AVIC411.com

AVIC-D3 ETA?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure they just never adjusted the pricing from when Pioneer announced the D3 in november. They will drop it to 999.99 or they won't sell many. They apparently screw their employees on the employee discount too. CC pays way less than $700 for the D3 and charges its own people almost $900. Thats weak

$1099? Way to rip off the consumer $100 over the MSRP! Thanks CC!

MSRP is not 999, that is MAP there is a difference. The MSRP is 1100.

CC pays way less than $700 for the D3 and charges its own people almost $900. Thats weak

Yes it is.

CC doesnt pay way less than 700. they have to make money to keep the lights on you know

Pioneer always lists MSRP on their site. It lists $1000 next to the D3. And they do pay less than $700. I do agree with you on the keeping the lights on part though, still think they are jacking their own employees

MSRP is not 999, that is MAP there is a difference. The MSRP is 1100.

CC doesnt pay way less than 700. they have to make money to keep the lights on you know

Uhm, T, apparently you've not been involved in car audio long...

Any retailer is getting a product that retails at $1,000 for much less than $700 and Pioneer lists retail.

So basically, you're totally wrong.

And with a large retailer, ie: BestBuy/CircuitCity, not only do they have to keep the lights on, but they have to keep the store clean, organized, up-to-date with fancy displays, building maintained/property taxes paid/franchise fees paid, etc. All of these costs ultimately get passed onto the consumer as higher prices, it's simply economics.

When they say that it will be released in March - anyone got any inkling from previous Pioneer product releases as to whether it's the beginning, middle or end of March?

I am going to have one installed in my 07 Holiday Rambler diesel pusher. I need to replace the ridiculous stock radio/DVD player and this is what I intend to use. I want the Nav system in it also - because, since it's 41 feet long (52 feet with Ford Ranger in tow), I can't afford to get lost. Might have to back over your BMW to get turned around!! LOL!!

Also, do we anticipate any problems with the emergency brake wire? Since my motor coach has air brakes, there is no emergency brake.

Will the switch method work with this? Any ideas?

Uhm, T, apparently you've not been involved in car audio long...

Any retailer is getting a product that retails at $1,000 for much less than $700 and Pioneer lists retail.

So basically, you're totally wrong.

And with a large retailer, ie: BestBuy/CircuitCity, not only do they have to keep the lights on, but they have to keep the store clean, organized, up-to-date with fancy displays, building maintained/property taxes paid/franchise fees paid, etc. All of these costs ultimately get passed onto the consumer as higher prices, it's simply economics.

haha i love this post

i am not here to get in a pissing match with you but you have no clue

The only thing he seems to be "wrong" about is that not ALL retailers will get the unit so inexpensive. However, large chains buying in bulk will more than likely receive the units well below retail. Like CC, Best Buy, etc...

Why would Pioneer post it at 1000 if it's going to cost more at their biggest retailers? That makes zero sense. They would post a higher price if anything, so that everyone priced below Pioneers msrp seems like a "deal". Most chains will set the price at msrp, sometimes with a slight discount (except crutchfield lol). Smaller guys will try and compete by going like 50 bux lower. The smaller guys get the unit for around 7-800, but they only buy like 5-10 MAYBE, where as Best Buy and CC order more like 500-1000 lol EASY, so they obviously dont pay the same as the mom and pop shop, they pay bulk pricing.