from an actual non-stripped copy of wince (say a smartphone) that would be the best program to experiment with.

Yeah, that was what I have observed, weird!

As an alternative, in the included WinCE Commander (from TestMode 2.3), there is a button that you can open any text file under 70 KB of size.

Hey Bud-

Do you still need this? PM me if so. I will need some time to compress and upload everything so I want to make sure you didnt get this done already.

Alex

I got it sorted out!! Thanx anyway. I did alot of file scrubbing and I found most of my flaws. I really love this iterration, Alex! Hats off to you once again!

One happy camper...Bud

BTW...if it were'nt for ALL of you modders we wouldn't have the refinements we have today. Diafatia, ABB, Chuck, 34by151, Boris, IDT,et;al :)

Thank you ALL OF YOU!!!

This is because the Navi has to send a command to the uCom chip to tell the AV selector device to pipe the Navi's audio over to the volume/amp circuit. All of the other sources (iPod/AV1, AV2, IPBus) circumvent the Navi entirely and have their audio routed directly to the volume/amp by the AV selector on the AV board. This is why you must have selected the SD or USB audio source before the Navi's music can be played on the speakers.

Thanks for your response, How can I "send a command to the uCom chip" ?

Thanks to Diaftia mod, in the user menu I have a direct access to coreplayer and it starts correctly. But it doesn't sound !!!! :-(:-(

Thanks to Diaftia mod, in the user menu I have a direct access to coreplayer and it starts correctly. But it doesn't sound !!!! :-(:-(

That is what FourG is explaining, the uCom command is sent internally in the AVIC when you have the audio source ON. So if you want sound from the Coreplayer, you have to first turn to the Pioneer's A/V player first, then start Coreplayer.

Coreplayer doesn't control your AVIC hardware, the sound hardware! :rolleyes:

Hi Diaftia, First, great work on the new facelift, so many good useful features like current speed and all. It's funny they couldn't just do that from the beginning. Also, The color theme all around has better contrast and makes the screen look like it has really high res. Great work.

I was wondering, Is it possible that for Canadian maps, the highway signs don't show? Same with the lane indicator? I notice one of the picture it has 2 signs that looks like the signs on highways and at the bottom, it shows you which lane to be on.

I tried it on my unit while driving on some major highways and nothing.

I should add, I'm really glad you tone down the voice notification now. I used to always turn the voice guidance off cause she talk way too much hehe.

Also one last question, when I go over the speed limit, is there a way to change the warning so that instead of samantha saying "you are over the speed limit" it could be something like a beep or audible sound like when there is a speed camera or a no turning road.

Is there also a way to adjust the the volume so that when Samantha talks, the music only fades but doesnt go all the way off. I remember when the deck was in stock mode, I could tune the sound to fade over voice.

Btw, I have a F700bt

Thanks and great job once again!!

That is what FourG is explaining, the uCom command is sent internally in the AVIC when you have the audio source ON. So if you want sound from the Coreplayer, you have to first turn to the Pioneer's A/V player first, then start Coreplayer.

Coreplayer doesn't control your AVIC hardware, the sound hardware! :rolleyes:

Thanks for your quick response

But the only way I know to run Coreplayer is from the users menu of Diaftia's mod. I access to this menu from a little explorer window in the Map menu.

If I turn to the Pioneer's A/V player first...... How can I access to the users menu ????

Other option would be start playing some song with A/V player, pause the reproduction and keep Pionner player running on silence, go to the map and start coreplayer......

It's a pity Pioneer's A/V player doesn't play FLAC format (or any other gapless format)

I've been trying to find time to answer that very question. Looking at the service manual I know it's hooked up to one of the Navi's serial ports (UART2), but I still need to add additional code to HaRET to be able to trace the memory writes and reads the CPU does to send commands to the uCom via the serial port. Which thanks to work, I just don't have time for these days. :(

Hi Diaftia, First, great work on the new facelift, so many good useful features like current speed and all. It's funny they couldn't just do that from the beginning. Also, The color theme all around has better contrast and makes the screen look like it has really high res. Great work.

Thanks. :)

I was wondering, Is it possible that for Canadian maps, the highway signs don't show? Same with the lane indicator? I notice one of the picture it has 2 signs that looks like the signs on highways and at the bottom, it shows you which lane to be on.

I tried it on my unit while driving on some major highways and nothing.

When these items show up is driven by the map data. What you might do is try another type of map. If the map data has the data in them the mods will show it. Its not a configurable thing other than show/don't show.

I should add, I'm really glad you tone down the voice notification now. I used to always turn the voice guidance off cause she talk way too much hehe.

Also one last question, when I go over the speed limit, is there a way to change the warning so that instead of samantha saying "you are over the speed limit" it could be something like a beep or audible sound like when there is a speed camera or a no turning road.

I'll take a look at it. Its not a feature I use so I will see what I can do to expand on it.

Is there also a way to adjust the the volume so that when Samantha talks, the music only fades but doesnt go all the way off. I remember when the deck was in stock mode, I could tune the sound to fade over voice.

Was this really an option on the stock mods? I was always under the impression it could not do this. If you have a way to verify this it would be great. You said it was configurable?

Btw, I have a F700bt

Thanks and great job once again!!

I have Coreplayer running FLAC format with the trick of pause Pioneer A/V player

But surprisingly, Coreplayer has gaps between tracks as well !!!!

Probably gapless reproduction is hardware dependent, not only software

I will continue testing, but may be two ways:

1- Try to reproduce a single file with .cue playlist

2- Buy an Ipod to use as external player