AVIC411.com

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

I've just purchased an appradio. I am a complete noob. I have read this whole thread, but I have some questions.

Hardwire fixes:

1) Relay + TR7 = will AUTOMATICALLY engage the double bypass for the parking break every time the car is turned on. The drawback is that the appradio asks for the parking break routine every time you start a new app. So leaving the navigation app and coming back to it later, you may have the warning message and not be able to use the navigation?

2) Switch = can MANUALLY send a +ive, -ive, +ive signal to simulate the brake when needed. The drawback is that it is not automatic. However, the relay+TR7 may not work if you are switching apps, and thus this seems like a better solution.

Software + Hardwire

1) Can use Firmware 2.22 and Appradio Extensions with the standard 5 pin relay bypass. Would this have the same drawback as the relay+TR7?

Software

1) Is there any way to simply bypass the parking break with software?

I'm pretty sure it only asks for the parking break routine only once as long as the parking wire stays grounded. I have a relay and if i need video or to type i just wait till the brake popup shows up before starting the car and it works fine after that. It is a bit annoying, but at least apps don't completely stop working if i don't do it.

Yeah you got another noob here. I had the radio installed and the guy put the relay behind the unit for the bypass. When I left everything was working. I had to go back two days later to get the sub fixed. The other tech was some kinda do gooder and mentioned I wasn't supposed to have that. I came home and installed the updated 2.45 firmware and now nothing works. No apps, just sticks on the warning page with the ok, but you can't press the ok. Doesn't matter if I launch the appradio app or not, phone wont work, nothing but radio and ipod. Useless radio now. I pulled the unit out to make sure nothing came apart with the relay, or that douche disconnected anything, but it all looks ok. I've tried to read through here, but haven't seen anything difinitive if the update somehow affects the bypass? If so does anyone have any clue how to get back to an earlier firmware version? Is it as simple as hitting the reset button by the card slot?

Yeah you got another noob here. I had the radio installed and the guy put the relay behind the unit for the bypass. When I left everything was working. I had to go back two days later to get the sub fixed. The other tech was some kinda do gooder and mentioned I wasn't supposed to have that. I came home and installed the updated 2.45 firmware and now nothing works. No apps, just sticks on the warning page with the ok, but you can't press the ok. Doesn't matter if I launch the appradio app or not, phone wont work, nothing but radio and ipod. Useless radio now. I pulled the unit out to make sure nothing came apart with the relay, or that douche disconnected anything, but it all looks ok. I've tried to read through here, but haven't seen anything difinitive if the update somehow affects the bypass? If so does anyone have any clue how to get back to an earlier firmware version? Is it as simple as hitting the reset button by the card slot?

2.45 broke the brake bypass. Reinstall 2.22. If you go to the AppRadio plus thread there are instructions and files to go back. I have just the relay, no need for both a relay and the TR7. Mine works great. I also upgraded to the AppRadio plus, that gets around all the flaws, but it is a little ruff, so I went back to 2.22 with AppRadio Extensions. A member is working on a new version that should be out any day.

Got it thanks! Went back to 2.22 and everything is fine. I appreciate it.

Wouldn't the relay only send one signal to the deck? How would that simulate the break on/off/on process?

Do you need 2.22 and AppRadio extensions to use the relay?

Wouldn't the relay only send one signal to the deck? How would that simulate the break on/off/on process?

Do you need 2.22 and AppRadio extensions to use the relay?

You don't need AppRadio Ext for the brake bypass to work; however the whole experience is much better with AppRadio Ext.

Just to be clear there is AppRadio Ext that works on your iPhone. Mike as done a great job but it is limited in how far he can go because of the limitations of the iPhone to AppRadio.

There are other members working on AppRadio Plus, this is a software rewrite to the actual Pioneer AppRadio software. The first version 2.22+ takes care of all the issues we want addressed. The problem is that except for the main window, the rest of it was in another language and it is not stable. You might be on the main window and another window would pop up. You could however simply hit the home key. Djskam has posted that he is working on this program and will post soon a better version. I am looking forward to his latest efforts.

• 2 weeks later...

I,ve just got one 01 model and the same thing asking to do the proccedue of on and off of break.. I tried to install the relay same thing,... also, I can open the nav but.,, you can't lisen to the radio at the same time.

here is my issue:

.. while driving using navigation there is no Samantha nor Jason talking therefore you will follow looking at the screen in the same issue of watching vedeo.

Well, finally the unit can be bypass but you need to use relay the reverse way. There are some say just install the relay by powered through blue wire but you need to use the handbreak ground wire to operate the relay. still need to follow the proccedure what the unit say but it works....

Has there been a working bypass besides a switch yet? has the tr7 been confirmed to work, cause I know some people have had issues. I'm picking up my radio to replace my d3 this weekend and would love to know.

Thanks!

I tried the TR7 and it worked for a bit and then stopped working suddenly. :(

Haven't had a chance to try reprogramming it again.

i would say the only 100% thing that works for the on, off, on brake bypass is a switch. From all that i have read thats the only thing that works 100% of the time right now. I have the relay, and it works with some fussing ( have to switch the car on and off a couple times). Someone please correct me if i'm wrong.

guys, I don't know what's going on here but here's my experience:

I installed the appradio yesterday and out of interest I put the handbrake wire to an earth point just to see the routine.

To my surprise, it worked, and continued to work even while driving!

So, i thought I'd update to 2.45, just incase i no longer worked, but it still did.

For your info, I'm thinking this must be a difference in the EU and USA firmware (I'm running the EU/UK version) although I don't know what other differences there would be, I'm guessing the radio for a start, we run different frequencies to you.

Maybe someone could splice the firmwares together or something? I can post a video if needed to prove....