AVIC411.com

I have a relay on mine--initially, I thought it didn't work but then I figured out for some reason, I have to put the car on utility and let the radio turn on for the relay to function properly.

What do mean by putting the car on Utility. I'm not sure what that means. I experience the same inconsistencies and most here. Sometimes my relay works, other times it doesn't and I think it's a tiing issue as to when you plug your phone in.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay, I must be missing something. I spent a lot of time explaining all of this to the technician installing my appradio after christmas. He then showed me how the warning display went away after touching a wire to the car ground. He hardwired it and I never had the message since. What am I missing? I have an european model, and there is a 'safety mode' in the menu I set to OFF. I never tried flipping it.. I have a lot of apps running but was never able to display video. I can run Maps, contacts, ipod (music), StreamS, etc. Are the apps not available hidden for me?

thanks in advance.

Balazs

I dont know if theres a difference between european models but i did the switch thing, one wire is the brake wire from the radio, the other is ground,. just like a lot of people here, whenever the brake on off on prompt comes up, i just flip the switch and it works fine, really not that much of a pain in the ass,

• 4 weeks later...

I started out with 2.22 and AppRadio extensions after iOS5. Even though iOS5 broke much of the app ext it still worked pretty good for me. I updated to 2.45, and it broke more of app ext, but I would say it seemed faster. Yesterday I upgraded to 2.22 AppRadio +. It did all as advertized, makes all warnings disappear, but it looks buggy and at times other screens come up and at this point is not fully translated into English. I think it's a great start, but needs some fine tuning. This morning I went back to Pioneer 2.22 and updated to the latest AppRadio Extensions, I must say this is by far the cleanest solution to date. I see some people have found some bugs and im sure Mike will get them fixed quickly. Some observations:

Warning screens show up as apps are loading, but once the app is loaded they disappear. So have a little patience.

It takes a while for the iPhone to connect to Bluetooth. Again need a little patience. You can disconnect your phone and Bluetooth still works.

My relay parking brake bypass is working great.

I do not like the AppRadio phonebook, you can not scroll by letters. I find this aggravating and dangerous.

I don't like the contacts for phone use much either. If you use this to call someone it delays quite a while before it indicates you're connected, meanwhile the person on the other end is wondering what's going on.

In addition to AppRadio Extensions, I have Handsfree, voice activator, and activator loaded. Between all of theses I can talk to my iphone and get it to load apps Handsfree, works pretty slick

Overall we are closer no thanks to Pioneer!