AVIC411.com

AVIC D3 is here

The nav disc will load your chosen route (say, a 60 mile trek home from grandma's house) into the memory, right? O.K. But on the way home you hit too much traffic on the freeway and decide to use the surface roads which will add 20 miles to your route home. Will you need to reinsert the Nav DVD for this change, or will there be enough maps info in the memory to handle the route change?

Yeah, that's a good question. Frankly, I don't use my CD player enough for it to be a major concern (iPod guy, here) but I'd hope that the Nav unit would load enough of the map that if yu accidentally make a wrong turn, it'll get you back on track without any hassles.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I called my local Pioneer Premier retailer (I've been a customer of theres since 1997 when I bought my DEX-P1R) and they informed me that a shipment of D3s was on order and expected to arrive in a week or two, so I went ahead and reserved one...

According to them, they are shipping from eastern U.S. distributors. :)

We'll see for sure when they call me to come pickup my D3.

• 2 weeks later...

I tend to agree, Crutchfield should receive some of the first shipment... They dropped the D2 quiet some time ago in anticipation of the D3.

http://www.savinglots.com/lotprod.asp?i ... patibility

That site (no clue if it's legit or not, but I know I wouldn't order from them) has the AVIC-D3 at $799 (out of stock of course since I guess it's supposed to be a pre-order) which is prob what online/street price still start out at when they do finally start shipping... $799 sounds great to me though. :)

There is a web site advetising the D3 "In Stock" right now. Check it out.... http://www.bestsaleprices.com/index.asp ... rodID=3270 .... I e-mailed them 3 days ago and asked how did they have it in stock if it hasn't been released yet by Pioneer? I also asked for a pic of the unit in the box!... guess what I got from them? Z E R O ...... nada...... no reply......

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a few questions I haven't seen posted:

Since the device plays divX natively, do you think it plays Xvid?

What exactly is the "bluetooth streaming" that this unit is talking about?

Can it access my iPod as a standard hard drive instead of just a ipod?

What kind of mod options will we have for unlocking full controls while driving?

Any ideas?

1. Since the device plays divX natively, do you think it plays Xvid? Yes, of course since is will have the latest codec.

2. What exactly is the "bluetooth streaming" that this unit is talking about? It will have the ability to stream stereo audio from personal music players, and offer control of that player via bluetooth.

3. Can it access my iPod as a standard hard drive instead of just a ipod? No clue, I doubt it.

4. What kind of mod options will we have for unlocking full controls while driving? I was thinking green fairy dust with a side of putoa.

Gold will suffice if you add some freshly ground windows wingdings.

Putoa is currently only available at hidden kiosk locations within randomly selected hymenbusters retail stores, as far as I know anyhow... I will let you know if I discover any other sources. I believe the target MSRP is around $1.28